If you have a prizerebel account read here

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBookerMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Ok, we all know the benefits of the site, i myself have received a game and xbl time, but this is complete bullshit.

My story with prize rebel begins like this.

I signed up about two weeks ago with a yahoo acount but never got my confirmation email

So i signed up with my gmail and switched my email to my yahoo account in my profile.

I got logged out and when i tried to log back in i had to confirm the yahoo account(which i never got a confirmation email for)

So i said fuck it, i'll just make another email since yahoo isn't working on this site.

And i re-clicked the confirmation email they sent to my gmail and it reset my account and i stuck with that.

Im on the site for a few days, got a game, and then get banned.

Why?

Because i had two accounts.

I explained the situation to them and they put it back, but made sure to tell me "IF YOU MAKE ANOTER ACCOUNT YOU WILL BE BANNED"

They insisted that it was in no way their fault i didn't receive their confirmation email and told me to check the bulk folder.

2nd thing

On the site, if you fill out an offer twice you wont receive credit and will be banned. This is fine except that since they had that little bug or whatever, your completed offers page doesn't list everything you did (ive done 24 and only see about 12) So if you dont remember everything you've done and do the same offer, your fucked.

3rd and the worst thing.

I wake up this morning to find my 10.1 points i was earning for a gpak xbox360 case was gone. I figured it was another glitch. This is the conversation:

» By: User
Last night i had 10.1 points, now i have 0. What happened
2007-06-18 12:43:18

» By: Staff
Your points were deducted as our advertisers informed us that most of the offers you did reported you as having fake/bogus information.
2007-06-18 12:44:16

How did it have fake/bogus info?

It's the same info i gave you guys to ship out to me.

[This is where i put my info in, im editing this part in, but basically i put my address, name, phone # email, etc. Everything they needed to ship my game out to me, and everything i was filling out on the surveys]

Ive filled out everything with this info.
2007-06-18 12:59:28

This is closed for discussion as that is what the advertiser told us.
2007-06-18 13:03:20

So how exactlly can i do another offer if what im putting in is my real information, yet you say this is closed for discussion cause the advertisor said it wasn't. Like what possible option is there.
2007-06-18 13:29:37

Just use valid information and as long as we don't get any more reports from advertisers, everything is fine.
2007-06-18 13:33:29

Are you kidding me? I tell them i put in all my real info and they tell me just make sure you put in all your real info, and as long as they dont get anymore reports everything is fine. With who?

Im out 10.1 points, but im pottentially out WAy more stuff because now im nervous to do more offers because i dont know what advertiser is gonna tell them my real info is fake.

Picture this scenario, cause im sure some say im just bitching. What if that 10.1 points was YOUR 110.1 points and it was just gone, and you weren't getting it back?

While the site is great as far as receiving prizes and getting offers approved, this is a bit crazy. Any one else agree or am i taking things too far?

Not to be a dick, but is it necessary to create a new thread for every single gripe you have with PrizeRebel/GamingLagoon?

Edit the OP of one of your other posts, it's not hard.

We took the time to look into your issue with your multiple accounts and resolved that for you if i recall.

Our advertisers have the final word on anything related to crediting, if they tell us they will reverse the crediting for you because of "fake/bogus information" then we will deduct your points - Its just that simple. In fact, more points should have been deducted for you but they were already redeemed for a prize which you RECEIVED. So you got the prize and all the offers you did were reversed and you are still on here complaining?

We could have easily banned you earlier because of what our sponsor told us about the offers that you did but we chose not to.

However since you obviously have a grudge against our site and you certainly don't care that we actually kept your account open after our advertiser complained, you are no longer welcome on prizerebel.

You have to understand how it works. I get pissed all the time when I don't get credited, but you have to understand that it's not PrizeRebel's fault. The advertisers determine when to give out points. It's up for debate whether THEY are corrupt or not.

