Do you drink alcohol?

The Mana Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
This is a thread about whether you drink any type of alcoholic beverage (like beer, Vodka, Whiskey, etc.)?

I was just curious as to what percentage of CAG members drink. I thought there weren't many people who drank here, but the number of people seem to be higher than what I imagined, so I decided to start a thread about this.

For me, I'm a non-drinker (although I'm 24 years old). I had a sip of beer several years ago, and I thought it didn't taste too good, so I never wanted to have a beer again. I don't drink any other alcoholic beverage since I feel its best for me to not become an alcoholic, and I was abused a little as a kid because my Dad had too much to drink at times. I also don't understand why people feel the need to get drunk, to have any fun (I just play video games to have fun). I'm also not very comfortable around alcohol, because if I see it (like when I went to a DDR party), I left really quick.

Oh well, I'm kind of curious to see what CAG members stance is, on whether to do it (how often), or a non drinker like me. :)

EDIT: To let everyone know, I am away at college, where drinking occurs a lot. I honestly feel my parents wouldn't approve of me drinking, so that's a small reason why I don't bother.

Who needs drinking when you have a PSP and a PS3?

Hell, I've heard that Sony products can stop alcoholism!

I don't drink nor do I like to drink ever. But after watching beerfest last night I got all beer crazy and had the urge to drink a cold beer. >_> Imported of course, none of that american shit.

"I drink at least once every week or two"

i drink a few times a week..i think im an alcoholic. the euphoria i am under when i have the right drunkness down is amazing to me...but also dangerous. I hate the idea of drinking alone though. I took a few shots of tequila by myself thursday, felt pretty depressing :rofl:

OP, it's cool that you don't drink but you shouldn't be afraid to be around it. You're missing out on a lot of great stuff socially.

I guess I'm a drinker but I haven't had a drop since New Year's since my wife was pregnant and we don't go out much anymore. I do love beer though.

I only drink mixed drinks (White Russian, Irish Bulldog, Zombie, etc.).

Even then, I drink very rarely.

For whatever reason, I just don't drink (I'm 24)... I've had a number of sips over the course of my life, but never had a full drink. All of my friends drink, and it doesn't bother me, I just have no interest.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I also don't understand why people feel the need to get drunk, to have any fun (I just play video games to have fun).

[/QUOTE]

personally if you haven't tried it, don't knock it. people don't NEED to get drunk to enjoy anything, its the effects of alcohol which leaves many inhibition-less that makes certain activities a different experience. I don't have a problem with people that don't drink because they don't like the feeling of being buzzed or drunk. But I don't understand how you can make that judgment without experiencing the feeling yourself. just my 2 cents.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm also not very comfortable around alcohol, because if I see it (like when I went to a DDR party), I left really quick. [/QUOTE]

That may just be the saddest sentence I've ever heard for so many reasons.

And I drink wine almost nightly with dinner, and occasionally a beer or two.

I wonder how long until this devolves into a bitchy flame fest about the evils of alcohol.

And to answer your question OP, I drink on Friday and Saturday night. Usually Milwaukee's Best Light or Canadian Club but it gets changed up every now and then. I'll be getting Miller Chill this weekend.

I drink about once a week, only on the weekends, and when I'm not on call. Probably closer to every other weekend.

I don't drink beer, only wine and hard liquor.

I did abstain from drinking until I turned 21 while at college, as my RA job could be compromised by underage drinking.

By the way:[quote name='The Mana Knight']For me, I'm a non-drinker (although I'm 24 years old).[/quote]
0089434.jpg
!!!!!!!!

I thought you were, like, sixteen!

[quote name='Brak']I only drink mixed drinks (White Russian, Irish Bulldog, Zombie, etc.).

Even then, I drink very rarely.[/quote]Word.

Also Mana Knight, like someone posted above, most people don't NEED it to have a good time. Alcohol just tastes good (mixed drinks that is).

[quote name='Maklershed']
And to answer your question OP, I drink on Friday and Saturday night. Usually Milwaukee's Best Light or Canadian Club but it gets changed up every now and then. I'll be getting Miller Chill this weekend.[/quote]

Thats like the three shittiest beers you can drink (you're only missing Steel Reserve).

I drink every other day (usually Harp or Leinenkugal Honey Weiss for beer or Rum & Coke or Screw Drivers for mixed). Beyond pot, drinking is the best way to unwind after a day.

Imported of course, none of that american shit.

Since you don't drink, you shouldn't make blanket statements like that. There is some damn fine American beers and there is some serious piss being imported.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Thats like the three shittiest beers you can drink (you're only missing Steel Reserve).[/quote]
Canadian Club is whisky (unless you meant to say MWBL is one of the three shittiest beers I could drink).

