Mario Power Tennis, Mario Party 7, most USED GameCube Mario games at FYE $20 each.

Unickuta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
The title says it all...I think it may be YMMV, though.

Today, at my local FYE(in Willowbrook Mall, in North Jersey), I found Mario Party 7, Mario Power Tennis, and loads of other Mario GameCube games priced at $20. Unfortunately, I only had $25 in my pocket, so I just picked up Mario Power Tennis. Chances are if someone finds DDR Mario Mix, it'll be $20 too.

EDIT: DDR Mario Mix has been found at a Coconuts and is $30 used. (thanks, happyorangeman)

They also had the Donkey Konga w/bongos games on "sale" new for $10 a pop, and the Silent Hill PS2 games were $10 each.

And- remember- there is a buy 3 get one free deal on all used items, so this isn't that bad.

List So Far(YMMV, especially on the DK Bongo games. Lowest prices recorded...PM me with additions):

Mario Power Tennis USED: $20
Mario Party 7 USED: $20
Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix USED: $30(courtesy of Happyorangeman)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/Bongos NEW: $10
Donkey Konga 2 W/Bongos NEW: $15
Donkey Konga 2 w/o Bongos NEW: $10
Super Smash Bros. Melee USED: $15(courtesy of Foo228)

Great, great deal on Power Tennis. But aren't some FYE stores gonig out of business and clearancing out last-gen games? Maybe that's what you're seeing.

[quote name='Unickuta']
They also had the Donkey Konga w/bongos games on "sale" new for $10 a pop, [/quote]

If that's Donkey Konga and not Donkey Konga 2, I would gladly pay you to buy and ship a copy to me. You can even keep the bongos, I just want the game.

Thanks I'll have to swing by mine, I'd buy Mario Power Tennis for $20. I held out because I was hoping it would follow Mario Golf and drop to $20 but it never did.

You have got to be kidding me... this is insane. I've been near a Fye for 2 years and they didn't have a single good deal and in this summer alone they had 4 deals, this being he 5th. WTF!?!!?:bomb:

[quote name='Rocko']Great, great deal on Power Tennis. But aren't some FYE stores gonig out of business and clearancing out last-gen games? Maybe that's what you're seeing.[/quote]

No clearance there. It was in a mall, where there's a lot of traffic. The game section's pretty popular in both of the FYEs at my mall.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Thanks I'll have to swing by mine, I'd buy Mario Power Tennis for $20. I held out because I was hoping it would follow Mario Golf and drop to $20 but it never did.[/quote]

I don't think this is YMMV- but remember, this game isn't like the Baten Kaitos Origins deal in which very few parents bought the game for their children, so if someone enters to grab a GameCube game for a gift, they're much more attracted to "Mario Power Tennis." And I doubt there are many copies laying around- admittedly, alot more copies than, say, Marvel vs. Capcom 2- but if you find it USED, chances are it will be $20. That's the good- and bad- thing about FYE...everything is priced about the same.

Still- I'm not saying that my FYE was a treasure chest, as most of the stuff- icluding Madden 2002- is still $20+. Just look out for GameCube games and a few PS2 games, like Silent Hill 3 and 4.

Oh, and for some reason, the sporadic great deals offered for GameCube and PS2 games just aren't there for Xbox games, which are actually in the same price range- still- as most 360 games.

And by the way, to anybody who is going to Willowbrook to pick up what's left, go to the store on the bottom floor(near KBToys), not the one on the top floor that's near GameStop. The bottom store is 10x bigger and 10x better.

yeah, get the DK stuff scanned, it should be $10 if it's on sale. Mario Power Tennis and other used stuff are YMMV. I know a couple of years ago, fye had some weird system where the price was literally whatever was on the tag. It was weird too because I'd find something like used Skies of Arcadia legends for $44.99 and they scanned up as such and then I'd find a copy (in the same store) with a $24.99 tag that scanned at that price.

I was at Coconuts in Totowa, NJ last night and picked up DDR Mario Mix USED for $29.99 with 10% off with my backstage card. They had a sign that said $10.00 off most GC Titles but said it only workd on new stuff. I was happy to find DDR Mario Mix though.

PS: I opened the plastic it was shrink wrapped in and it has never been opened! I got a brand new Game and Dance Pad never used! Someone must have just traded it inwithout ever opeing it.

Also Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3) gets around $42.00 in credit.

I've already got Donkey Konga (well #2) and I personally think its trash (just my opinion)

Now that thats outta the way, some deals I found at mine were Super Smash for $15 and Kirby Canvas Curse for $15 (both used)..I'm unsure whether or not to get Smash as I've had it, beaten it, but I'm dying to play it again (but that new one is coming out sooner than later..)

