Welcome to the new server - POST ALL PROBLEMS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Looks like the server move went pretty painlessly.
Please post any problems you encounter here.
Thanks.

Active Issues:
Chat
General server tweaking (DB connect errors)

Fixed Issues:
Forum time is wrong
Some avatars are missing
Latest Msg Board Posts

New server specs:
Dual XEON 3.06Ghz CPU
120 GB IDE Hard Drive
1024 MB of RAM Details
2,000 GBs of Monthly Traffic

Some of the avatars are not showing up, including mine.
I got this:

"CheapAssGamer.com
Something is not right...
You came from here:
(none)
and
you are tried to get here:
/forum/images/avatars/6878948064164d4505d0c8.jpg

Your guess is as good as mine as to what went wrong."

Couldn't upload a new av either.

The front page isn't updating at all for me. I see the same posts every time I refresh. At the top of the "latest posts" is the topic"Buy 2 EA Games, get 1 free!! (at fry's_) " That post has been at the top since the new server came on, none of the latest posts update at all for me.

I've noticed that www.cheapassgamer.com will take me to the new server, while cheapassgamer.com (no www) will take me to the "Message board offline for server transition" page.

And the posts on the frontpage aren't updating at all.

[quote name='jimbodan']The front page isn't updating at all for me. I see the same posts every time I refresh. At the top of the "latest posts" is the topic"Buy 2 EA Games, get 1 free!! (at fry's_) " That post has been at the top since the new server came on, none of the latest posts update at all for me.[/quote]

Same problem for me

There a few things that will effect speed that have not yet been tweaked, so expect improvements soon...

For the past minute there was an instance that whenever I clicked on a ling my browser would want to download the page. It went way screwy.

Now it's fine.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']For the past minute there was an instance that whenever I clicked on a ling my browser would want to download the page. It went way screwy.

Now it's fine.[/quote]

Same here. Have window pop up in Firefox and Explorer

"You have choosen to open "index.php" "

All that download crap is fixed...there was about 30 minutes of rebuilds with apache and php.

Should mostly be clear now.

Please only post NEW problems that you are having NOW.

I am unable to load some of the avatars and sigs. Some of the sigs seem to just shutdown my browser. For instance, WShakespeare's keeps messing up and then shutting all of my windows. Also On some pages, my post jumps before someone who has posted before me.

While logging on today, I went to the home page, and instead of seeing the most recent forum, It said, I don't think you should be here. or something very close to that. Anyone know whats going on???

[quote name='crystalklear64']While logging on today, I went to the home page, and instead of seeing the most recent forum, It said, I don't think you should be here. or something very close to that. Anyone know whats going on???[/quote]

We know who you are.
Deploy CAGBOT-209 :robot:

Huh? I'm so confused... Seriously, can I get a non-enigmatic answer? Pretty please?

Edit: A PM would work just fine if you don't want to post it for some reason THX

Edit #2: Now that I am using a home computer I no longer get that message, but when I was at school, thats when I got it. (dunno if that helps or not...)

[quote name='crystalklear64']Huh? I'm so confused... Seriously, can I get a non-enigmatic answer? Pretty please?

Edit: A PM would work just fine if you don't want to post it for some reason THX[/quote]

Its just a database error message. It has nothing to do with you.
Or does it? 8-[

I'd also like to repeat that the server is nowhere near operating at maximum speed/effeciency.

There is still some behind the scenes work to be done.

[quote name='CheapyD']I see sblymnlcrymnl's avatar is back...anyone else having avatar issues?[/quote]

Yeah, finally let me re-upload. Thanks Cheapy.

Just noticed that some of the graphs on the stats page aren't showing up right.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Some links also don't come up.[/quote]
Example?[/quote]

Some of the links that were in Punqsux's recent post of cheap PS1 games. Also, I don't remember the name of the thread, but it was a link to an auction from punqsux I believe and it wasn't showing upp as well.

