Progressive Scan GC games.

Halo05

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Ok, due to a list possibly not existing, I'm going to start compiling a list of all the Gamecube games that display in 480p with the component cables. To boot these game in Progressive Scan mode, hold down the B button while the Gamecube logo is being displayed. Keep it held down until the message "Display in Progressive Scan mode?" appears. Select "YES" to activate the mode.

Starting with my library...

Final Fantasy - Crystal Chronicles
Fire Emblem - Path of Radiance
Future Tactics
F-Zero GX
Gameboy Advance Player
Geist
Legend of Zelda - Collector's Edition
Legend of Zelda - Four Swords Adventures
Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess
Mario Power Tennis
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2 - Echoes
NFL Street
Paper Mario - The Thousand Year Door
Phantasy Star Online - Episode I & II
Phantasy Star Online - Episode I & II Plus
Phantasy Star Online - Episode III C.A.R.D. Revolution
Pikmin 2
R - Racing Evolution
Robotech - Battlecry
Sonic Adventure DX
Soul Calibur II
Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Assault
Star Wars - Bounty Hunter
Star Wars - Rogue Squadron III - Rebel Strike
Viewtiful Joe
Warioworld

If you would like to help, make a note in this thread of what game(s) you have that support Progressive Scan. I'll add these titles to the above list. I can't imagine anyone doesn't know this but the back of the game boxes have little icons for things like the number of memory card slots required and the number of players. There is also an icon for Progressive Scan, it looks like a TV screen with lines running horizontally across it.

See, that's what I was looking for, ok, everyone go bookmark that link if you're interested, mods, delete this for all I care.

That list seems wrong unless Nintendo didn't always list progressive scan on the backs of their games.

For example, my PC version of Animal Crossing doesn't have the progressive scan icon on the back of the box. Neither does Battalion Wars. Those are both Nintendo published games. At the same time, Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess (a newer game than either of those) does have the progressive scan icon on the back. Figures this would be harder than I initially thought it would be.

EDIT - Things get more complicated. The manuals for Battalion Wars and Chibi Robo both mention the game being progressive scan compatible. The boxes (double checked) do not. The manual for Animal Crossing doesn't mention anything about progressive scan (as far as I saw). Curses. For now I suppose the link will have to serve as I don't currently have any way to actually test progressive scan compatibility. If anyone wants to donate an old, crusty HDTV to me for research purposes I'll pay shipping :p

Another EDIT - That link also doesn't list, for example NFL Street at all. It does however include Starcraft - Ghost... Who the fuck wrote that thing up?

best way to check progressive scan is on the wii now lol

and yes animal crossing does support 480p
and that hdtvarcade site is pretty accurate for the gamecube

most if not all nintendo published games are 480p

for some games you hold down A while it boots to get the progressive scan to run, Mario Sunshine is the first one that comes to mind

I have a Westinghouse 32" LCD HDTV so 16:9 is the kicker for me. The only Mario game on the Gamecube that supports 480p as well as 16:9 is Super Mario Strikers. Soul Calibur 2 is pretty much the only other game that is good and does 480p and 16:9.

[quote name='Halo05']That list seems wrong unless Nintendo didn't always list progressive scan on the backs of their games.

For example, my PC version of Animal Crossing doesn't have the progressive scan icon on the back of the box. Neither does Battalion Wars. Those are both Nintendo published games. At the same time, Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess (a newer game than either of those) does have the progressive scan icon on the back. Figures this would be harder than I initially thought it would be.

EDIT - Things get more complicated. The manuals for Battalion Wars and Chibi Robo both mention the game being progressive scan compatible. The boxes (double checked) do not. The manual for Animal Crossing doesn't mention anything about progressive scan (as far as I saw). Curses. For now I suppose the link will have to serve as I don't currently have any way to actually test progressive scan compatibility. If anyone wants to donate an old, crusty HDTV to me for research purposes I'll pay shipping :p

Another EDIT - That link also doesn't list, for example NFL Street at all. It does however include Starcraft - Ghost... Who the fuck wrote that thing up?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo stopped listing the progressive scan on the box when they removed the digital port from the back of the Gamecube.

hdtvarcade was the best list I knew of until I saw the list that nyprimus4 posted.

[quote name='nyprimus4']http://www.elysianht.com/gamecube/Ni...20&%20PLII.xls
Your welcome.[/QUOTE]

Nice list! Are there xbox/ps2 lists from the same source?

See, I would've thought that Nintendo would remove the progressive scan icon from the box as well after they ditched the older version of the Gamecube. But my copy of Twilight Princess (amoung others) says differently.

Anyhow, thanks to everyone who posted the links. I'm probably going to save the HD Arcade one but I don't see a need to list everything here and beg for a sticky.

bread's done
Back