Onto your deals aforementioned: Mario Tennis seems like a great pick-up but I'd still be unsure about picking it up at that price (damn cag's got me!) as for DDMM I might get that (even game only), what can I say I'm a sucker for nintendo music

[quote name='Foo228']whoa that whole rant of mine and i didn't say thanks or anything

well yea, thanks[/quote]

Thanks...added Super Smash to the list.

And yeah, I agree that Donkey Konga 2 sucks- cause it does. Anyone want it?

[quote name='Unickuta']Thanks...added Super Smash to the list.

And yeah, I agree that Donkey Konga 2 sucks- cause it does. Anyone want it?[/quote]

You might as well get the platform game for the Bongos...at least that is decent

i like bongoing to rock lobster to relive stress, but thats on konga 1. never tried 2 if u cut me a cheap ass deal ill take it off your hands lol

Ok, so I'm assuming that these are simply stock that these individual stores had, right? I mean, if I were to go to an FYE brand store that I was just in 2 days ago, the assumption would be that it'd still be the same 10 crappy GC titles they've had for months, yes?

... or to put it a better way, were these copies of Mario DDR and Mario Power Tennis things that had been sitting there and just got marked down, or do you think they got shipped in recently for this purpose?

I walked into my FYE a couple months ago and noticed that every single video game was gone...I have no idea where they went.

[quote name='Melatonin']I walked into my FYE a couple months ago and noticed that every single video game was gone...I have no idea where they went.[/quote]

At the mall closest to me they have 2 FYE stores. 1 is strictly movies, and 1 has games and movies (I think this one might be called Matinee or something like that, but it is the same company).

I think Donkey Konga 1 is good too, I got it back before Christmas w/ the gamestop deal. I think it was $30 total for 2 new bongos, 1 copy of the Jungle Beat game, and a used copy of Donkey Konga 1. I thought that was a good deal.

Just that you need to buy the controller cord extenders for the bongos, they have very short cords...so keep that in mind (unless you want to sit uber close to your tv or pull out your GC/Wii into the middle of the floor).

The DDR Mario Mix I bought must have been just traded in. It was marked used and shrinkwrapped but the game was sealed and brand new. I doubt they are sending in new games, I think it is more of a getting rid of GC titles sale.

[quote name='carthitup']Ok, so I'm assuming that these are simply stock that these individual stores had, right? I mean, if I were to go to an FYE brand store that I was just in 2 days ago, the assumption would be that it'd still be the same 10 crappy GC titles they've had for months, yes?

... or to put it a better way, were these copies of Mario DDR and Mario Power Tennis things that had been sitting there and just got marked down, or do you think they got shipped in recently for this purpose?[/QUOTE]
Considering how rare the two titles are in the first place and how pitiful FYE's used selection tends to be (most FYE stores here have maybe three used games total), it's almost certainly the former.

Somebody mentioned a Baiten Kaitos Origins deal. Any idea what that might be and how much it'd be? One of the stores near me had the game, so if it's cheaper than it was marked, I'll have to go back. :)

I don't know about you guys, but my FYE's gaming section looks like it hasn't changed in the past three years. They still had new copies of Eternal Darkness and BMX XXX, and a full priced copy of Black and Bruised, something I can never imagine selling for the $40 they had it marked at.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']
Somebody mentioned a Baiten Kaitos Origins deal. Any idea what that might be and how much it'd be? One of the stores near me had the game, so if it's cheaper than it was marked, I'll have to go back. :)

I don't know about you guys, but my FYE's gaming section looks like it hasn't changed in the past three years. They still had new copies of Eternal Darkness and BMX XXX, and a full priced copy of Black and Bruised, something I can never imagine selling for the $40 they had it marked at.[/quote]

baiten kaitos origins was $9.99. not sure now, because the last time i was there the stickers that said $9.99 was taken out. i might go back sometime this week if i find any. but then im not really worried as much, kinda waiting for TRU to clear these out, the one by me had 8 or 9 copies still at $39.99

i would love to buy that eternal darkness new, mines had non of those. even the baldur's gate dark alliance for the GC had disappeared.

[quote name='happyorangeman']The DDR Mario Mix I bought must have been just traded in. It was marked used and shrinkwrapped but the game was sealed and brand new. I doubt they are sending in new games, I think it is more of a getting rid of GC titles sale.[/quote]

Same here with Mario Tennis and Mario Party 7...

bread's done
Back