However, you can't call PrizeRebel corrupt for refusing or deducting you points when their advertiser said you didn't do something right. It's not PR's decision, and if they decided to give you points just on your word even after what the advertiser told them, there would be know way they could make a living, since they would be giving away things without compensation from the advertisers.

And, to prsupport, if you're still here, what's the deal with the Blockbuster free trial? Your site says it's free, but on the CC info page on the signup, it says it's $10 the first month. Help?

You have to understand also, how many scammers these guys ahve to put up with, and what you were doing was fishy, which may not be your fault. I know my friend had soem trouble getting his confirmation email, but he waited and eventually got it.

i had to have them re-send it and it came in bulk, didnt come the first time though

"And, to prsupport, if you're still here, what's the deal with the Blockbuster free trial? Your site says it's free, but on the CC info page on the signup, it says it's $10 the first month. Help?"

I noticed on gaminglagoon they have different banners/directions then the sites it actually goes to. Like on a free offer it says to pay $29.95 for .4 points. okay not.... LOL

Prizerebel is the same way, I think the whole linkage to find out who gets credits or not is screwed. I mean we know the advertisers(gaminglagoon,prizerebel) are hitting traffic. But to find out with scripts and then credit us the points?

I disagree with anything and everything said against PrizeRebel, except the way new offers are being inputted after that glitch in the system. Since your here prsupport, are they being added to the end or at the beginning of the offers pages for those of us who don't know what offers were done or not?

For anyone looking for a great freebie site, PrizeRebel is definitely a good choice.

OP, just from being an active member in a few of these GPT sites the offers have ALL gone downhill. The sites themselves have ALL gone strict.

Based on what you told us, you had a multiple account issue--got banned--but cleared it up with them and everything was ok. Like most sites, as long as your not trying to pull a fast one you should be fine--AND be able to back yourself up in case of something "fishy" comes along. In this case, you were able to. These sites aren't out to get us, just protect THEIR business.

Now I can't comment on what was given to the sponsors, and why they said it was false (if you honestly say you provided them with true info). But sooo much fraud has gone down for the past few months and the sponsors are JUST trying to protect themselves from losing money.

Haven't you noticed on ALL sites that the pay-outs have GENERALLY gone down? The approval rate has taken a little bit longer? This is for them to fish out the fraud. It's annoying, but it was bound to happen.

Now about completing an offer more then once, I wouldn't worry about that TOO much. The only reason they put that on their main site is because when they had the available offers glitch and a lot of offers came as "available" (the ones you have done before and were now completed/credited) they did not want people to take advantage of it. I am almost 100% sure that's what the "DO NOT DO OFFERS MORE THEN ONCE YOU WILL BE BANNED" came in at.

BTW--For anyone with a ton of offers in your "Available Offers" (the ones you have done previously and received credit for..) just send them a support ticket with the offers you did--they will remove them and add them to your "Completed offers" list. They did this for me (and were quick and nice about it). I think I had re-did one of those offers, but I let them know about it--and since I told them about it, it was OK.

In the long run, treat this site as well as ALL GPT sites like a relationship. Don't cheat, don't lie, and if you fuck up with someone COME CLEAN and have good communication with the support team. It sounds funny, but it's true :)

[quote name='lilboo']BTW--For anyone with a ton of offers in your "Available Offers" (the ones you have done previously and received credit for..) just send them a support ticket with the offers you did--they will remove them and add them to your "Completed offers" list. They did this for me (and were quick and nice about it). I think I had re-did one of those offers, but I let them know about it--and since I told them about it, it was OK.
[/QUOTE]
Thats presuming you know what you did though .. I don't recall what offers I did, I just did any offers available there, lol .. I wish I'd taken a screenie of the 30 offers I'd done previously, or if there was emails on completion.

[quote name='Foladar']Thats presuming you know what you did though .. I don't recall what offers I did, I just did any offers available there, lol .. I wish I'd taken a screenie of the 30 offers I'd done previously, or if there was emails on completion.[/QUOTE]

But out of all of them, I'm SURE you can pick out a good handful of the ones you have already done.

