Looking for a good Laptop backpack

ogvor

CAG Veteran
I'm going to college in a couple of months and I just got my new MacBook Pro (awsome computer btw) I've taken care of all my accesories (portable mice, usb hubs, etc) except a Laptop bag. I'm going to a college with a wide open campus, where you are encouraged to ride a bike, so I'm looking for:

A Back pack (no messegner bags, unless you think it's a really fantastic bag)

Less than 60$

Room for my 15inch note book plus books, notebooks, etc.

A place for a water bottle (it gets reall hot where I come from)

Any help is appreciated!

I got this one: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1238146&Sku=T22-1221&SRCCODE=PRICEGRABBER&CMP=OTC-PRICEGRABBER

It's pretty damn awesome, and very strong. I carried my XBox 360, several textbooks and a 5-subject notebook, and all my writing utensils in it when I carried it across campus to my car, and it felt pretty darn sturdy. Not to mention, I always use it when I go to the grocery store a mile away, and it has plenty of room to carry a couple half-gallons of milk and a bunch of other small food items. I definitely recommend it, so long as you don't mind a big bag. I've been using it since last August, and it's still in great shape. If you want to see it in person, head to your nearest Best Buy, because that's where I bought mine.

I really like my OGIO.... I think I got mine on sale for 80 bucks at Fry's electronics.

Might want to check out your local frys (outpost.com)

I don't really need a huge back pack (again, It's a big campus and I don't want more weight than I need).

The Ogio's definetly look great, but seem to be more expensive than my budget. I'll investige some more, but thanks for the suggestions so far, and I welcome any more!

I have had many bags for laptops over the years in my search for the perfect bag (which I have finally found): Northface Recon

Easily can hold 2 Nalgene bottles, my lunch, books (used it when I was in school), misc items (phone, iPod, writing utensils, ...), and of course my Laptop (15 inch MacBook Pro now; previously Dell 8600 and Powerbook) and it's power brick thing.

More then $60, but can be had for close to that price I believe.

Well, the backpack I mentioned isn't really heavy, it's just pretty big and meant for the taller crowd (above 6'). But the straps are quite comfortable, so when it's empty and I'm riding to the grocery store, I forget it's even on. :D

I've heard Ogio bags are designed for motorcyclists so they sit higher up on your body and thus aren't as good for bikes where you're leaning forward.

I ordered a High Sierra Swerve a couple days ago from Amazon for $35.99 shipped after some weird promotion. It looks like they have different colors and prices now, but still cheap.

[quote name='duncecap']I've heard Ogio bags are designed for motorcyclists so they sit higher up on your body and thus aren't as good for bikes where you're leaning forward.

I ordered a High Sierra Swerve a couple days ago from Amazon for $35.99 shipped after some weird promotion. It looks like they have different colors and prices now, but still cheap.[/quote]

Wow, thanks. That pack looks nice and big and cheap.

The High Sierra Swerve looks great and is very well priced, so thats probably my choice (I'll have to hurry, only one more in stock!) Thanks for all the help!

bread's done
Back