And I cant disagree with you about Beast. Its not great but its cheap. Also, you're talking to a guy that used to drink Camo and Lazer 40s so I'm sure I wouldnt mind drinking Steel Reserve either. :lol:

I share many of the same views already mentioned. I drink very rarely and I really don't need it to have a good time. But you'd be damned to get the same response from a sampling of people at my college.

Shut up and drink ya damn kids and get the fuck off my lawn!!! ;)

Huge beer fan and do drink some hard stuff if the mood strikes me right

[quote name='Cornfedwb']That may just be the saddest sentence I've ever heard for so many reasons.[/QUOTE]This is what I mean, seeing people get drunk, doing stupid stuff, the smell of it on their breath, kind of bothers me a little, that's what I meant. I don't hang around friends much anyway, so I usually don't deal with it.

I forget what type of beer I had a tiny sip of when I was young, but I'm guessing Bud. I still remember the taste now and it wasn't too good.

[quote name='dastly75']I share many of the same views already mentioned. I drink very rarely and I really don't need it to have a good time. But you'd be damned to get the same response from a sampling of people at my college.[/QUOTE]I could say the same somewhat at my college, but my college isn't one of the biggest party schools (I go to Purdue University main campus). When walking around on, I see way too many red party cups and beer bottles. I got angry once because a beer bottle popped my bike tire, so I couldn't get around my campus quickly for a few weeks. :( A lot of college students do drink, because when I look at many of my friends pics on Facebook (btw, I am in the CAG Facebook group), almost all of them have the red party cups in the background.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I honestly feel my parents wouldn't approve of me drinking, so that's a small reason why I don't bother.[/QUOTE]

It's a rare privilege to meet a self-made man.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']T I don't hang around friends much anyway, so I usually don't deal with it.

[/QUOTE]

You need to find friends that make you feel comfortable. Why waste time and energy on people that don't make you happy? If their drinking really bothers you that much, you need different friends you can relate to and feel comfortable with. Socializing is a huge part of growing as an individual with or without alcohol consumption.

drink drink it help your self esteem (lol). It feels good to have a bear after a long day at work especially on friday nights.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I honestly feel my parents wouldn't approve of me drinking, so that's a small reason why I don't bother.[/quote]
If you are still worried about what your parents think of you at 24 you are in for one long, boring and event-free life.

I don't drink. I had a legal drink once when I was in Guam (18 is the legal age there) and I couldn't stand the taste of alcohol and I got tipsy after having only one heavily dumbed-down mixed drink. I just don't see the point and I don't like the way it feels. I think it's so stupid how most college kids waste time and money on the stuff, and end up acting retarded and having a much lower GPA in the process. I like parties, though I haven't really gone to many in my college career, but I just don't see the point in drinking.

[quote name='Maklershed']Canadian Club is whisky (unless you meant to say MWBL is one of the three shittiest beers I could drink).

And I cant disagree with you about Beast. Its not great but its cheap. Also, you're talking to a guy that used to drink Camo and Lazer 40s so I'm sure I wouldnt mind drinking Steel Reserve either. :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, that was a bad typo on my part. The three beers that I can't touch any more is Beast (grew up drinking it, you couldn't beat 3.99 for a 12 pack), Ice House (like Beast, I get the nastiest shits from it) and then Steel Reserve (frankly this is the worst to me though I use to make some money on people betting me that I couldn't do a beer bong of it). HAHA!!! I've always been lucky where I've never had the chance to drink that. Just like Mad Dog, I've never had that and I never will......no if only I could say the same about Apple Puckers (which made me projectile vomit 6 feet and the worst part was I had just ate Jay's Hot Stuff BBQ chips which made it a horrible dark red color)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']This is what I mean, seeing people get drunk, doing stupid stuff, the smell of it on their breath, kind of bothers me a little, that's what I meant. I don't hang around friends much anyway, so I usually don't deal with it.

I forget what type of beer I had a tiny sip of when I was young, but I'm guessing Bud. I still remember the taste now and it wasn't too good.

I could say the same somewhat at my college, but my college isn't one of the biggest party schools (I go to Purdue University main campus). When walking around on, I see way too many red party cups and beer bottles. I got angry once because a beer bottle popped my bike tire, so I couldn't get around my campus quickly for a few weeks. :( A lot of college students do drink, because when I look at many of my friends pics on Facebook (btw, I am in the CAG Facebook group), almost all of them have the red party cups in the background.[/QUOTE]

I agree that I hate the taste of beer, my gf enjoys quite a few varieties, and I've tried a sip of a bunch of them, plus a few from great local beer locations, and none have tasted good enough for me to buy one. Hard Liquor tastes a lot better, but it's a lot more expensive and will get you drunk a lot quicker, even mixed.

College is not a true representation of the real world Mana. As an RA, I'm the jerk who breaks up the parties on my college campus, and I've never been as irresponsible or as trashed as the parties I break up.