I picked out four that I remembered, does that count .. well, I think I remembered them, they all look the same =\ lol

I can tell you what was added on July 15th, so you know which ones you haven't done for sure...

Newly added:

FREE
Party With a Star - Cindy Margolis
Mcdonald's $25 Gift Card
Synovate
Fast Web - Short Form
SHOPZU - Apple iPod
Win a Awesome Plasma TV
Nielsen/NetRatings
Women Work From Home
LegalMatch
BabyToBee
Mom Execs
Greenfield Online
Valued Opinions
Memolink
Win StarBucks Gift Certificate
Jeopardy Game
Enfamil
Are you Smarter? Quiz
Win $10 Scratch Ticket
Esurance
Insurance.com
Automotive.com
Reliable Remodel
Insurance.com
Party With AStar-Traci Bingham
Win a Eclipse Spyder
Win $1,500 Gift Card

CC

BlockBuster - Free Trial
Grant Search Assistant
HudHomesNow - 7 day Trial
How to Make Money on eBay
NY Times
Sirius Radio - Free Radio
00Inkjets
NetFlix
Google Money Toolkit

That's it. But you should kinda know which CC offers you've done, or else you're probably not doing this right.

I know they added that many, because on the 14th I had 3 or 4 pages of total offers left. Now I have 11 pages total.

I haven't done *any* CC offers on any website. Are those offers added on the 15th, or since the 15th? And whats the red or white mean? You've done the red, I'm guessing? PS: thanks!

Perhaps it's since the 15th, I don't know if they've added new ones in the past two days. All I know is those were not there BEFORE June 15.

Oh, and the red and white doesn't mean any thing. Where it turns red is where I just started copying and pasting from the site.

[quote name='lilboo']OP, just from being an active member in a few of these GPT sites the offers have ALL gone downhill. The sites themselves have ALL gone strict.

Based on what you told us, you had a multiple account issue--got banned--but cleared it up with them and everything was ok. Like most sites, as long as your not trying to pull a fast one you should be fine--AND be able to back yourself up in case of something "fishy" comes along. In this case, you were able to. These sites aren't out to get us, just protect THEIR business.

Now I can't comment on what was given to the sponsors, and why they said it was false (if you honestly say you provided them with true info). But sooo much fraud has gone down for the past few months and the sponsors are JUST trying to protect themselves from losing money.

Haven't you noticed on ALL sites that the pay-outs have GENERALLY gone down? The approval rate has taken a little bit longer? This is for them to fish out the fraud. It's annoying, but it was bound to happen.

Now about completing an offer more then once, I wouldn't worry about that TOO much. The only reason they put that on their main site is because when they had the available offers glitch and a lot of offers came as "available" (the ones you have done before and were now completed/credited) they did not want people to take advantage of it. I am almost 100% sure that's what the "DO NOT DO OFFERS MORE THEN ONCE YOU WILL BE BANNED" came in at.

BTW--For anyone with a ton of offers in your "Available Offers" (the ones you have done previously and received credit for..) just send them a support ticket with the offers you did--they will remove them and add them to your "Completed offers" list. They did this for me (and were quick and nice about it). I think I had re-did one of those offers, but I let them know about it--and since I told them about it, it was OK.

In the long run, treat this site as well as ALL GPT sites like a relationship. Don't cheat, don't lie, and if you fuck up with someone COME CLEAN and have good communication with the support team. It sounds funny, but it's true :)[/QUOTE]

Well im banned now so it doesn't matter. Moving on to the next one i guess, it was just stupid that i was BANNED for posting this. I never said i wasn't willing to participate again, i was just worried that i would(once again) get my credit revoked for having "false information"

This = A reason for banning apperantlly.

My warning to everyone is just watch your points and dont hold on to them for too long. Like the guy from prizerebel said, their was nothing they could do, the advertiser said it was false and it's a wrap, your SOL.

