Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition $19.99 After MIR at FYE

*sigh* Yet another great Fye deal and me without an Fye. Dammit.:bomb:

Does Fye have any sister stores with the same promotions? I think I remember seeing somewhere that Suncoast and Coconuts were the same as Fye. I don't know why I'm asking since we only had a Suncoast and that was closed a while ago.

well the local coconuts is now an fye store...so i dunno, maybe they're all changing

but good deal for re4 wii, thanks tc

That's a fine deal if you don't mind the MIR part. I actually preordered the game with the $10 GCO discount and free shipping from buy.com. I got my confirmation email today that it's on its way.

With cheap games like this the Wii has the potential to be a mass-market device like no game console has ever acheived before, not even the PS2.

Forgive me if this is a moronic question, but are FYE deals YMMV? I've never shopped there before, but there is one not *too* far away and $10 off is nice. I can wait for a rebate.

[quote name='PyroGamer']With cheap games like this the Wii has the potential to be a mass-market device like no game console has ever acheived before, not even the PS2.[/quote]

Hyperbole to rival Jim Ross and Bill Walton. :lol:

Very nice deal sadly I already bought the game at bestbuy with $5 off wii or DS coupon and won't be able to go anywhere due to work and some things, but i'm happy I get to play RE4 for the first time to beat it can't wait to play this only ones i've played was some of my brothers game when it first came out on the GCN.

Thanks for the info on this deal. =)

[quote name='PyroGamer']With cheap games like this the Wii has the potential to be a mass-market device like no game console has ever acheived before, not even the PS2.[/QUOTE]

God you're stupid. This is a 2 year old port, 4th port overall. It better be this cheap or nobody would buy it for $49.99.

[quote name='gokou36']God you're stupid. This is a 2 year old port, 4th port overall. It better be this cheap or nobody would buy it for $49.99.[/quote]

Yeah! ...Stupid!

--

I'd be all over this, but the last time I tried a FYE MIR they refused to honor it, so no thanks.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Sweet. 10% off - $10 rebate - $5 PG rebate = $13. Woo Hoo.[/QUOTE]

Hi, do you mind explain how to get the 10%off and what $5 PG rebate is?
Thanks a million!

[quote name='gokou36']God you're stupid. This is a 2 year old port, 4th port overall. It better be this cheap or nobody would buy it for $49.99.[/QUOTE]
A GC port with enhanced game play for the Wii controller. I never liked the GC controls and finally find this version playable. Maybe I'm stupid too... farty breath. :D

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Sweet. 10% off - $10 rebate - $5 PG rebate = $13. Woo Hoo.[/quote]

Too bad PG has become known at FW. Was a deal post about buy.com earlier with rebate link - sure that didnt last long

I don't see this advertised at my FYE; do you have to ask for a rebate form, or will it print out with the receipt?

*EDIT

To answer my own question, it prints out with the receipt. Thanks for the deal, OP.

[quote name='gokou36']God you're stupid. This is a 2 year old port, 4th port overall. It better be this cheap or nobody would buy it for $49.99.[/QUOTE]

If you are going to be a dick about it, you are wrong as well. This is the third port. The original Gamecube release wasn't a port, dude.

[quote name='DCGCPlayer']A GC port with enhanced game play for the Wii controller. I never liked the GC controls and finally find this version playable. Maybe I'm stupid too... farty breath. :D[/QUOTE]

Nah, you misunderstood me. What I meant to say was, he should've done some research before taking a stab at the PS2's game prices. Last generation port of a 2 year old game with some enhancements, i'm sure the RE fans would be complaining about the price if it was any higher. Hell, I already saw people complaining when this was announced saying capcom is trying to milk this.

Don't get me wrong tho, I have this game and I still would've bought it if it was $49.99. I just love Resident Evil :p. If anyone still doesn't have this game, they should get it. Its definitely worth the price just to use it with the wii mote.

Got mine today, combining the extra 45% in credit on FN Round 3 for the PS3 (which I was never going to play) with a few duplicate dvds I had lying around

Got about 50 in credit on 4 items, picked up RE4 Wii and Talladega Nights BR (the uncut version not the PS3 freebie), paid about 4 out of pocket,so with the 10 I get back, I will make out pretty well...

Planned on flipping that Eragon attrocity on the 360 after I get my achievements... there have been some really good deals at FYE lately

[quote name='SDC']If you are going to be a dick about it, you are wrong as well. This is the third port. The original Gamecube release wasn't a port, dude.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you know what I meant by 4th port overall. Third port, 4th game overall, happy now?

[quote name='chakan']I don't see this advertised at my FYE; do you have to ask for a rebate form, or will it print out with the receipt?

*EDIT

To answer my own question, it prints out with the receipt. Thanks for the deal, OP.[/quote]

I ran into this same question myself. I called FYE this morning to ask if they even had any of the game (closest FYE that actually sells games is 30 miles away). Guy told me they had 2. I got there, they had one, separated from all the other Wii games, sitting in the #1 spot on the new releases wall. I grabbed it, went to the counter, and asked about the rebate. Neither cashier had any idea, but they looked it up on the computer and found it.

