PS3 - Buy July 1st and get 5 free Blu-Ray titles by mail

GizmoGC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (98%)
(This works for all new Blu-Ray players as well, but I figured I would post here)

www.bluraysavings.com (URL doesn't seem to work yet).

Eligible Blu-ray Players
Sony BDP-S1
Sony BDP-S300
Sony PS3
Panasonic DMP-BD10K
Panasonic DMP-BD10KA
Philips BDP9000/37
Pioneer BDP-94HD
Samsung BD-P1000
Samsung BD-P1200

Movie Choices (you can only pick ONE movie per category)
Category 1
- The Guardian
- Pearl Harbor
- Invincible
- Chicken Little

Category 2
- Corpse bride
- Phantom of the opera
- Blazing Saddles

Category 3
- Stealth
- Resident Evil 2
- Underworld Evolution
- Stir of Echoes

Category 4
- The Italian Job
- Black Rain
- Babel
- Devil's Rejects

Category 5
- Kiss of the Dragon
- Omen 666
- The Transporter 2
- Species
- Hart's War
- The Last Waltz

You have to include the ORIGINAL UPC on the Blu-ray player package along with a receipt (can be photocopied) from the Blu-ray player purchase dated between 7/1/07 and 9/30/07 with the purchase price circled. Limit one redemption per household, group submissions are void. Only good for the US and it's territories.

[quote name='VipFREAK']No 300 or other movies worth seeing in HD? lame...

They're getting desperate arn't they.[/QUOTE]

HD DVD had the same issue, no great movies, but for free...eh.

Yeah, they are desperate with this crap. Trying to make good on their boasting about making a profit from now on. I like how they make these behind the scenes deals with the movie houses, so that they take the minuscule financial hit, which in the long run will come back on them ten-fold when $ony's format wins the implied war. $ony looks generous, the lousy movies that don't make much money are being liquidated (tax exemptions and breaks), and Blu-Ray sales figures magically go up.

Just make about 10 FAQING GAMES that are worth a damn, and stop relying on Final Fantasy and Metal Gear, and maybe I'd buy the system. I'm not a fool like the majority, and gimmicks won't hook me,.... games will.
Oh,... and get a clue, your controller is inferior, and your system looks like Spiderman's laptop from 1989.
People don't want rumble,... they want to tilt their controllers LMAO yah, that's what I want.

Wii60 4 EvAR!@!@!@

Blu-Ray doesn't suck,.... it's just after being a $ony fanboy myself for the longest time, I realized how evil they are. I used to be an early adopter,.... first $ony DVD player, first $ony MiniDisc player *which I still have, all metal and shat, $ony HDTV's x2, $ony Playstation 1 x3 including original, $ony PS2 x2, $ony stereo rig, $ony HDD addon for PS2, $ony VAIO PC, $ony VAIO laptop, $ony Cybershot F828,.... heck I even had the MiniDisc Handycam for crying out loud.

What I noticed.... Betamax, MemoryStick, MiniDisc, UMD, and now BluRay.

Sorry, I already plopped down for the HDDVD player.... but when the P$3 is selling for $400 or less for the premium bundle, AND they have amassed a great library of games, AND their online structure is sound, AND when they pay for rights to put rumble in the controllers, AND when they pretty up that horrid case, AND when they stop making ignorant comments about M$ and Nintendo,..... THEN, I'll consider laying down my hard earned cash for the device. :)

Tis' all

[quote name='BREVITY']I got my PS3 a few months ago so I guess this rules me out. Suck![/QUOTE]

Why couldn't you buy one during the qualifying time, copy the receipt return it, cut out your original upc and send it in with the receipt copy? Seems like too much to do for some crappy movies, unless you see some you want.

that list has some solid titles to choose from. I actually can return my ps3 and get another one and try it. When i got my first dvd player in like 1999 i got a amazing deal. 1 year free rentals and 7 free movies.

From July 1st until Sept.30th, receive 5 FREE blu-ray movies with the purchase of any blu-ray player, including the PS3 system. This could be similar to the HD-DVD promotion, so it would probably be select movies via a rebate thru the mail. Stay tuned and click the link below for more details.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=280

Man, wtf? It seems all the great deals come out only months after I buy the machine. You think Sony would respect those who have already owned a PS3 and give them something. Hell, they're throwing around free BluRays, controllers, and TVs like it was someone's (rich) birthday. :(

That is basically, to me, 150 dollars off of a PS3... hmm

So tempting

To think about it, for 500 dollars, the PS3 is a decent deal. Plus you get a movie, right?

So it is like 180 off...

So for 500 dollars, you get 6 blu-ray movies, a game system, and a blu-ray player...

Not to shabby

Maybe I'll buy one with my birthdays money!

[quote name='linkpwns']That is basically, to me, 150 dollars off of a PS3... hmm

So tempting

To think about it, for 500 dollars, the PS3 is a decent deal. Plus you get a movie, right?

So it is like 180 off...

So for 500 dollars, you get 6 blu-ray movies, a game system, and a blu-ray player...

Not to shabby

Maybe I'll buy one with my birthdays money![/QUOTE]
The $500 PS3 has been discontinued and the free Blu-Ray movie, Talladega Nights, was a limited offer which is now over.

Man, I was getting psyched for this promotion until I saw the list of movies. Guess I'll be waiting another 6 months until Sony gets around to putting out a PS3 with rumble controller.

I wish I waited as well. Free HD movies= *thumbs up*

Then again, I couldn't pass on the deal I got for my PS3 on Craigs List.

I actually like the movies they are offering there. I'm not sure what everyone is expecting with "free" movies. If I remember right when my stepdad mailed in a "Free DVD rebate" when the format first hit, the movies were terrible.

They sent him The Mask, Analyze This, Forget Paris, Fools Rush In and something else. The Blu-Ray movies Sony is offering are hands down better than those.

Free is free, and this deal coupled with the FYE brown bag trade deal is what finally got me to bite the bullet. I pick up my PS3 as soon as the Blu-Ray promotion starts!

[quote name='linkpwns']That is basically, to me, 150 dollars off of a PS3... hmm

So tempting

So it is like 180 off...

Not to shabby

Maybe I'll buy one with my birthdays money![/QUOTE]

Yes, $150 if you actually planned on buying 5 of these movies at full retail price.

bread's done
Back