The avatar and ssig problem seems to have been fixed except for a few people's like Scrubking's which still is not loading up.

Edit: My mistake I wrote that it was Wshakespeare's auction post, it was acutally punqsux's as well.

Using Netscape, I'm able to access the front page fine, but when I try to access the forums I am told that they are not available. I thought the site was down for two days.

IE works just fine.

I keep getting timed out errors at seemingly random intervals after I click on a thread link and the page doesn't load. I had one just before this post that lasted about 2-3 minutes until I could finally access the forums again..

[quote name='bmulligan']I keep getting timed out errors at seemingly random intervals after I click on a thread link and the page doesn't load. I had one just before this post that lasted about 2-3 minutes until I could finally access the forums again..[/quote]

Yeah, some tweaking still needs to be done.

One issue that's bugged the fuck out of me, when I'm logged out, I'll click a link on the main page, it'll prompt me, I'll log in, and it'll tell me the thread doesn't exist.. so I have to go all the way back out to the main page and click it again while I'm logged in.

NOTE: This is not a new server issue though, it's been that way for a while.

[quote name='Scorch']One issue that's bugged the shaq-fu out of me, when I'm logged out, I'll click a link on the main page, it'll prompt me, I'll log in, and it'll tell me the thread doesn't exist.. so I have to go all the way back out to the main page and click it again while I'm logged in.

NOTE: This is not a new server issue though, it's been that way for a while.[/quote]

Yeah, that is annoying. I have been unable to find a fix for it so far.

[quote name='Scorch']One issue that's bugged the shaq-fu out of me, when I'm logged out, I'll click a link on the main page, it'll prompt me, I'll log in, and it'll tell me the thread doesn't exist.. so I have to go all the way back out to the main page and click it again while I'm logged in.

NOTE: This is not a new server issue though, it's been that way for a while.[/quote]

Yeah, I've gotten this one quite often actually. Otherwise, no real problems for me.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='Scorch']One issue that's bugged the shaq-fu out of me, when I'm logged out, I'll click a link on the main page, it'll prompt me, I'll log in, and it'll tell me the thread doesn't exist.. so I have to go all the way back out to the main page and click it again while I'm logged in.

Yeah, that is annoying. I have been unable to find a fix for it so far.[/quote]

No rush. The amount of money I've saved at this place is worth the three extra seconds.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='Scorch']One issue that's bugged the shaq-fu out of me, when I'm logged out, I'll click a link on the main page, it'll prompt me, I'll log in, and it'll tell me the thread doesn't exist.. so I have to go all the way back out to the main page and click it again while I'm logged in.

Yeah, that is annoying. I have been unable to find a fix for it so far.[/quote]

No rush. The amount of money I've saved at this place is worth the three extra seconds.[/quote]

Agreed. Outside of the occasional trolls (that still come nowhere near as bad or often as at GameFAQs) I don't think I've been to a website where I've had so little to complain about.

Is it just me, or does everyone get

"phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database"

All the fucking time now? Usually for about 5-10 minutes before I can get back on.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Is it just me, or does everyone get

All the shaq-fuing time now? Usually for about 5-10 minutes before I can get back on.[/quote]That's what happens to me quite often. :(

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Is it just me, or does everyone get

All the shaq-fuing time now? Usually for about 5-10 minutes before I can get back on.[/quote]That's what happens to me quite often. :([/quote]

All the damn time. I thought it was just me.[/quote]

Well one step at a time, I'm sure in due time it will get fixed but I think its sometihing we can cope with.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Is it just me, or does everyone get

All the shaq-fuing time now? Usually for about 5-10 minutes before I can get back on.[/quote]

Anybody get this message yet today (Tuesday 10/19)?

I haven't seen that today but i have been seeing this, which is new for me.

We can't find "http://cheapassgamer.com/"

- Cannot Find Server - The web site you typed in could not be found on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back