Sheep go to heaven, gŌTTs go to hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
M?orning/afternoon OTT

Went to the mall yesterday man so many hot women I Dallow'd while eating my Gyros. The Dayton mall finally has a Gyro place. The popcorn place is gone, and now its delicious gyros's

Yes I'm posting it again, the door got shut in my face again.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']May not be, but it'd be easier to pass it off buying it with loose change (which I can actually afford...I've got a lot of quarters) than with my debit card right now. That, and I was going to check FYE and see if Baten Kaitos Origins still scans at $10 because I think the one nearest me still has a copy in.

After all, I need something to do after I finish my Pogeymanz, though my backlog should be more than enough to cover that. :)[/quote]
If I find some in-store, then all the better, I'll see about spreading the CAG love. $21 shipped w/tax for two of them, that's a deal good enough for me.

[quote name='dallow']Bet you wish now the Wii would let you back them up to an SD card.

Thanks shrike, I needed one. (ordered two)[/quote]If the GC compatibility in the Wii was more like the PS2 compatibility in the PS3, then that would be a nice thing. As it's basically GC-mode on/off, then making that would would be more work than Nintendo would want to deal with.

[quote name='Strell']Not really. I made a very clear argument - it's not required and represents another potential CSR headache, and as such I don't care.

I imagine there's a third party solution out there, as well as a way to do it once some kind of official storage ability arrives, so it doesn't bother me that much.

If I were that worried about the data, I'd keep backups. Which I already do, so it makes little difference.[/quote]Another reason why I'm grabbing the two additional ones. Spares/backups.

[quote name='Graystone']Morning/afternoon OTT

Went to the mall yesterday man so many hot women I Dallow'd while eating my Gyros. The Dayton mall finally has a Gyro place. The popcorn place is gone, and now its delicious gyros's :drool:[/quote]Swapping out a popcorn place for a gyro place. Nice upgrade.

Graystone's got the worst timing. :lol:

[quote name='DT778']Lucky... I was about to pull another one of these[/QUOTE]
My internet skills are far superior to yours! Admit defeat!

[quote name='Kayden']Lame[/QUOTE]
That's not what your mom said last night.

[quote name='Strell']Not really. I made a very clear argument - it's not required and represents another potential CSR headache, and as such I don't care.[/quote]

It's something you'd like to be able to do, but you're glad they didn't include it on the Wii because it would be a potential CSR problem for Nintendo? That doesn't really flow for me.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']To cover the Jazz Festival or to not cover the Jazz Festival.[/quote]

Those are always fun to go to. Really chill atmosphere and good people. Just make sure you dress up (black dress slacks, cobanna or non-flashy dark hawaiian shirt or black dress shirt with suspenders, a pair of good dark color dress shoes and a fly hat) but don't go overboard otherwise you will look like a tard. Jazz is something that you really have to dress up to see live

[quote name='shrike']If the GC compatibility in the Wii was more like the PS2 compatibility in the PS3, then that would be a nice thing. As it's basically GC-mode on/off, then making that would would be more work than Nintendo would want to deal with. [/quote]No no no. What I meant was for backups of your GC mem cards be saved to an SD card (then to a PC if you wish) straight from the Wii menu. (the memory screen)

Not to actually play or save to SD cards while playing GC games.

That makes sense, and I don't see how it's a CSR nightmare at all.
In fact, it could be added with FW.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Those are always fun to go to. Really chill atmosphere and good people. Just make sure you dress up (black dress slacks, cobanna or non-flashy dark hawaiian shirt or black dress shirt with suspenders, a pair of good dark color dress shoes and a fly hat) but don't go overboard otherwise you will look like a tard. Jazz is something that you really have to dress up to see live[/QUOTE]

Points taken. I just have to ask the editor if she wants us to do anything for it.

Question for anyone: What does the headline "Bush proud to be among 'best and brightest'" mean to you?

I wrote that headline meaning that he was proud to be among/visit the best and brightest but our advertising guy said people might take it another way.

^^ I would take it to mean Bush either considers himself the best and the brightest or some source has recognized him as such and he is proud about it. I would then :rofl:

[quote name='dallow']No no no. What I meant was for backups of your GC mem cards be saved to an SD card (then to a PC if you wish) straight from the Wii menu. (the memory screen)

Not to actually play or save to SD cards while playing GC games.

That makes sense, and I don't see how it's a CSR nightmare at all.
In fact, it could be added with FW.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought you meant.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Points taken. I just have to ask the editor if she wants us to do anything for it.

Question for anyone: What does the headline "Bush proud to be among 'best and brightest'" mean to you?

I wrote that headline meaning that he was proud to be among/visit the best and brightest but our advertising guy said people might take it another way.[/QUOTE]
Around here, the local ABC station uses the phrase "brightest and best" for the year's high school graduates.

