Flatout Ultimate Carnage

fathamburger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.flatoutgame.com/index.php

Game looks fun if a bit shallow, but it looks like Flatout will out-Burnout Burnout in therms of car damage, destruction and fun. Every part of the cars seem to be fully detachable so cars can literally fly apart piece by piece on top of the shaders and usual particle trickery. They are fully deformable too so I doubt you'll ever see the same "impact effect" more than once :)

did anyone actually pick this up? I picked it up because I'm a huge fan of burnout and the new burnout game doesn't look all that great. Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing but this game is extremely difficult. I'm on the beginning races and getting my ass handed to me.

I'm going to get it when the price drops, but I loved the demo. The cars were a tad too 'floaty,' but I'm sure it is something that can be handled better with more playtime.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']did anyone actually pick this up? I picked it up because I'm a huge fan of burnout and the new burnout game doesn't look all that great. Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing but this game is extremely difficult. I'm on the beginning races and getting my ass handed to me.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I read that. I was going to buy it for my 7 year old boy (who is a huge Burnout fan), but he tends to get frustrated too easily. The demo is probably good enough for him anyway. He could do the demolition derby for 8 hours straight if I let him.

[quote name='Kromax']I'm glad I read that. I was going to buy it for my 7 year old boy (who is a huge Burnout fan), but he tends to get frustrated too easily. The demo is probably good enough for him anyway. He could do the demolition derby for 8 hours straight if I let him.[/quote]

the demolition derby is about the only easy mode. I've played like all of the beginning tracks in regular races and 4 or 5 of the mini game type stuff like demolition derby and I've struggled to get bronze on them. And this is just the beginning, I have no idea how I'm ever going to make progress later on.

I was always good at burnout but man do I suck at this game.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']the demolition derby is about the only easy mode. I've played like all of the beginning tracks in regular races and 4 or 5 of the mini game type stuff like demolition derby and I've struggled to get bronze on them. And this is just the beginning, I have no idea how I'm ever going to make progress later on.

I was always good at burnout but man do I suck at this game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again for this info.

Am I crazy or is this the only video game forum where people act civilly toward each other, and actually help?

ya no problem.

Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic game and a lot of fun. The learning curve is brutal though, and I've heard horror stories of people spending 5-7 hours just trying to complete one event.

aside from that my only other gripe is the soundtrack, it's nothing but terrible nu-metalish rock bands. Some variety would have been nice. But custom soundtrack fixes that up real easy. And the game even shows you're custom soundtrack popup with the song name and artist like it would normally for the games built in soundtrack which is cool.

As hard as this game is its a shame it will get overlooked by so many people because in my opinion its just slightly under burnout

Does this have the "high jump" mode from the first Flatout in it? I loved that mode, it's pretty much all I really did in that game. A little bit of Burnout's Crash Mode and some Flatout High jump with a few buddies was always a good time.

[quote name='Kromax']Thanks again for this info.

Am I crazy or is this the only video game forum where people act civilly toward each other, and actually help?[/quote]

Yes, CAG has a nice community-oriented feel to it. Not being part of a giant conglomerate is one of main reasons I think that this is so.

$38.99 at buy.com with google checkout if anyone is interested. That includes free shipping...i'm very tempted to pick this up, loved the demo, easily put 25+ hours into it.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Does this have the "high jump" mode from the first Flatout in it? I loved that mode, it's pretty much all I really did in that game. A little bit of Burnout's Crash Mode and some Flatout High jump with a few buddies was always a good time.[/quote]

high jump mode is present. It pretty much has the exact same mini game type stuff from both flatouts.

bread's done
Back