Emerson 32" LCD HDTV with Built-in Digital/Analog Tuners, LC320EM8 good TV?

hcamacho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5663667

I was at my local Wal-Mart and came across this tv, is this tv good for the price?I have checked a couple of reviews online, and it seems for the price, its ok, any info about it?

Turn up your viewing experience with this 32" LCD HDTV from Emerson. WXGA LCD technology delivers natural, vivid images for a superb viewing experience, and a virtual surround system provides great audio.

Key Features & Benefits:
# 32" LCD WXGA+ display
State-of-the-art LCD screen technology delivers sharp, vibrant images with a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels - an enhanced viewing experience the whole family will enjoy.
# Built-in ATSC/NTSC Tuner
Receive both standard analog broadcasts as well as digital and HD broadcasts without the need for a separate set-top box.
# 8ms response time
Faster response time reduces blur when viewing fast moving objects, typical of sports programming and gaming.
# Superb picture control
Easily adjust the contrast, brightness, color, tint, sharpness and color temperature to suit your preferences.
# Convenient and easy to use
Includes a closed caption decoder, V-Chip2.0 for enhanced parental controls to lock out access to select programming, trilingual language display (English/Spanish/French), sleep time up to 120 minutes, and simple remote control.
# Compact and slim design
This design style emphasizes a slim, compact look that saves space and fits anywhere. Wall mounting is a snap with an easily removable stand and VESA standard 100mm x 200mm mounting holes for use with universal wall mounts.
# Additional Features

* Clear Pix Engine Plus
* Contrast Ratio of 1000:1
* Brightness of 420 (cd/m2)
* Horizonal Viewing Angle: 170 degrees
* Vertical Viewing Angle: 170 degrees
* 3D Y/C Comb Filter
* Virtual Surround System
* Video/S-Video, Audio L+R (2)
* Component, Audio L+R (2)
* HDMI, Audio L+R (1)
* RF Input (1)
* Audio Output (L+R) (1)
* Digital Audio Output(Coaxial) (1)
* Speaker, 10(5+5)[W]
* Owner's Manual Printed in English & Spanish
* UL Listed, FCC/DHHS Certificated

Top of Page

Specifications

HDMI:

Yes
Screen Size:

32"
Brightness:

420 cd/m2
Contrast:

1000 :1
Response Time:

8 ms
Dimensions with Stand:

10.83 x 32.2 x 25.35
HD-Ready:

Y
DVI:

N
Widescreen:

Y
Model No.:

LC320EM8
Shipping Weight (in pounds):

Product in Inches (L x W x H):

10.83 x 32.2 x 25.35
Assembled in Country of Origin:

USA and/or Imported
Origin of Components:

USA and/or Imported
Wal-Mart No.:

Top of Page

[quote name='Chacrana']It's an Emerson, for fuck's sake. No.[/QUOTE]

Hey sorry for my ignorance, what are u suggesting me to get a Bravia? For price sake, tell me a better choice at a similar price then.......

Naw, I wasn't picking on you or anything, so don't take it that way. Anyway, while ideally, you'd step up to a Samsung, if you can't spend the cash to do that, I'd go with a Westinghouse. It's probably the best thing at a comparable price.

A TV working isn't necessarily indicative of how good it is, though. I mean, you should expect an electronic device like a TV to work for a number of years... why not look for something like... quality?

[quote name='Chacrana']Naw, I wasn't picking on you or anything, so don't take it that way. Anyway, while ideally, you'd step up to a Samsung, if you can't spend the cash to do that, I'd go with a Westinghouse. It's probably the best thing at a comparable price.[/QUOTE]

Well then, ok.Let me see if there is samsung around that price, 550$, by the way there was also a 32 inch Vizio for around 650$ also at walmart, I expect the vizio to be better right?But how much, is the question, will look into the model number and do a search online.Are Vizio's better than Samsung's or Westinghouse's, I know Westinghouse has a great reputation for quality in hdtv's!

Just get a Sony HDTV and be done with it. Sony's are the best IMO and you know what you're getting even though you are spending more money for that quality. I wouldn't get a Samsung as I have seen three people have to have them replaced within a year. If you can't get a Sony then look for a Sharp, but those are the only two I recommend.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Just get a Sony HDTV and be done with it. Sony's are the best IMO and you know what you're getting even though you are spending more money for that quality. I wouldn't get a Samsung as I have seen three people have to have them replaced within a year. If you can't get a Sony then look for a Sharp, but those are the only two I recommend.[/QUOTE]

Ideally, Sony or Sharp. Samsung's reliability seems to have gotten better though.

bread's done
Back