OH SNAP! Diablo 2 Ladder reset 6/25!

Mattte

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
We're playing on USWest, "home" channel is CAG.

People in:
CAG Name.............................Battle.net name
- Mattte.................................*Mattte
- Koggit.................................
- crystalklear64.....................
- halu102..............................
- HotShotX............................
- snotnose_colossal..............
- Kayden...............................
- Logain8955........................
- daewezzy..........................*daewezzy
- Swift900............................
- Genocidal...........................*Gen0cidal

www.battle.net

We will be resetting the Diablo II ladder on June 25, 2007, beginning a new ladder season and providing a fresh start for those participating on the ladder realms. All current ladder characters will be moved to the non-ladder realm, and the ladder realm will re-open as a blank slate where all-new heroes can make their mark. Try out a new character idea, adventure with your friends, and race to be the first on your realm to reach level 99. The realms will be offline for approximately four hours during the ladder reset. Once the specific schedule for the reset has been determined, we’ll post that information in the Battle.net Status Forum.

Anyone planning on starting up again? Nothing like a fresh new start.

Post it up if you want to start up a CAG "clan" (Plan on playing USEast too)

I just started again a couple months ago, I got my Sorceress up to 83... this kinda sucks for me, since I was late to the second ladder, I never got to do the whole key thing. I got to kill Uber Diablo for an Anni in the first ladder season, though.

Anyway, yeah, I'll start a new ladder character. I'll probably stick to US West though, just because all my friends play on it. I'd quest with any fellow CAGs who plan on playing US West.

Hmm, now I'm getting tempted to play this game now. My two other friends were playing it hardcore. I'd prolly stick to U.S. West though.

Are Bonemancers still cool? I can bone 'em real good ;)

I haven't played Diablo 2 in forever, I don't know if I'm up for playing more of it though. I do suggest everyone play on US West, that way you guys can go into the CAG Starcraft chat, it'd be one big CAG family on Battle.net

[quote name='halu102']Hmm, now I'm getting tempted to play this game now. My two other friends were playing it hardcore. I'd prolly stick to U.S. West though.

Are Bonemancers still cool? I can bone 'em real good ;)[/QUOTE]

Do you mean bone/poison, or like Bone Spirit-based? Bone Spirit necros haven't been very good for like three years, or whenever 1.09 came out. Poison/bone are still good though.

I'd be up for it as well, hopefully with a decent community following, it wont become like a boring treadmill again.

OP, update the main post with a list of people interested in starting the "CAG Diablo II: LoD League", this way newcomers can see the first post and know there's a good following coming. In the meantime, I'm gonna dig out my copy of DII/LoD and get it installed again.

~HotShotX

I picked up Diablo II and the expansion on the cheap recently, but I've never played online. I'm still working my way through the single player acts. How does this online ladder work? Do you play through the game cooperatively with other people? Is it a persistent world you play in? Or is it more like deathmatch PvP type play?

[quote name='redline']I picked up Diablo II and the expansion on the cheap recently, but I've never played online. I'm still working my way through the single player acts. How does this online ladder work? Do you play through the game cooperatively with other people? Is it a persistent world you play in? Or is it more like deathmatch PvP type play?[/quote]
similar to starcraft, 8 players per game, monsters/exp/item drops improve with each player in game. Play game normally, just more ppl, and faster :) not to mention some online only equipment, and ladder only uber items.

[quote name='HotShotX']similar to starcraft, 8 players per game, monsters/exp/item drops improve with each player in game. Play game normally, just more ppl, and faster :) not to mention some online only equipment, and ladder only uber items.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget the game dominating rune words!

Count me out! I used to play this game non stop till i quit. All those diablo run post expansion day, where it is impossible to get max level or those Baal or cow runs. What characters are good now?

Eh, maybe. Diablo II on bnet (US East) has been nothing but a lagfest for me the past year or so -- disappointing because I used to love playing online and never experienced any issues in the past.

Firewall issues?

Starcraft lags like a mother now that I'm behind a firewall, can't figure out what the problem is either.

Anybody want Diablo 2 and the Expansion? Played it only once. Ill let both of them go for $25. Sorry for the off-topicness.

You'll be hard up to find a buyer I imagine, since the battle chest with Diablo, D2, LoD, and two "hint guides" (worthless) is $27 new with free saver shipping.

[quote name='Genocidal']You'll be hard up to find a buyer I imagine, since the battle chest with Diablo, D2, LoD, and two "hint guides" (worthless) is $27 new with free saver shipping.[/QUOTE]

Damn, really? Haha oh well.

