Transformers DS CAG Clan

Is this game any good? I was thinking about getting this as filler for tru sale. I'm surprised there is no reviews for a named game such as this.

I will be getting both games soon (if not at the TRU sale, then at CC for $20 each), so I'm definitely interested in joining this! I don't know exactly how the clan system will work in these games, but I'll try to learn once i get the games.

[quote name='shipwreck']I just set up a clan named CAGbots.

I'm not sure exactly how to invite people to it yet, but I'm sure we'll all figure that out shortly.

I'm on the Decepticon side of the fence if that matters.[/quote]

Maybe im asking too many questions but...

There is wifi play for this right?
How exactly is the gameplay?

I'm waiting for some reviews, I don't want to pay retail for a game that could be absolutely horrible. I'll join if the game is at least decent.

[quote name='yukine']I'm waiting for some reviews, I don't want to pay retail for a game that could be absolutely horrible. I'll join if the game is at least decent.[/quote]

Well, with all the sales on it (B2G1F at TRU, $20 at CC), you wouldn't have to pay retail for it, but I see what you mean. I've been excited for this for so long though that it'd have to be damn near unplayable for me not to get it.

According to wikipedia, Deathmatch is limited to only wireless play and not wifi.
You do some mission mode thing in wifi.

heres what it says (its in the transformers : the game article btw)

Nintendo DS

The two versions, unlike Pokémon and Mega Man Battle Network games, will not be the same game with minor differences, instead, each will be a separate adventure.[1] The Autobots version is said to have some missions in the arctic, while the Decepticons version is said to contain desert missions. The game will be open-ended, allowing the player to roam the game's world at their discretion.[1]
The games will utilize Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection in "Battle for the AllSpark". Players will be able to activate special single player campaigns online and earn points upon their completion. The player's score is uploaded to a server and at the end of the challenge the side with the most points (Autobots or Decepticons) wins.[1] Despite the aforementioned Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection support, multiplayer deathmatches will be limited to local wireless play.

[quote name='stevez0r']The game is good.

How do you beat Barricade?

Count me in for the clan!!![/QUOTE]

I think you just go to the clan "CAGbots" and request to be added and then I can accept you.

[quote name='shipwreck']I think you just go to the clan "CAGbots" and request to be added and then I can accept you.[/quote]I got the Autobot's version.

Hmm this really does look interesting to me after seeing that link.
Perhaps if i get more games this week from the TRU sale, ill consider getting this.

[quote name='RyanTheGNR']Hmm this really does look interesting to me after seeing that link.
Perhaps if i get more games this week from the TRU sale, ill consider getting this.[/quote]
Yeah that's were I got mines from. I also got Phoenix Wright and the Purr Pet game for my daugther. One thing that bother me was that Transformers was 29.99, Phoenix Wright was 19.99 and the Purr Pet was 29.00. I'm thinkin cool I go the Purr Pet game free, but the cashier said I get Phoenix Wright free. But can someone correct me if I'm wrong shouldn't the Purr Pet be free?

[quote name='stevez0r']Yeah that's were I got mines from. I also got Phoenix Wright and the Purr Pet game for my daugther. One thing that bother me was that Transformers was 29.99, Phoenix Wright was 19.99 and the Purr Pet was 29.00. I'm thinkin cool I go the Purr Pet game free, but the cashier said I get Phoenix Wright free. But can someone correct me if I'm wrong shouldn't the Purr Pet be free?[/quote]

What stinks is that the free game has to be of lesser or equal value.
Also, since Shipwreck made the decepticons clan, shouldnt someone make the autobots one, since you cant join the side of the game you dont have?

[quote name='RyanTheGNR']What stinks is that the free game has to be of lesser or equal value.
Also, since Shipwreck made the decepticons clan, shouldnt someone make the autobots one, since you cant join the side of the game you dont have?[/QUOTE]

Yep, I probably won't get the Autobots version right away, so whenever someone makes an Autobot clan, I can add the info to the OP.

After somehow skipping over the CC ad showing these for $20, I will definitely pick up the pair if there's another $20/$16.96 game to get for free when PMing the TRU sale. Only review out right now is Game Almighty, which gave it an okay score.

[quote name='stevez0r']Yeah that's were I got mines from. I also got Phoenix Wright and the Purr Pet game for my daugther. One thing that bother me was that Transformers was 29.99, Phoenix Wright was 19.99 and the Purr Pet was 29.00. I'm thinkin cool I go the Purr Pet game free, but the cashier said I get Phoenix Wright free. But can someone correct me if I'm wrong shouldn't the Purr Pet be free?[/quote]
No, it's always the cheapest one that has the discount applied...so the store loses the least amount of money.

I have a question but it might be retarded. I was hoping someone can tell me why they would buy both of the games? Like are the games worth it cuz they're that different? I'm asking because I was thinking of matching the sale at CC since they are $20. Originally, I was going to just buy one of them at the TRU B2G1 free sale thing.

[quote name='tuffcookie']I have a question but it might be retarded. I was hoping someone can tell me why they would buy both of the games? Like are the games worth it cuz they're that different?[/quote]
From what I've read, the two games are entirely seperate, unique adventures. Think Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons.

Where are all the reviews for the DS version?

Reviews of the console versions are out, but not good. I was hyped to get both versions on DS, but I don't think it will be worth my $40. Will probably wait til they drop to $15 or less each, if I ever get them.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Ok Shiprwreck, requested to join your clan! Just got the game today.[/QUOTE]

Great, I just added you.

Since I have both games (only played Autobots so far, though), would it make me some kind of whore to play on both sides? :D

[quote name='js1']I'll start one for the autobots. It will be called CAGautobots. This game is damn fun![/quote]

Wow, you're the only one signed up so far? Time to change that! I have now chosen to join the CAGautobots clan!

I pressed the join now button, so I guess now I have to wait for you to accept me or something.

I'm thinking of getting both games since they both have different stories at CC i'm wondering how long does the save $20 when buying both games deal expire? also i'm still on the fence on buying this i'm not sure just yet is the gameplay fun so far how are the fights and how do you fight? Stylus buttons?

Thanks for the reply Rockgamer i'll be getting them this week.

I believe the CC deal ends this week. Between selling each version for $20 last week and saving $20 by buying both versions this week, they've already been on sale for two weeks, so I doubt they'll be on sale again anytime soon.

As for the gameplay, I'm really loving it so far. I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the gameplay kinda reminds me of War of the Monsters on the PS2, which is one of my favorite games on the system. You basically have the same functions that you have in that game (close range combat, long range combat, picking stuff/opponents up) in this one.

The fighting is easy to perform. Basically you use the X button to pick up things, the A button to punch/kick things, and the Y button to shoot things. You only use the touchsreen to change between vehicle and robot form, check the map, and to scan objects.

[quote name='Rockgamer']Wow, you're the only one signed up so far? Time to change that! I have now chosen to join the CAGautobots clan!

I pressed the join now button, so I guess now I have to wait for you to accept me or something.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha , I will be sure to add you.

Unfortunately, I've been too busy and have better games to play (not that this game is horrible, but it's not that great either) that I gave my copy to my younger nephew.

Just explaining why you might not see me contributing to the clan on the stat page. ;)

bread's done
Back