Berserk!

CrimGhost

CAGiversary!
I love this game. I picked it up yesterday night at an import/anime store(2 hour drive).

Berserkgame.jpg

:shock: Me too!
So how is it? Is it anything like the DC Berserk game? How playable is it without knowing Japanese? Tell me, tell me! :lol:
I may have to take a trip to the local importer tonight...

[quote name='markadius']:shock: Me too!
So how is it? Is it anything like the DC Berserk game? How playable is it without knowing Japanese? Tell me, tell me! :lol:
I may have to take a trip to the local importer tonight...[/quote]

Much deeper than the DC Berserk game. This one is for the fans, it takes place during Volumes 22-27. If you are a Berserk fan with a modded or Japanese PS2, then you MUST play this game NOW!!!

Consider it done!
I'm heading to the import place now and if they don't have it, I'm ordering online.
How much did you pay for the Branded Box if you don't mind my asking?

[quote name='markadius']Consider it done!
I'm heading to the import place now and if they don't have it, I'm ordering online.
How much did you pay for the Branded Box if you don't mind my asking?[/quote]

I got it for $120, the small Zodd figure was free. But they said that not all retailers are giving them away, they just got a few from their Japanese supplier.

[quote name='CrimGhost'][quote name='markadius']Consider it done!
How much did you pay for the Branded Box if you don't mind my asking?[/quote]

I got it for $120, the small Zodd figure was free. But they said that not all retailers are giving them away, they just got a few from their Japanese supplier.[/quote]

Holy shit. You'd think that the figure would've came with the package for that price.

Actually $120 is a nice price for the Branded Box...it'll run you around $130 or more most every place online. For those purely interested in just the game (not the Branded Box Set) the best/most reliable deal I found was at lik-sang for just under $60 shipped.

Lik-sang link

fuck that looks so bad ass. I loved the anime series haven't read the manga maybe you could tell me how the hell Gutz survives demon world? Last I saw of him he was demon chow.

r1s3n

[quote name='CrimGhost'][quote name='markadius']:shock: Me too!

Much deeper than the DC Berserk game. This one is for the fans, it takes place during Volumes 22-27. If you are a Berserk fan with a modded or Japanese PS2, then you MUST play this game NOW!!![/quote]

Is it between the episode with Grifith being captured and Gutts returning to the Band of the Hawk? I guess that would make it a kinda side story like the first Berserk game right?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut'][quote name='CrimGhost'][quote name='markadius']:shock: Me too!

Much deeper than the DC Berserk game. This one is for the fans, it takes place during Volumes 22-27. If you are a Berserk fan with a modded or Japanese PS2, then you MUST play this game NOW!!![/quote]

Is it between the episode with Grifith being captured and Gutts returning to the Band of the Hawk? I guess that would make it a kinda side story like the first Berserk game right?[/quote]

Actually I think he was talking about the magna. I think both games actually take place after the events of the anime (I know the DC one did), though seeing as how the anime didn't finish events laid out in the manga the games aren't really side stories.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell'][quote name='Rodimus Donut'][quote name='CrimGhost'][quote name='markadius']:shock: Me too!

Is it between the episode with Grifith being captured and Gutts returning to the Band of the Hawk? I guess that would make it a kinda side story like the first Berserk game right?[/quote]

Actually I think he was talking about the magna. I think both games actually take place after the events of the anime (I know the DC one did), though seeing as how the anime didn't finish events laid out in the manga the games aren't really side stories.[/quote]

I guess it is the Manga, I didn't see the key word "Volumes." Anyways the Manga came out like 20 years ago in Japan. And the first Berserk game was a side story cause those events never took place in the Manga either.

Damn that package looks nice. It should be noted though that the Berserk manga is being released in English, they're up to volume 4 so far, which is the start of the anime.

It'll be like five years before they catch up to the point that this game seems to be at in the manga. There are things that are right up to volume 27 in some of the trailers I've seen.

I guess it is the Manga, I didn't see the key word "Volumes." Anyways the Manga came out like 20 years ago in Japan. And the first Berserk game was a side story cause those events never took place in the Manga either.
Yes this game has events from volumes 22-27 of the manga and a side story by Kentaro Muira. The DC Berserk game was all an original side story by Muira, it was nice but I think fans wanted events from the manga in that game. If anyone is interested in reading the manga and doesn't want to wait so long for Dark Horse to bring em out, then I suggest getting Japanese volumes like I did. If you can read Japanese, then good but I used translations from skullknight.net

The best place to get the Japanese volumes is at a Japanese book store or http://www.animaxis.com/en/shop/find.asp?

Shipping can get expensive but the manga is always $5-7. I own volumes 1-20, but ive read up to 28 so I was well ready for this game. Oh and I beat the game today. Expect a review sometime...im lazy.

[quote name='coolsteel']http://thespectrum.net/manga_berserk.shtml Or you could just read them here, switched out once or twice a week , I forget. By conincidence volume 13 is up, which is where the anime calls it quits. So a good starting point.[/quote]

Bad translations.

[quote name='WildWop']Crim, how import-friendly is Berserk? Does it have subtitle options?[/quote]

Menu is in English and thats about it. If you read the manga then you should know whats going on in the game.

Thats a really nice box set. I'd buy it if I was reallly into the Berserk manga and anime. I have the Dreamcast game, but I had no idea WTF was going on. Good hack and slash tho. :)

bread's done
Back