Kuru Kururin Paradise (GBA) @ Play-Asia for $9.90

briandadude

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Here

The game is flat out awesome! I bought it about 2 months ago and just about everyone is my family has played it and enjoyed it. There really aren't any games out there like it (save for its prequel) and the gameplay is quite addictive. I thought $15 was a steal but this is a must buy.

I highly recommend you pick this up.

I tried the original and found it frustrating. The first several mazes are kind of fun, but then it becomes one of those games where you have to keep doing the same level over and over and over again. It's a challenge, but is it fun? I'm not sure.

Thanks Op! I never heard of this game before, but it sounded interesting and the price was right. You've contributed to my first import!

I have both GBA Kururins and the Gamecube one, but I haven't played Paradise yet. Based on the first GBA and Gamecube ones, I'm pretty sure you don't need to know any Japanese to play these games. They're pretty decent games, very colorful and simple. I liked them, but I was distracted by other games when I played them, so I never finished any of them.

[quote name='bookwo3107']Anybody know anything about the GCN one? For 20 bucks, I may be tempted to pick it up...[/quote]

It's similar to the GBA versions, with no knowledge of Japanese required.

[quote name='guinaevere']Aw but Kirin, you love stuff because it's japanese and/or not available over here. =P

Though it does look very... colorful.[/QUOTE]
Heh, perhaps I should clarify...

I played the first Kuru Kuru Kururin game at Nintendo Space World in 2000, back when they unveiled both the GameCube and the GBA. I absolutely loved it for its simplicity, challenge, and import-friendly nature (my Japanese proficiency then was pretty poor compared to now). Menus are in very basic Japanese, but the actual gameplay does not involve reading at all, so once you learn where each option goes, you're pretty much over the language barrier.

Gameplay-wise, you guide a spinning stick through various passageways in which you must avoid hitting the walls. Because the stick is spinning, there's quite a bit of challenge involved in narrow corridors. In later levels, springs are incorporated to change the direction of your rotation, and you'll also have moving objects to contend with. It's great fun, and I'm addicted to this franchise!

This is one of my favorite games. Paradise lets you speed up the rotation of the stick which makes for less waiting and a better gameplay experience. No Japanese required, but here are the menu setups if trial and error is not your thing.

Title Screen:

Press Start (goes to selection screen)

Selection Screen:

ひとりであそろ
1 Player Game

1カートリッジたいせん
Single Cartridge Battle

1 Player Game Screen:

5 times:
あたらしくはじめる
Start New (Begin new game)

データをけす
Delete Data (You can select you saved game on this screen also, if a saved game is present.)

Single Cartridge Battle Screen:

1カートリッジたいせん
Single Cartridge Battle (non selectable)

くるくるりん
kururin

ミニゲームパラダイス
Minigame Paradise

Start New Screen:
Enter your name on this screen.

ひらがな
hiragana

カタカナ
katakana

さくじよ
cancel

けってい
decide

Menu Screen:
(after selecting or entering your name)

ぼうけん
adventure

れんじゅう
practice

ちょうせん
challenge

マジック
magic

Challenge Screen:

ちょうせん
challenge (non selectable)

くるくるりん
kururin

ミニゲームパラダイス
Minigame Paradise

Pause Screen: (in game)

つづける
Continue

やりなおす
Restart

コースをみる
Examine Course

セレクトへもどる
Back To Level Select

Here is a review and some screens from Paradise for your viewing pleasure:

kururinparadise.jpg
kururin1.jpg

kururinparadise7.gif
kururinparadise12.gif

kururinparadise03.gif
kururinparadise04.gif

kururinparadise05.gif
kururinparadise06.gif

kururinparadisemini1.gif
kururinparadise08.gif

kururinparadise09.gif
kururinparadisemini3.gif

kururinparadise11.gif
kururinparadise2.gif

kururinparadisemini5.gif
kururinparadisemini9.gif

kururinparadise8.gif
kururinparadisemini16.gif

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I have both GBA Kururins and the Gamecube one, but I haven't played Paradise yet. Based on the first GBA and Gamecube ones, I'm pretty sure you don't need to know any Japanese to play these games. They're pretty decent games, very colorful and simple. I liked them, but I was distracted by other games when I played them, so I never finished any of them.[/QUOTE]
Er... Paradise IS the second GBA one, and there are only two GBA ones. So, if you've got Kuru Kuru Kururin and another GBA Kururin, but not Paradise... then what's the second?

I've got both of them, and the GCN Kururin Squash, and love them all. Great series.

[quote name='mkelehan']Er... Paradise IS the second GBA one, and there are only two GBA ones. So, if you've got Kuru Kuru Kururin and another GBA Kururin, but not Paradise... then what's the second?

I've got both of them, and the GCN Kururin Squash, and love them all. Great series.[/QUOTE]

She HAS Paradise but has not played it yet.

I thought the first GBA game was terrific - it was a launch title in Europe but never made it to America. The Japanese GameCube game is also excellent, especially for the fun multiplayer and improved graphics. Everyone should give Paradise a shot at this low price.

[quote name='mickeyp']Anybody know how to get free shipping?[/quote]

Not possible. There are, however, $5 off coupons with orders of $50 or more. It won't exactly equate to 'free shipping' but it's pretty close depending on the weight of your order.

I also recommend choosing Air Economy Box shipping if you care about the GBA box that the game comes in.

EDIT: Guess you changed your reply while I was replying. :p

bread's done
Back