I was glad because I really didn't want to have to tell them "Well, people on CheapAssGamer said that there was one." I used a $10 gift card I had, knocking the after tax price down to $22. FYE rebate will make it $12, and if I can get in on the PG one, I'll have it down to $7. Badass. I was wondering too if I have to cut out the UPC from the insert, or can I just use the one from the sticker on the plastic wrapping?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I ran into this same question myself. I called FYE this morning to ask if they even had any of the game (closest FYE that actually sells games is 30 miles away). Guy told me they had 2. I got there, they had one, separated from all the other Wii games, sitting in the #1 spot on the new releases wall. I grabbed it, went to the counter, and asked about the rebate. Neither cashier had any idea, but they looked it up on the computer and found it.

I was glad because I really didn't want to have to tell them "Well, people on CheapAssGamer said that there was one." I used a $10 gift card I had, knocking the after tax price down to $22. FYE rebate will make it $12, and if I can get in on the PG one, I'll have it down to $7. Badass. I was wondering too if I have to cut out the UPC from the insert, or can I just use the one from the sticker on the plastic wrapping?[/QUOTE]

Use the UPC from the plastic wrapper... I was told it works by the cashier, its the same UPC number

[quote name='zman73']Use the UPC from the plastic wrapper... I was told it works by the cashier, its the same UPC number[/quote]

Sweet, I noticed that as well. I just wasn't sure if they would be picky about it. Thanks for the info though! You saved me from putting a hole in the box..lol.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Too bad PG has become known at FW. Was a deal post about buy.com earlier with rebate link - sure that didnt last long[/QUOTE]

DAMNIT! It is indeed gone:cry:

[quote name='Zmonkay']DAMNIT! It is indeed gone:cry:[/quote]

How can the PG rebate be expired when I only see 1 freakin review on the site? I guess people are downloading the bonus form before they write their review? That's beat up man. I bet half those people don't even have the damn game yet.

[quote name='62t']you never see 50 reviews. Most people just request them but never write a review[/quote]

Yeah, that's crap. I contacted PG support about it. Not that I feel "entitled" to the $5 bonus, but you would think it would be a violation of their TOS when Step 1 clearly states "write a review". Step 2 is "download bonus form". I don't really expect much of a response, but you never know.

[quote name='62t']you never see 50 reviews. Most people just request them but never write a review[/QUOTE]

QFT. I don't know how many times I've seen something on there that I wrote a review for for the bouns, the bonus is gone, and I'm one of like 4 reviews there. They need to change it so you can only DL it after writing the review IMHO.

I always request the bonus before I write the review. Usually I request it whenever it comes up (if I have the game) or whenever I buy the game and then immediately print it out after I request it. I write the reviews before I mail em in (which can sometimes be 2 months after I requested the bonus).

I do it that way because I know that it will probably be gone by the time I bother to write the review.

[quote name='SpazX']I always request the bonus before I write the review. Usually I request it whenever it comes up (if I have the game) or whenever I buy the game and then immediately print it out. I write the reviews before I mail em in (which can sometimes be 2 months after I requested the bonus).

I do it that way because I know that it will probably be gone by the time I bother to write the review.[/quote]

And I don't mind that for the people who actually write the reviews. It just seems unlikely that 49 other reviews...all from this rebate, will miraculously pop up within 2 months. It just bothers me for people who will waste it, taking it away from somebody else.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']And I don't mind that for the people who actually write the reviews. It just seems unlikely that 49 other reviews...all from this rebate, will miraculously pop up within 2 months. It just bothers me for people who will waste it, taking it away from somebody else.[/quote]

Yeah I know what you're saying. It seems like there are hardly ever more than 5 or so reviews for anything on pricegrabber.

I would've liked to have gotten this one too since I'll probably buy the game within the next few weeks. I've never seen one disappear so fast.

[quote name='SpazX']Yeah I know what you're saying. It seems like there are hardly ever more than 5 or so reviews for anything on pricegrabber.

I would've liked to have gotten this one too since I'll probably buy the game within the next few weeks. I've never seen one disappear so fast.[/quote]

That's basically why I contacted them. I wouldn't even be surprised if it was an error or something. I mean, the game just came out yesterday really. Although I guess since it was on FW, I'm sure a bunch of people who "might" get the game just went ahead and took a form for themselves. Greedy bastards! lol

Does the FYE rebate print out at the register? I stopped at the Union Station store this afternoon, and they had several copies of the game, but no mention of the rebate anywhere.

[quote name='nuttyturnip']Does the FYE rebate print out at the register? I stopped at the Union Station store this afternoon, and they had several copies of the game, but no mention of the rebate anywhere.[/quote]

Yeah, it prints out. I'd ask them at the register just to be sure, but they looked it up for me, and then it just printed anyway.

i can verify that the sticker on the plastic wrap does work for the mir jus peel it off and stick it to the back of the rebate form.

Can anyone please point out what sticker everyone is talking about?

I don't see any UPC sticker on my RE4 from FYE.

bread's done
Back