You can defiantely be responsible and drink, I only drink about a glass of wine or two mixed drinks at most when I go out (or stay in).

i drink every other day or so, not binge mind you. but i just love beer, i love the flavor, i love to eat it with meals, and i love to try new ones. so its not uncommon for me to have a few beers on any given night. not to mention happy hour is from 4-8 on monday and tuesdays, so me and my friends will get togther on those days a lot of the time and go to the local pub. on the weekends things can get a little wild. this weekend for instance, i had quite a few gin & tonics. beer is my primary drink, but i also am a big fan of rum and gin. i dont mind vodka or whiskey. but i stay away from tequila...

Boo! Fun Police! Boo!

EDIT - This for the RA. Back in the day when I lived at college (1997) our RA was the drunkest and highest person in the dorm.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Yeah, that was a bad typo on my part. The three beers that I can't touch any more is Beast (grew up drinking it, you couldn't beat 3.99 for a 12 pack), Ice House (like Beast, I get the nastiest shits from it) and then Steel Reserve (frankly this is the worst to me though I use to make some money on people betting me that I couldn't do a beer bong of it). HAHA!!! I've always been lucky where I've never had the chance to drink that. Just like Mad Dog, I've never had that and I never will......no if only I could say the same about Apple Puckers (which made me projectile vomit 6 feet and the worst part was I had just ate Jay's Hot Stuff BBQ chips which made it a horrible dark red color)[/quote]
I have a permanent association of sickness with Mad Dog and Southern Comfort. Needless to say (back in my college days) I got far beyond the stage of drunkeness any human should ever get with both of those and paid the price in a horrible way the next day. So now I cant even so much as smell SoCo without it turning my stomach.

And Beast to me isnt that bad and its $10.50 a case so thats why its my home/party drink of choice. At bars I tend to go to higher end stuff if they have it ... Honey Brown, Boddingtons, and any Belgium beers.

I fucking hate bears.
[quote name='dpadilla4']It feels good to have a bear after a long day at work especially on friday nights.[/quote]

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I don't drink. I had a legal drink once when I was in Guam (18 is the legal age there) and I couldn't stand the taste of alcohol and I got tipsy after having only one heavily dumbed-down mixed drink. I just don't see the point and I don't like the way it feels. I think it's so stupid how most college kids waste time and money on the stuff, and end up acting retarded and having a much lower GPA in the process. I like parties, though I haven't really gone to many in my college career, but I just don't see the point in drinking.[/QUOTE]
You are a rare orchid.

It is my dream to marry a girl who doesn't drink and doesn't own a cellular phone.

But, yeah; super-rare to find a girl who doesn't drink.

[quote name='Brak']You are a rare orchid.

It is my dream to marry a girl who doesn't drink and doesn't own a cellular phone.

But, yeah; super-rare to find a girl who doesn't drink.[/QUOTE]
I have a cellular phone but only because of my parents/college. They don't even provide land lines anymore at my college dorms.

[quote name='Maklershed']I have a permanent association of sickness with Mad Dog and Southern Comfort. Needless to say (back in my college days) I got far beyond the stage of drunkeness any human should ever get with both of those and paid the price in a horrible way the next day. So now I cant even so much as smell SoCo without it turning my stomach.[/quote]

I have the same issue with Goldschläger. It did make the vomit all sparklely though!

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I have a cellular phone but only because of my parents/college. They don't even provide land lines anymore at my college dorms.[/QUOTE]
That's understandable. I actually prefer women have a cellular phone for reasons such as those, and personal safety.

A girl I was seeing, once, used to drive me nuts with her cell phone. People would constantly call her -- mostly guys. ( -_- )

I guess, in a certain light, I am jealous with things like that... but that really wasn't the issue; it was insanely annoying how frequent and constant that shit was.

I don't drink at all. I've tried a fair smattering of drinks: beers, vodka, some mixed drinks. None of them tasted good, and they all cost far too much to make it into a regular thing.

Mostly, I hate drinking because of it's effects. We can argue back and forth all day, but it's factual to say that alcohol inhibits your judgement and increases your risk of car accidents and bad decisions. Not to mention becoming a unexpected father! ;)

I just don't get the point. Rather, I don't think there really is a point. For those of you that actually *like* the taste of alcohol, more power to you if it's done in moderation. But to the ones that like to get drunk, it's just foolish and wasteful. Killing brain cells and endangering yourself and those around you is just not wise. Bring on the flames.

[quote name='Maklershed']I have a permanent association of sickness with Mad Dog and Southern Comfort. Needless to say (back in my college days) I got far beyond the stage of drunkeness any human should ever get with both of those and paid the price in a horrible way the next day. So now I cant even so much as smell SoCo without it turning my stomach.

