game genie SNES help

Nitz

CAGiversary!
I posted about this on another forum too. but I need help guys.. im sure someone can help me out!!

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-retro/31025-game-genie-help.html

Alright guys, need some major help here.

I just bought a game genie from ebay. Now the seller tells me they tried it on several games and it worked fine. Now I just got it in the mail and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong?

Basically I put the game on the genie and then the genie into the SNES. Now one thing I don't get is about the green LED. do you switch and leave it on or not? I'm not sure what that switch even does?

Also, only 2-3 of my games work it seems. The rest basically load the game genie page and then you press enter and it just shows a black screen. No audio or video... I found 1-3 of my games work.. but I don't think any cheats work on it..

anyone know what I can do? it's not really worth it for me to ship and pay to send it back to get a refund..

I had the same issue with a game genie. Mine didn't work for any games, i cleaned it and a few games were working on and off but still can't get it to work good enough. The switch must be on if you want the codes to work. Try cleaning the game genie contacts that the cartridge connects too, and the game cartridge itself.

well what I find weird is like one game works fine.. like MK3. Though the cheats don't work..

I'm pretty confused right now. Since the seller said it worked fine.. and yet it isn't working for me at all... only 3-4 of my games work.. but I Don't think the cheats work for the games that do work..

the rest just show a black blank screen after I press start from the game genie cheat menu.

There is a chance that the seller is lying. Tell him what's going on, and hopefully he'll either be able to offer help or to admit that he lied. If the latter is the case, then it'd be time for negative feedback and all of that jazz.

I wish I could offer help, but the only Game Genie I own is for the NES. Sorry. :whistle2:?

hmm well the owner says they tried it on 30 of the games they recently sold on ebay and it worked fine for all..

I'm entering the right cheats. What makes things more confusing is why some games show a black screen ? I don't even enter a cheat.. and still it's like some games don't want to load..

Here's the likely answer: It's your SNES. Back in the day, I traded with my friend for his Game Genie, and it wouldn't work on my system. Worked fine on his, though, so we switched systems. Not sure about specific model numbers, but I'd be willing to bet that's the issue.

That could be it. Nintendo and Game Genie never got along. Later production runs of the NES definitely locked out some carts, and a GG absolutely wont work on an official Toploader. They could easily have done the same thing with the SNES.

[quote name='hxhawkeye']Here's the likely answer: It's your SNES. Back in the day, I traded with my friend for his Game Genie, and it wouldn't work on my system. Worked fine on his, though, so we switched systems. Not sure about specific model numbers, but I'd be willing to bet that's the issue.[/quote]

hmmm well my cousins SNES is really old.. i might ask him to dig it out and try it out on his system when I see him..

I know checking wikipedia on game genie.. it said a lot about GG and Nintendo not liking the idea of a GG on it's product and that a new chip was made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Genie

bread's done
Back