Buy 1 get 1 free on select activision games at toys r us

bb_88

CAG Veteran
I don't know if this was posted or not. But just bought spider-man 3 (ds) for the full retail price and got transformers (ds) for free at toysrus.com.

(added by CheapyD)

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Wii/DS/GBA

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Gold)
360/PS3/Wii/PS2/Xbox/PSP/GBA

Spider-Man 3
360/PS3/Wii/PS2/DS/PSP/GBA

Shrek The Third
360/Wii/PS2/DShttp://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...ation=false&promoId=2780127&parentPage=search/PSP/GBA

Transformers
360/PS3/Wii/PS2/DS/PSPhttp://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...ation=false&promoId=2780127&parentPage=searchhttp://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...ation=false&promoId=2780127&parentPage=search

[quote name='Mendoza']I really want MUA Gold but none of those other games even seems remotely interesting.[/QUOTE]

Same, but I might pick up Spider-man 3 beat it and sell it on ebay. So I'll get MUA for $20.

I'm tempted by Transformers and Spiderman 3, both for DS. They both got decent reviews, and at $15 each (minus shipping) that isn't bad at all.

Has anyone played either? Are they crap?

[quote name='johnnypark']I'm tempted by Transformers and Spiderman 3, both for DS. They both got decent reviews, and at $15 each (minus shipping) that isn't bad at all.

Has anyone played either? Are they crap?[/quote]

I've played both, and I definitely think they're both worth getting, especially at this price.

Is it just those 3? damn

I want: Transformers 360 + something else.... but not Spiderman 3 or Shrek

[quote name='linkycat']Hate to be "That GUY' but... how would this work with a return and swap for a different game?[/quote]
i wanna know this too

I'll pickup Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Gold (XBOX 360) and Transformers (XBOX 360) if BB let me pricematch it (I had $50 RZ GC). :)

[quote name='snatcher33']Does anybody know if this is in store also? Don't really wanna pay for the shipping.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's in store as well. The ad is in today's paper.

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']can we pick up the same game? like 2 marvel ultimate alliances? cause me and my friend kinda want one each.[/quote]

Online allows it and I don't see why you wouldn't be able to in store either as it's technically two activision games.

[quote name='gordonmj']Does anyone know if TH Downhill Jam (DS) allows for multiplayer racing from one cart via the wi-fi?[/quote]

yes you can just put 2 in the quanity in the shopping cart and then it will change the second one to free

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']can we pick up the same game? like 2 marvel ultimate alliances? cause me and my friend kinda want one each.[/quote]

Yep, this worked the last time around.

[quote name='"linkycat"']Hate to be "That GUY' but... how would this work with a return and swap for a different game?[/QUOTE]

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: No. This is a limited B1G1 deal. It's strictly limited to the listed games. The only swapping you'll be able to do is for another title in that list.

The only time swapping will sometimes work (YMMV) is during the all-inclusive B2G1 sale at the end of the year.

The only thing that interests me is MUA G. But the $60 is riddiculous: this game dropped to $50 a while ago.

[quote name='PyroGamer']The only thing that interests me is MUA G. But the $60 is riddiculous: this game dropped to $50 a while ago.[/quote]

True but if you could get around 50% back on selling the second game you choose, I think it's still worth it. Currently trying to talk my cousin into going 50/50 with me or else I may have to ask some CAG to buy two and allow me to buy one via paypal for $35 shipped.

There is also a $5 off $25 coupon in my sunday toys r us ad. Valid instore only, not valid on hardware, but should work on these games.

Okay, I really want to get MUAG and then another game to put on eBay, but which one would get me the most bang for my buck; Transformers or Spider-Man 3?

[quote name='Techsticles']I wonder if CC will match the deal, I just bought Transformers on Friday.[/quote]

I didn't want to hassle with trying to get a free game pricematched so I just went to TRU and bought Marvel UA Gold & Transformers, then returned Transformers to CC for a refund.

[quote name='scottman']There is also a $5 off $25 coupon in my sunday toys r us ad. Valid instore only, not valid on hardware, but should work on these games.[/quote]
Didn't see this, but did see you can get a free Transformer Real Robot Gear toy with any $25+ Transformer purchase on the front page. Which should also be good if you pickup the Transformers game. I just noticed it and I'm not going back for a toy. Tired of exchanging shit today. :lol:

I wanted MUA. After reading reviews on all games offered. I just picked up two MUAs gold, and will resell one of them so I'll get $40 or so. End up only spending $30 on MUA gold.

If you don't want 2 games, then why not try going 1/2 with another CAG member who only wants 1 of the games. That's what I did last time. Actually, I bought 6 games last time for this deal. 3 for me and 1 for 3 different people.

It sucks that MUA: Gold is in this one. I bought MUA last time for this deal and paid the $10 for the extra content. Still cheaper than MUA: G on sale, but still...

I checked my TRU and they were out of the Transformers 360. Those are going for about $42 on eBay, so MUA: Gold would have been about $20!

Hmmm..I used to own Spider-Man 3......played the playability out of that. Rented Shrek 3..that game sucked horribly, but got some achievements out of it. Played Transformers ata friends.and didnt care for it. And I already own the original MUA with the glitched download content.

I'd like to see if I could buy 2 games and return them ata different store though. Dont mind if its store credit at a store. Would love to pick up The Darkness and Overlord.

But I dont want to risk it unless I here more from some other peole. Just oen of you doing it isnt enough to convince me.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Hmmm..I used to own Spider-Man 3......played the playability out of that. Rented Shrek 3..that game sucked horribly, but got some achievements out of it. Played Transformers ata friends.and didnt care for it. And I already own the original MUA with the glitched download content.

I'd like to see if I could buy 2 games and return them ata different store though. Dont mind if its store credit at a store. Would love to pick up The Darkness and Overlord.

But I dont want to risk it unless I here more from some other peole. Just oen of you doing it isnt enough to convince me.[/QUOTE]

Can you return to TRU without a receipt?

[quote name='Cleaner7']If you don't want 2 games, then why not try going 1/2 with another CAG member who only wants 1 of the games. That's what I did last time. Actually, I bought 6 games last time for this deal. 3 for me and 1 for 3 different people.

It sucks that MUA: Gold is in this one. I bought MUA last time for this deal and paid the $10 for the extra content. Still cheaper than MUA: G on sale, but still...[/QUOTE]

Never thought of that.

[quote name='gamcreator']Can you return to TRU without a receipt?[/quote]

Nope. That policy was abolished June 2006.

Damn......bought Transformers for the 360 with a Best Buy gift card yesterday. Maybe I'll go to TRU and snag Transformers and Shrek (I know, I hear it is awful, but I love the movies) for the 360 and then return the Transformers back to Best Buy to get a another gift card with the refund on it. Then I'll probably pick up Harry Potter for the 360 with the new gift card. I think that should work.

Alright folks, i ordered Transformers and Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold. I was gonna resell in on ebay, but since a lot of people were looking for Ultimate Alliance and I already have it previously.... I will resell it for 40 dollars shipped. *Reminder* before you send messages out to me. They won't be shipping till tomorrow, just get a hold of me, if you're interested.

[quote name='linkycat']Hate to be "That GUY' but... how would this work with a return and swap for a different game?[/quote]

cough*** cough*** return the game Wal-Mart for store credit *** cough *** cough***

[quote name='oasisboy']
cough*** cough*** return the game Wal-Mart for store credit *** cough *** cough***.[/QUOTE]
Just a FYI something like this very frowned upon at CAG, and I would encourage you not to discuss such actions in the future.

bread's done
Back