And Beast to me isnt that bad and its $10.50 a case so thats why its my home/party drink of choice. At bars I tend to go to higher end stuff if they have it ... Honey Brown, Boddingtons, and any Belgium beers.[/quote]

Yuck!! SoCo is fucking horrid, I use to date a girl who would always try push her half drinks on to me and she liked SoCo so.....yeah. The last few times I had that, I got Rolling Rock type of bubble gut. And to me, that shit burned the fucking shit out of my throat coming up in the morning.

Once me and my friends hit 18, we said fuck it and figured its just worth paying the extra few bucks for good beer.

[quote name='javeryh']I have the same issue with Goldschläger. It did make the vomit all sparklely though![/quote]

ewwww You're only supposed to one or two shots of that a night. And I honestly can't fathom getting trashed off that

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I don't drink. I had a legal drink once when I was in Guam (18 is the legal age there) and I couldn't stand the taste of alcohol and I got tipsy after having only one heavily dumbed-down mixed drink. I just don't see the point and I don't like the way it feels. I think it's so stupid how most college kids waste time and money on the stuff, and end up acting retarded and having a much lower GPA in the process. I like parties, though I haven't really gone to many in my college career, but I just don't see the point in drinking.[/QUOTE]I agree 100%. I know its like that at the college you go to because I know people there (well, its a Big Ten Conference College like mine). Yeah, I'm also very concerned about my GPA too, which is part of the reason I don't drink. It makes me so angry because I never get a 4.0 every semester, but get very close. I'm stuck with a crappy 3.55 GPA, and I'm trying to improve it so I can get a good job (That GPA might be unacceptable to some companies), which is why I spend lots of time indoors doing homework non-stop (don't go out to parties or anything). I just don't want to be affected by alcohol, so I don't drink.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I have a cellular phone but only because of my parents/college. They don't even provide land lines anymore at my college dorms.[/QUOTE]They still provide land lines at the dorms in my college (I use to get drunk phone calls at 2am on weekends, which made me crazy since I'd go to bed around 9-10pm every weekend night). Yeah, my cell phone is mostly used for my parents could call me (they call a few times every week, asking me what I'm doing, part of the reason I don't want to go out). If I don't answer, they call me tons of times because they're worried something happened to me. Sometimes I get calls from other students asking for homework help in classes, but mostly my parents call.
[quote name='AshesofWake']You need to find friends that make you feel comfortable. Why waste time and energy on people that don't make you happy? If their drinking really bothers you that much, you need different friends you can relate to and feel comfortable with. Socializing is a huge part of growing as an individual with or without alcohol consumption.[/QUOTE]Actually, the friends of mine who drank at that one party, I actually never knew most of them drank. I thought they were a lot like me, but then I found out they weren't. There just aren't many people who don't drink. Many I know who don't, just spend all day inside playing a MMORPG (even some nerdy people like me drink, shockingly).

[quote name='javeryh']If you are still worried about what your parents think of you at 24 you are in for one long, boring and event-free life.[/QUOTE]Sounds like my life now. ;)
[quote name='the ender']I don't drink at all. I've tried a fair smattering of drinks: beers, vodka, some mixed drinks. None of them tasted good, and they all cost far too much to make it into a regular thing.

Mostly, I hate drinking because of it's effects. We can argue back and forth all day, but it's factual to say that alcohol inhibits your judgement and increases your risk of car accidents and bad decisions. Not to mention becoming a unexpected father! ;)

I just don't get the point. Rather, I don't think there really is a point. For those of you that actually *like* the taste of alcohol, more power to you if it's done in moderation. But to the ones that like to get drunk, it's just foolish and wasteful. Killing brain cells and endangering yourself and those around you is just not wise. Bring on the flames.[/QUOTE]Yeah, part of the reason I wouldn't want to drink is because it can be expensive. I already spend a lot of money of video games and feel I'm far from owning every game I want. I'm getting tired of gaming often though, so I might get into some other hobby. It's like when a bottle of alcohol is finished, there goes your funny. If you finish a video game, you can still play it, because its not like after you finish a game, the disc/cartridge erases itself (like alcohol does). I dunno, that's just me. I don't really know if drinking with friends is any more fun than playing video games.

Yes, really. Bears are never supposed to beat Saints. What kind of message does that send God?
[quote name='Maklershed']
colbertax4.jpg
[/quote]

i used to drink everyday before I turned 21, after that it just wasn't fun to get obliterated in that way every day :( besides, drinkin 2 fifths a day takes a toll on a person

[quote name='jennie25']i used to drink everyday before I turned 21, after that it just wasn't fun to get obliterated in that way every day :( besides, drinkin 2 fifths a day takes a toll on a person[/QUOTE]

Two fifths a day? Who the hell are you? Andre The Giant?

bread's done
Back