Since we're talking about Bush, that seems about right to me. :lol:

[quote name='wubb']^^ I would take it to mean Bush either considers himself the best and the brightest or some source has recognized him as such and he is proud about it. I would then :rofl:[/QUOTE]

fuckin' A, that's what the ad. guy said. Damnit, I knew I shouldn't have quoted him.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Around here, the local ABC station uses the phrase "brightest and best" for the year's high school graduates.

Since we're talking about Bush, that seems about right to me. :lol:[/QUOTE]

So it doesn't seem like he's talking about the Naval War College students/graduates?

Ah well, if the people read the story, they'll understand.

Were there enough iPhones to go around or is this something impossible to find in a store now? (Not that I want one, just curious.)

[quote name='senorwoohoo']fuckin' A, that's what the ad. guy said. Damnit, I knew I shouldn't have quoted him.

So it doesn't seem like he's talking about the Naval War College students/graduates?

Ah well, if the people read the story, they'll understand.[/QUOTE]
Given that headline and his approval rating, I think that most people would react with incredulity, disgust, or laughter. That said, I think that most of them would read the story to figure out what the headline means.

Graduates don't come to mind immediately for me from that headline; the tagline for high schoolers here is just an unfortunate coincidence. :D

Well, the woman who won my two Lumines auctions said this:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I didn't realize that after the first transaction my address was no longer a confirmed address.
I just enrolled in PayPal's expanded use program but the verification process takes 3-4 business days.
I apologize for the delay and any inconvenience.
[/FONT]
I guess that seems promising.

Also, this title isn't bad.

Also, Dan Deacon is fucking great. I can't stop listening.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Given that headline and his approval rating, I think that most people would react with incredulity, disgust, or laughter. That said, I think that most of them would read the story to figure out what the headline means. :)[/QUOTE]

Alright, glad to see you agree.

[quote name='wubb']Were there enough iPhones to go around or is this something impossible to find in a store now? (Not that I want one, just curious.)[/quote]They're available in store around here.
Apple made plenty.

[quote name='dallow']They're available in store around here.
Apple made plenty.[/quote]And idiots trying to sell them on eBay. :roll:

So I just got a 22" WFP monitor at work which is awesome. Unfortunately my system is still running on Windows 2000 and the graphics card has no support for the monitor at the moment meaning everything is extremely "mushed" and stretched horizontally.

Also, does anyone know where to find large / high res wallpapers other than deviant art or caedes.net?

I just turned to a few female co-workers and said "What smells so good?"

She said, "It's me! Now I'm definitely buying this perfume now that someone actually noticed it!"

She was really happy.

But actually I was asking about the sweet smell of food (french fries) going around. I didn't say that though. I'm really hungry.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']haha, you made her buy crappy perfume![/quote]Haha, yeah, I moved a little closer to her to see if I could smell anything but I couldn't.

[quote name='dallow']I just turned to a few female co-workers and said "What smells so good?"

She said, "It's me! Now I'm definitely buying this perfume now that someone actually noticed it!"

She was really happy.

But actually I was asking about the sweet smell of food (french fries) going around. I didn't say that though. I'm really hungry.[/quote]

Wow, good thing you didnt say, "It smells like a bag of rotten assholes in here"

[quote name='dallow']I just turned to a few female co-workers and said "What smells so good?"

She was really happy.

But actually I was asking about the sweet smell of food (french fries) going around. I didn't say that though. I'm really hungry.[/QUOTE]

That is really funny to me.

I wonder if the other ladies with her were :roll: (on the inside.)

[quote name='Maklershed']Wow, what a bunch of scumbags Led Zeppelin is/are/were. They're entire first album was plagiarized from various artists.[/QUOTE]

GTFO!

Aw man, now I kinda feel bad.
I can hear her talking to her friends about how at first she couldn't smell it, but now she kinda can.

[quote name='dallow']Aw man, now I kinda feel bad.
I can hear her talking to her friends about how at first she couldn't smell it, but now she kinda can.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

This is some of your finest dallowing in weeks.

[quote name='wubb']GTFO![/quote]
It's true. I'm hearing the evidence right now on the Stern show. They play the clip of the original song and then they play the Zeppelin version of the song.

Here's the breakdown of all thats going on :

Joan Baez version of Ann Breeden's “Babe I'm Gonna Leave You,” = “Baby I'm Gonna Leave You.”

Jake Holmes “Dazed and Confused” = title of same name

Bert Jansch's “Black Water Side” = “Black Mountain Side,”

Eddie Cochran's “Nervous Breakdown” = “Communication Breakdown,”

Opening riff of a song by Spirit (didnt catch the name) = riff to “Stairway to Heaven.”

[quote name='Number83']I just completed all my programming for the July release.[/quote]
July release of what?

[quote name='Maklershed']It's true. I'm hearing the evidence right now on the Stern show. They play the clip of the original song and then they play the Zeppelin version of the song.