And also if it DOES happen, make sure you dont complain about it and take it like a man, cause if you DO, than your banned.

And since you guys never actually TOLD ME what the sponsors classified as "false information" i would have had no idea what it was, and would have been banned eventually anyway.

[quote name='Farny']I can tell you what was added on July 15th, so you know which ones you haven't done for sure...

Newly added:

FREE
Party With a Star - Cindy Margolis
Mcdonald's $25 Gift Card
Synovate
Fast Web - Short Form
SHOPZU - Apple iPod
Win a Awesome Plasma TV
Nielsen/NetRatings
Women Work From Home
LegalMatch
BabyToBee
Mom Execs
Greenfield Online
Valued Opinions
Memolink
Win StarBucks Gift Certificate
Jeopardy Game
Enfamil
Are you Smarter? Quiz
Win $10 Scratch Ticket
Esurance
Insurance.com
Automotive.com
Reliable Remodel
Insurance.com
Party With AStar-Traci Bingham
Win a Eclipse Spyder
Win $1,500 Gift Card

CC

BlockBuster - Free Trial
Grant Search Assistant
HudHomesNow - 7 day Trial
How to Make Money on eBay
NY Times
Sirius Radio - Free Radio
00Inkjets
NetFlix
Google Money Toolkit

That's it. But you should kinda know which CC offers you've done, or else you're probably not doing this right.

I know they added that many, because on the 14th I had 3 or 4 pages of total offers left. Now I have 11 pages total.
[/quote] I didn't notice that they added that many. Shiet lol maybe I can get my 360 rechargable battery now.

Yeah, those are all new. But I tried to do like 3 of them and didn't get credited immediately, so I just stopped. I'll pick it up later.

Same here I did about 3 and it didn't work either so I gave up.
Edit: I just got them now but it took awhile and wasn't instant like it used to be. Maybe it was just two few offers.

i have a problem with prizerebel too. i told all of my friends about prizerebel and ask them if they'd do me a favor and i'll promise i'll do something really nasty (its really off topic so i won't start something). So i got 17 of my friends to create accounts and get at least 10 points so i could get amazon gift cards. we organized accounts to make, and each person created their own account. my account is where all the referrals went to. So like 13 of my friends actually do it, and the other 4 blow me off. 13 of us have 10 points totaling up to 180 points (ENOUGH FOR MY PSP)!!! I am so happy. So i told them i'd claim all the gift cards the same night. I went home and claimed gift cards for the total number of points they had using the exact same billing info for each account* (i believe that was my mistake). We organized this in the beginning so we used the same password for all accounts. all of the accounts looked like they were mine, so prizerebel decides to ban every single one in the krazykuulprizerebel001-krazykuulprizerebel015 range, and two random named ones two of my other friends made.

here is the note i sent them:

Hello, recently, me and my friends accounts got banned when we tried to claim amazon gift cards for all of the points we had. I got them to do me a favor of getting at least 10 points so we could claim a bunch of amazon gift cards and have them sent to me, so when we claimed them, the next two days, all of our accounts showed up as banned. They are now mad at me because a couple of them spent at least 3 days trying to get points for me, and now they are telling me everythings a scam and I am stupid for getting them to waste their time. I sent other contact notes but not heard anything. The accounts were named krazykuul001@gmail(or yahoo).com, and the number went up to 15. I believe two of my other friends created [email protected], and [email protected], and the account i used was [email protected] (PLEASE DONT THINK ANYTHING OF THE NAME) I did not hack the account or anything. PLEASE I would really appreciate a response because I will keep trying to send this until my friends are satisfyed. thanks

see, i try to explain without loosing my cool, and yet, prizerebel never responds to any freakin ticket i send to them.

sorry i cannot make a thread since i am a noob here. PRIZEREBEL, PLEASE SEE THIS NOTE.

OH SHIT, THIS IS AN OLD THREAD!!! i'll post as a thread in 30 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back