Gamefly Members Only "Keep it" deals (07-10-07)

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Gamefly has a program where you can usually opt to keep the games you rent for a really decent price. So for gamefly members this is a good way to get some cheap games. New game releases can be had for very cheap by returning games to coincide with a release date, and filling your queue only with the games you are targeting. My hope is to update this thread weekly highlighting the best "keep it" deals and new releases. Please post your suggestions and I will add them to the list.

Members get free shipping, a $5 credit every 3 months, a 5% discount after the first 6 months, and a 10% discount after the first 12 months. $10 can be deducted from membership fees each month by watching ads.

:360:
NCAA Football $46.99
All Pro Football $44.99
Project Sylpheed $32.99
Vampire Rain $44.99
The Darkness $47.99
Overlord $46.99
Forza 2 $41.99 down from $43.99
Gears of War $27.99
The Bigs $47.99
DiRT $43.99
Call of Juarez $40.99
Shadowrun $42.99 down from $44.99
GRAW2 $31.99
Rainbow 6 Vegas $33.99 up from $32.99
Transformers $45.99

:wii:

Driver $34.99
Chicken Shoot $24.99
Resident Evil 4 $22.99 down from $24.99
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree $37.99
Mario Party 8 $45.99 down from $37.99

Legend of Zelda $35.99
Harry Potter $39.99
Pokemon Battle Revolution $39.99
The Bigs $37.99
Transformers $36.99 down from $38.99
Super Paper Mario $33.99 down from $35.99

:ps3:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 47.99
Darkness $47.99
Rainbow 6 Vegas $47.99
Harry Potter $45.99 down from $47.99
Transformers $45.99 down from $47.99

The Bigs $47.99

:ds:

Sim City DS $24.99
Pokemon Diamond $25.99 down from $27.99
Pokemon Pearl $25.99
Diddy Kong Racing $21.99
NSMB (not for sale)
Planet Puzzle League $24.99

:psp:
Traxxpad $31.99
Final Fantasy $26.99
Transformers $31.99
Rainbow 6 Vegas $29.99
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters $27.99

:ps2:
Taito Legends 2 $12.99
GrimGrimoire $31.99
Transformers $31.99
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 $29.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary $17.99
Bully $20.99
Odin Sphere $30.99
Ar Tonelico $30.99
Okami $22.99

:xbox:

Scarface $23.99
Thrillville $16.99
Destroy All Humans 2 $14.99

:gc:

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess $26.99
Surf's Up $31.99
Ratatoille $31.99

I want Overlord for that price. Oh well, as someone who compulsively needs to own games, Gamefly just isn't for me. Debating it this holiday season though with the huge amount of games coming out, might use it to help weed through the crap.

[quote name='contej85']I want Overlord for that price. Oh well, as someone who compulsively needs to own games, Gamefly just isn't for me. Debating it this holiday season though with the huge amount of games coming out, might use it to help weed through the crap.[/QUOTE]

I just got Gamefly a couple of weeks ago for this very same reason. There are just too many games coming out this fall and too few dollars in my bank account. This way I can buy my day-1 games (Halo 3, HL2 Orange Box, Mass Effect, Bioshock, SMG) while not missing out on the b-level stuff (Blue Dragon, Uncharted, Blacksite: Area 51) due to insufficient funds. It's already saved me from buying VF5 and Rayman Raving Rabbids (i.e. A Fate Worse Than Death ;)).

Super Paper Mario is the next game in my queue. It's so tempting to keep it for that price. Oh, and Okami is $22.99 "Keep It Now." I'm going to have to push that up my queue...

[quote name='panasonic']not to bad for the newer games[/quote]

True. Especially considering that they are brand new if you get them shipped out at release.

Added suggestions by Manning, JCDenton, and -Never4ever-.

Two things:

First off dubb...Sifl and Olly are the ultimate win.

Second off, putting the specific systems in spoiler tags is an excellent idea...makes it a lot easier to read.

Both the DS Pokemon titles aren't showing available. This is the 2nd time by the time I've seen the post here a game I was looking at was gone. I'm not really that keen on buying stuff that isn't new from them, but I've got that $5 member discount burning a hole in my pocket and its hard to go wrong on used DS titles.

[quote name='Logain8955']Two things:

First off dubb...Sifl and Olly are the ultimate win.

Second off, putting the specific systems in spoiler tags is an excellent idea...makes it a lot easier to read.[/quote]
haha thanks.

[quote name='turls']Both the DS Pokemon titles aren't showing available. This is the 2nd time by the time I've seen the post here a game I was looking at was gone. I'm not really that keen on buying stuff that isn't new from them, but I've got that $5 member discount burning a hole in my pocket and its hard to go wrong on used DS titles.[/quote]

Sorry turls that's partly my fault. I'm hanging onto one of their copies of pearl right now ;) I wasn't taking availability into account. Do you guys think I should? I find that if there is really a game I want and it's availability is medium or higher I can just empty my queue besides that one game and at most I have to wait a week or so for it to ship.

Also through my personal experience and the experiences reported by other CAGs the used games are always in good to perfect condition. They must have some level of quality control unlike GS/EB. The manuals and cases are definitely in brand new (but opened obviously) condition. Also this method allows you to rent and inspect the game first.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Transformers $47.99 (360)[/quote]

added along with several $2 price drops. I'll update this soon with some new release prices when they come out.

bread's done
Back