Here's the breakdown of all thats going on :

Joan Baez version of Ann Breeden's “Babe I'm Gonna Leave You,” = “Baby I'm Gonna Leave You.”

Jake Holmes “Dazed and Confused” = title of same name

Bert Jansch's “Black Water Side” = “Black Mountain Side,”

Eddie Cochran's “Nervous Breakdown” = “Communication Breakdown,”

Opening riff of a song by Spirit (didnt catch the name) = riff to “Stairway to Heaven.”[/QUOTE]

Very interesting.

[quote name='Maklershed']Wow, good thing you didnt say, "It smells like a bag of rotten assholes in here"[/quote]

How does one get rotten assholes inside a bag?

Apparently when Zeppelin originally released the album they credited themselves as writers for all the song and then years later they rereleased the album with the original writers names but didnt pay said writers or give them a piece of ownership of the songs. And apparently in 81 right as the original writers were about to sue, Zeppelin sold of their interest in their entire catalogue to Atlantic Records for $25 milion and haven't looked back.

[quote name='Maklershed']Apparently when Zeppelin originally released the album they credited themselves as writers for all the song and then years later they rereleased the album with the original writers names but didnt pay said writers or give them a piece of ownership of the songs. And apparently in 81 right as the original writers were about to sue, Zeppelin sold of their interest in their entire catalogue to Atlantic Records for $25 milion and haven't looked back.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sure they wish they had held onto the rights. They'd have to be worth way more than $25 M today.

Did the writers ever get anything from Atlantic?

[quote name='prmononoke']How does one get rotten assholes inside a bag?[/quote]
Tell Fox News anchors you have incriminating evidence about Hillary Clinton stashed inside an enormous burlap sack. *rimshot*

Thank you and good night.

[quote name='wubb']Oh I'm sure they wish they had held onto the rights. They'd have to be worth way more than $25 M today.

Did the writers ever get anything from Atlantic?[/quote]
I havent heard any mention of it yet in the interview.

I wish that TRU.com sale included Catan. I saw the Seafarers expansion for 5 bucks and that got my hopes up.

:/

[quote name='prmononoke']How does one get rotten assholes inside a bag?[/quote]
Well, you pick them when they're nice an ripe and put them in a bag. Then you just let it sit in the sun for a few weeks. So really, they're not rotten when you put them in there. That would just be silly.

I can understand a few similarities. All artists steal (yes, even MORRISSEY) and borrow. But a whole album is a bit much.

Speaking of Morrissey.
My fave Mii.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Well, you pick them when they're nice an ripe and put them in a bag. Then you just let it sit in the sun for a few weeks. So really, they're not rotten when you put them in there. That would just be silly.[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of the Upright Citizens Brigade skit where the guy kept confusing apples with horse anuses.

"Mmmm! Delicious apples!"

[quote name='Strell']I wish that TRU.com sale included Catan. I saw the Seafarers expansion for 5 bucks and that got my hopes up.

:/[/QUOTE]

I had no idea board games were on sale there, but my hopes were just built up and then dashed in the span of 2 seconds. :whistle2:(

check.gif
1Good Times Bad Times Bonham, Jones, Page 2:47
check.gif
2Babe I'm Gonna Leave You Bennett, Bredon, Darling 6:41
3You Shook Me Dixon, Lenoir 6:27
check.gif
4Dazed and Confused Page 6:26
5Your Time Is Gonna Come Jones, Page 4:34
6Black Mountain Side Page 2:12
check.gif
7Communication Breakdown Bonham, Jones, Page 2:29
8I Can't Quit You Baby Dixon 4:42
9How Many More Times Bonham, Jones, Page 8:28

[quote name='All Music Guide']
One bothersome issue about Led Zeppelin is that, unlike their colleagues in the Rolling Stones and other British bands that took a great deal of influence from traditional music and often went to great lengths to pay respect to older artists and writers — Led Zeppelin often placed their own names on works that can easily be attributed, at least in part, to other songwriters. Thus you have "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You," which on the album is credited as " traditional, arranged by Jimmy Page" when it was in fact written by Anne Bredon (aka Annie Briggs). Apparently, it took legal action to change the credit to " Bredon/ Page/ Plant." There is quite an extensive list of other instances where it can be argued that Led Zeppelin went far beyond merely incorporating their blues and folk influences. Joan Baez did a mournful version of "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You" in 1962, well before Led Zeppelin, on the live record Joan Baez in Concert, Pt. 1, based on the 1950s Bredon version. Great White, who was almost a Led Zeppelin tribute band, covered the Zeppelin version.
[/quote]

Although the song is credited as an original composition by Led Zep’s instrumental contingent of Jimmy Page (guitar), John Paul Jones (bass) and John Bonham (drums), it was heavily influenced by Howlin’ Wolf’s [AKA Chester A. Burnett1951 release “How Many More Years”. Sadly, any credit (and royalties) or even reference to the blues icon is conspicuously absent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back