I have only ever played Diablo II a few times (when it first came out and before the expansion). Then my computer crashed and I never reinstalled. I just got a new laptop and have been playing older games on it. Warcraft III, SC, Fallout 1&2, and want to play Diablo. Has structure and gameplay changed much with the patches and updates? Are Palladins still any good?

[quote name='paddlefoot']I have only ever played Diablo II a few times (when it first came out and before the expansion). Then my computer crashed and I never reinstalled. I just got a new laptop and have been playing older games on it. Warcraft III, SC, Fallout 1&2, and want to play Diablo. Has structure and gameplay changed much with the patches and updates? Are Palladins still any good?[/quote]

Good question, Blizzard has added a ton of extra stuff and gameplay, so if you've played before patch 1.10, you might as well have played a different game...I'd recommend choosing a character you wanna play, and finding a guide on GameFAQs to mold him/her to your liking.

~HotShotX

The short answer to your question is that Paladins are still good, but are now played completely differently (as casters instead of melee).

As HotShot said, a lot changed in 1.10 - primarily synergies, which would take longer than it's worth to explain here. Essentially, synergies changed which spells are the 'best', and also added a lot of balance to the trees. Paladin's best skill is now Blessed Hammer, which a properly built character can cast to do 16,000+ damage per hit.

The problem with playing Paladin as your first character is that the gear is ridiculously expensive. Hammerdins are arguably the most powerful build, but they require the most expensive gear in the game.

For complete newbs I'd suggest a summoning Necromancer, as they're by far the easiest to play and you won't have any trouble with anything until late Nightmare. For more experienced players' first character in a new patch I suggest Sorceress, since even with awful gear a Sorceress can do Mephisto runs on any difficulty quite quickly (to get good gear for building other characters).

Basically any class can do well for anyone, that's just my opinion.

Edit: Typo..

For complete newbs I'd suggest a summoning Necromancer, as they're by far the easiest to play and you won't have any trouble with anything until late Nightmare.

lol, that's the build I plan on using, and I'm hardly a newb, I just like watching my minions reign hell while I sit on my ass and command. :)

~HotShotX

That doesn't seem new to me. In the past, Hammerdin used to be ultra powerful with soj or skill related gears in pre expansion days. Blizzard constantly nerfing one character to make one stronger depending on which patch it is. I lost count of characters that used to be powerful from Whirlwind barb, fire wall sorc, blizzard orb sorc, zeal paladins, wolf melee druids and trap assaisin.

What really made me quit is the amount of asshole out there. Greedy people hug around bosses for good drops, pker's, dupers and people don't work as team. Without a clan, it pretty hard find a team of good open players

What really made me quit is the amount of asshole out there. Greedy people hug around bosses for good drops, pker's, dupers and people don't work as team. Without a clan, it pretty hard find a team of good open players

Well, there ya go, now you get to play with a group of greedy assholes that you know from the CAG community :) Nah, it'll be fun.

~HotShotX

[quote name='Mattte']Updated OP with people interested.[/quote]
I believe a few of the CAGs have made it clear that they prefer to play on USWest, and considering that I've never really had a good experience on East (despite living in Florida), I'm inclined to agree.

We should try to accomodate as many as we can. It also goes without saying that we'll be playing the expansion. :)

~HotShotX

[quote name='crystalklear64']So are we using any tags? -CAG or lCAGl or something?[/quote]

I think tags would be cool, here's my suggestions (assuming these can be used on Battle.Net):

CAG-*Name*
~CAG~*Name*
-|CAG|-*Name*
=CAG=*Name*

~HotShotX

Oh yeah, with the reset being tomorrow, we should probably establish a meeting time and place.

I opt for the following:

Realm: USWest
Channel: CAG
Room: CAG
Pass: CAG
Time: 7PM EST

Bear in mind that we all need to make: "Standard Ladder" Characters, not Hardcore, not Non-Ladder :), and I'd recommend we have a good amount of diversity amongst character...that way we can help each other out with gear, etc. As long as your not a dick to me, I'll hold that uber bow I looted from Diablo for you. ;)

With the USWest server and CAG channel, we'll be able to chat with the Starcaft CAGs as well. I'll be on at that time with my Necro.

~HotShotX

I agree, it should be US West and the same room as the Starcraft players. Also, how many of us are going to start out as new players? It'd be unfair for some to have to create a new character just because we're going to use some stupid tag. Might be better to just use our regular Battle.net names and identify ourselves in game.

There's a ladder reset monday, hence the sudden interest in starting anew. In short, everyone's making a new character, no choice about it. As for the tag, we could do without it, doesn't matter to me, I just want a general consensus on the matter so we don't have a few guys without the tag looking stupid :)

Also, I did some reading up on the "World Event" in which an uber Diablo walks the earth in hell difficulty, and drops an uber charm when beaten (+1 All Skills, +10-20 All Stats, +10-20 All Resists, +5-10% Experience). Oh, and he's like 6x stonger than Hell Diablo, something to look forward to.

