So, I'll be living in Japan soon. Any CAGs near me perhaps?

my friend is living up in fukushima, and he doesn't like it that much. i love it there though. i think the countryside of japan is far nicer than the city. it's beautiful up north (well, the nature areas are, not usually the residential or commercial areas). we can drive to a mountain to go snowboarding inside of 30 minutes.

sendai will be your hub for bullet train travel and the like i imagine. i'm no longer in japan, so sorry there, but you will have a decent network of folks to chill with by way of the jet programme.

I did the Jet Program for 2 years and was in Fukushima. I loved it! I really enjoyed the countryside and the smaller towns.

My wife and I are moving back to Japan at the end of the summer. We'll probably be living in the west Fukushima (Aizu) area, Niigata, Toyama, Ishikawa, Yamagata areas. It'll largely depend on where I decide to work. Her family is from Aizu though. Close enough to family, yet far enough for my sanity is what I'm hoping for.

Sendai is a nice city. Been there a few times. All of Tohoku is beautiful as well. There can sometimes be a lot of negative comments and feelings towards Fukushima/Tohoku, but I don't see it. I think it works for some and not for others. Tokyo doesn't work for me as far as living goes. K I'm rambling now. Time to go.

On another note, I've noticed its super difficult to learn japanese in Tokyo because there are way too many opportunities to speak English. Anyone have a good suggestion for a city just outside Tokyo where their English comprehension is near 0% but at the same time there is some form of public transportation that can get to Tokyo easily?

I found the answer to my own question, anyone interested feel free to message me.

If you tell people in Tokyo to speak Japanese they will...trust me. If I ever go out with a girl, I make a deal with her to make it 100% Nihongo or she has to pay for dinner and whatnot.

Ends up working in the long run...learned a lot of Japanese. Cost me less than private lessons. Hah.

[quote name='mox2']Thanks for the tip, Hope your having fun in Tokyo because I'm currently in Nagoya.[/quote]

You enjoy it there? I'm not much of a country side kid. People call me a "City Boy" all the time here. Hah.

I'm in the Tokyo area with the US Air Force. If you want to trade Xbox 360 games, US and Asian, send me a message on Live. Tag is Empty D. There's also a used game/DVD store on base here. All US, but still a nice option.

I live in Sendai. I lived in Tokyo for 2 years, but I hated it. I am a car guy, and owning a car in Tokyo is a pain. I own two cars up here in Sendai. Also Tokyo game shops are severely overpriced.

Miyagi, Iwate, and Yamagata have the best gaming shops if you know where to look. I have found the most rarest items reasonbly priced in the middle-of-nowhere shops in Iwate prefecture, mostly.

bread's done
Back