DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 to have online play?!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://e3.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6174628&pid=939645&tag=top_stories;title;5
Also of interest is the addition of online play, a first for a Dragon Ball Z game. Though details are scarce at the moment, you can expect two-player action over the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, either against random opponents or against buddies that you've exchanged a game-specific friend code with.

Wasn't expecting this after the initial announcement, but this is very nice news to hear.

Thats going to be awesome, I hope they get rid of the laggy gameplay that was in 2 player mode already.
This is going to be great, hopefully they'll stick to the old HUD interface thing, the new one in the screenshots look bad.

Regardless of the system and connection, fighting games on consoles are gonna have their moments with lag.

And yeah, the Wii version gets online play while the PS2 version gets some weird swap-disc thing where they get bonus stuff for having the first two games.

[quote name='Tsukento']Regardless of the system and connection, fighting games on consoles are gonna have their moments with lag.

And yeah, the Wii version gets online play while the PS2 version gets some weird swap-disc thing where they get bonus stuff for having the first two games.[/quote]Swap disc? I would think that they would just have what they had in the 2nd Tenkaichi, where the game checks your memory card and gives you items/currency if you have past game data on it.

i'm pretty sick of dbz games... i don't know how many more times i can save the Earth and relive the Dragon Ball series...lol...but i might pick this up just cause it's online...well if they have some nice ranking type scenarios

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Swap disc? I would think that they would just have what they had in the 2nd Tenkaichi, where the game checks your memory card and gives you items/currency if you have past game data on it.[/quote]
My memory's a bit hazy, but I think you might be refering to Budokai 3 and not the "Budokai Tenkaichi" series, which was handled by a different development group.

[quote name='Tsukento']My memory's a bit hazy, but I think you might be refering to Budokai 3 and not the "Budokai Tenkaichi" series, which was handled by a different development group.[/quote]I also think I may have read your initial post incorrectly. My apologies if that's the case.

What I was referring to is that in DBZBT2, if you had BT1 save data in your memory card, you got a bunch of currency to spend on items and whatnot.

Actually, I think I'm confusing myself again. Explain more, please?

lol S'alright. On Budokai 3, if you had save data from Budokai 2, you got a Silver Membership Card and Bibidi's Pot the moment you booted up. As for the Tenkaichi Budokai series, I'm not sure about if there was a bonus for having past save data. Mainly cause I bought the Japanese PS2 versions, so I may not have noticed. :p

Though as for the upcoming game for PS2, it's up in the air there. They haven't really explained what it means.

I love the Wii vesion and I would definitely pick this up for the online.

I mean who wouldn't be involved in online enabled, epic flying around the landscape arcade action involving giant apes and even bigger fireballs!

Let's just hope that they don't decide to make it fucking online split-screen fights. :p That was the one thing that sucked about multiplayer, that it went splitscreen even if the characters were in the same area.

Split screen isnt like a real problem. Besides, i cant imagine how normal 2 player vs game would work considering how you see your char from the back. The 2 player would be at a disadvantage, not cool. Real problem is lag when the 2 players are fighting close up, I really hope they get that fixed.

split screen online wouldnt make much sense though, I agree that would be pretty dumb.
Imagine all the fun from online if they keep the moves like solar flare to keep the game interesting.....

If there's split-screen involved, that's a major negative to me, but not huge enough to disregard the online play. Although it wouldn't make much sense to split the screen if the other person isn't even with you. It could be like playing against the CPU.

bread's done
Back