~HotShotX

[quote name='yukine']I agree, it should be US West and the same room as the Starcraft players. Also, how many of us are going to start out as new players? It'd be unfair for some to have to create a new character just because we're going to use some stupid tag. Might be better to just use our regular Battle.net names and identify ourselves in game.[/quote]

Oh yeah, with the reset being tomorrow, we should probably establish a meeting time and place.

I opt for the following:

Realm: USWest
Channel: CAG
Room: CAG
Pass: CAG
Time: 7PM EST

Bear in mind that we all need to make: "Standard Ladder" Characters, not Hardcore, not Non-Ladder :), and I'd recommend we have a good amount of diversity amongst character...that way we can help each other out with gear, etc. As long as your not a dick to me, I'll hold that uber bow I looted from Diablo for you. ;)

With the USWest server and CAG channel, we'll be able to chat with the Starcaft CAGs as well. I'll be on at that time with my Necro.

~HotShotX

There's a ladder reset monday, hence the sudden interest in starting anew. In short, everyone's making a new character, no choice about it. As for the tag, we could do without it, doesn't matter to me, I just want a general consensus on the matter so we don't have a few guys without the tag looking stupid :)

Also, I did some reading up on the "World Event" in which an uber Diablo walks the earth in hell difficulty, and drops an uber charm when beaten (+1 All Skills, +10-20 All Stats, +10-20 All Resists, +5-10% Experience). Oh, and he's like 6x stonger than Hell Diablo, something to look forward to.

~HotShotX

I have a ladder account that's going to non-ladder and would anyone like to trade something for my account? I have a main account with a level 92 Paladin, a level 76 dueling Barbarian, and 3 mule accounts with great items. :hot: :hot: :hot:

For any more info shoot me a PM. :cold: :cold: :cold:

Damn.... its been a long time since I've fired up. I think it is about time to feed the addiction. Count me in.

BTW, How effective are Bowazons nowadays?

I'll do a little class research later on this evening and decide on what I want to play as.

I have a ladder account that's going to non-ladder and would anyone like to trade something for my account? I have a main account with a level 92 Paladin, a level 76 dueling Barbarian, and 3 mule accounts with great items. :hot: :hot: :hot:

For any more info shoot me a PM.
Nice stuff, but it'll all be useless to ladder chars, and unable to be used for CAG nights (unless of course some CAGs make non-ladder chars, assuming you can.)

[quote name='Swift900']Damn.... its been a long time since I've fired up. I think it is about time to feed the addiction. Count me in.

BTW, How effective are Bowazons nowadays?

I'll do a little class research later on this evening and decide on what I want to play as.[/quote]
Yeah, check GameFAQs and Diabloii.net for current patch class advice. I'll be making the following:

Necromancer: Summoning, Corpse Explosion, Amplify Damage
Barbarian: Whirlwind, Axe Mastery, Shout

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that world event? That was the first world event, with Uber Diablo dropping an Anni. The second world event, which is possible in the ladder season that's ending, involved three keys and fighting three ubers at once, and when you defeated them you got a Hellfire Torch charm. I would assume that for this upcoming ladder season, the third since they introduced world events, would have a new event and new item.

[quote name='Koggit']Are you sure about that world event? That was the first world event, with Uber Diablo dropping an Anni. The second world event, which is possible in the ladder season that's ending, involved three keys and fighting three ubers at once, and when you defeated them you got a Hellfire Torch charm. I would assume that for this upcoming ladder season, the third since they introduced world events, would have a new event and new item.[/quote]

Ah, I didn't know there was a different event per ladder season. If such is the case, then we have something completely different, yet just as awesome to watch for once we hit the 85+ levels.

~HotShotX

I though level 85 is easy to achieve when expansion came out, unless blizzard changed xp formula now. If you get good clan members, they can help you push your character to act 5 hell less then one day then you start leeching xp in baal or cow runs. Most hardcore clans can get character lvl 99 in day and half to 2 days by rotating players playing the same account

You don't really get experience from Baal runs until level 25, and you can't even do Ancients until 20. The fastest way to level is Trist runs until 14, Tomb runs until 20, Cow until 25, then Baal until 40, NM Baal until 60, then hell Baal. I, personally, usually quest through Normal, then look for a NM rush, do NM Baal runs, then quest through Hell... just for fun.

High levels were easier to achieve earlier in the game, when you could just cow until 90 easy.

bread's done
Back