Anyone have a Wii and FIOS? I can't get online...

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I switched over to Verizon FIOS service a few months ago and I just turned on my Wii over the weekend for the first time in a long time (RE4) and I could not connect to the internet. I keep getting an error message saying connection is not found. I used to have a linksys54G and never had any problems with it.

It's not a big deal since there's really no point in being connected to the internet for the Wii as far as I can tell right now but still, if anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

This is the router (Actiontec):

v13n124-actiontec.jpg

[quote name='javeryh']It's not a big deal since there's really no point in being connected to the internet for the Wii as far as I can tell right now[/quote]

Nah, because the news channel, weather channel, virtual console channel and the ability to play against other people/send mii's/exchange messages isn't reason at all.

Did you try erasing the connection and having the Wii find it again?

[quote name='Scorch']Nah, because the news channel, weather channel, virtual console channel and the ability to play against other people/send mii's/exchange messages isn't reason at all.

Did you try erasing the connection and having the Wii find it again?[/quote]

OK, I probably should have said no point for me because I don't care about any of that stuff other than the ability to play against other people but I don't have anything right now that allows for that.

I did try erasing the connection but no luck. I do have to input the right password though on WEP security ("admin") or I will get a message saying the password is incorrect so it must detect something (I think)...

See if you can DMZ the Wii. There may be a built-in firewall on the router that doesn't play well with your Wii.

And situations like this make me glad I run my Wii and other consoles over Ethernet into a wireless bridge. One less thing to go wrong and a huge sign when something's not working.

I don't even know how to get into the router's settings... foir the linksys I just typed the address in - 192.168.1.1 or something...

Hey, i just got my wii yesterday and i had little problem connecting to my FIOS network. I have the same router pictured and i didnt need to go into the settings or anything. I just copied the WEP key and at first it said the wiiconnect thing was down or somthing and i should try again later. I wondered if the WEP key was case sensitive so i retyped it in and tried again in about 10 minutes and it worked. Dont know if this helped, but gl getting yours to work

If that is the same Actiontec 704 that I have for my DSL service... I could not get my Wii or DS to use it.

I went out and bought the Nintendo USB WiFi adapter for my PC and haven't had any problems with that.

[quote name='javeryh']I don't even know how to get into the router's settings... foir the linksys I just typed the address in - 192.168.1.1 or something...[/quote]Check your PC. Do an IPCONFIG on it from a command prompt and then you'll see what your default gateway is. That's the router.

Thanks - it brings me up to a username and password page but what's weird is that every letter I type in the password ares registers as 3 or 4 characters making it impossible to type anything accurately. Even ctrl+v from somewhere else registers as multiple keystrokes. What the hell?

[quote name='javeryh']Thanks - it brings me up to a username and password page but what's weird is that every letter I type in the password ares registers as 3 or 4 characters making it impossible to type anything accurately. Even ctrl+v from somewhere else registers as multiple keystrokes. What the hell?[/QUOTE]
Lotus Notes, an email program, shows multiple characters being typed when they're really not being typed. Odd security thing. Maybe the same for you? Someone more educated may be able to give you a better answer.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Lotus Notes, an email program, shows multiple characters being typed when they're really not being typed. Odd security thing. Maybe the same for you? Someone more educated may be able to give you a better answer.[/quote]

I called Verizon and they were clueless. It is the only field on all of the internet as far as I can tell that does this. Everything else I type in any program or on any site types up like it should.

Here is the information about this router (it's for the DS, but the same IP and probably username and password):
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/routers/Actiontec/M1424WRverizonFIOS/index.jsp

If you are using WEP, the key should be found on the back of the router itself.
I would also try changing the channel to one or 11 and the transmission rate to two. To find the transmission rate, check the Wireless Settings, Advanced Security Settings, then Other Advanced Wireless Options.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Here is the information about this router (it's for the DS, but the same IP and probably username and password):
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/routers/Actiontec/M1424WRverizonFIOS/index.jsp

If you are using WEP, the key should be found on the back of the router itself.
I would also try changing the channel to one or 11 and the transmission rate to two. To find the transmission rate, check the Wireless Settings, Advanced Security Settings, then Other Advanced Wireless Options.[/quote]

Thanks - I get to the login screen where I'm supposed to enter "admin" for the username and "password" for the password but I cannot type in the password area - every keystroke is registered as multiple characters and cutting and pasting "password" doesn't work either (the ctrl+v registers as multiple button presses too).

HELP!!!

Are the characters encrypted? I've just never heard of that before.
Well, there's always resetting your router back to factory defaults. If you do, you might have to set it up again. Refer to your manual or call Verizon if you need help with that.

[quote name='javeryh']Thanks - I get to the login screen where I'm supposed to enter "admin" for the username and "password" for the password but I cannot type in the password area - every keystroke is registered as multiple characters and cutting and pasting "password" doesn't work either (the ctrl+v registers as multiple button presses too).

HELP!!![/QUOTE]

I had the exact same problem. They are only registering once, it's just some stupid security thing where it shows one keypress as multiple. However, your problem may be the new firmware, where they changed the password from "password" to "password2" (or password1/2password , damned if I remember) for some banal, idiotic reason. For some reason, Verizon hasn't seen it fit to fix anything online about this amazing change. Once you get in there, change the channel from random to channel 11, and you'll be golden. As a previous user stated, the WEP password should be on a sticker on the back of the router.

[quote name='Scorch']Nah, because the news channel, weather channel, virtual console channel and the ability to play against other people/send mii's/exchange messages isn't reason at all.

Did you try erasing the connection and having the Wii find it again?[/quote]

Garbage, Garbage, Garbage, and nothing good yet. I see your point.

[quote name='help1']Garbage, Garbage, Garbage, and nothing good yet. I see your point.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but can you pick a better topic than a TECH SUPPORT topic to troll in?

God damnit!

bread's done
Back