* * * * * 1 votes

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

#91 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5852 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:28 AM

Guys stop fighting....Its a game, we are a gaming forum. Theres no need to get pissed at each other over politics

#92 VanillaGorilla   Shark Barber CAGiversary!   5521 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

VanillaGorilla

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:51 AM

Can't wait to see the standard CoD gameplay palette-swapped with some minor gameplay differences and a modern-day setting that in a fit of extreme political correctness will refuse to acknowledge the actual modern-day war in Iraq and will most likely either avoid naming locales or will be set in a totally fictional one!

Maybe we can have a Caucasian, college-educated, red-blooded American madman as the mastermind enemy, if we're really lucky, too! It's bound to work for Live Free or Die Hard!!

EDIT: you could do a shooter from the Nazi perspective

Yeah, that's not going to happen, for...obvious reasons.

I also want a WWI shooter, very badly.

This, too, will not happen, for monetary reasons. Too 'niche' for the console market, unfortunately.

Since when did games have to make political statements? Leave that for the movies, I don't wanna see bullshit preaching in my games.

I would get excited for this game, but I won't, since it probably won't be coming out for anothe year+

Leave it to CAG's to turn a VIDEO GAME TRAILER into a whiny political debate. Go pickett outside your liberal arts college, and leave us alone.

#93 paz9x  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:05 AM

What do you mean? Do you mean to tell me most don't have that attitude? If they don't, the negative one is still present and not discouraged I'm sure. I know someone in the Armed Forces you idiot and while in his branch it may not be around much I believe it IS more prevalent in the Army.

im glad you, "know someone" in the armed forces. that gives you free reign to call service members idiots since you have an issue with the governing politicians.
like i said, stick to your glorious posts about how elite you are since you buy japanese games.

#94 VanillaGorilla   Shark Barber CAGiversary!   5521 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

VanillaGorilla

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:15 AM

edit: No thanks on an Iraq game. I don't want to play a White Trash Redneck Hick who refers to Iraqi's as "Ragheads" and other derogatory terms. I'm not saying all in the army are like that but I don't like that kind of ignorant attitude that is being fostered there.

Yes, because in the heat of battle, you STILL have to be politically correct. I'm sure if YOU were standing in 110 degree heat, with people trying to blow you up or kill you, you wouldn't refer to them in derogatory terms. Gimme a break. It's clueless people like you who make me wish the draft was re-instated, so you would be forced to back up all your shittalk. "Hey guys, I know these fella's we're "in conflict" with are shooting at us, and they just killed 3 guys in our squad, but do you REALLY think it's appropriate for you to call them names?"

#95 SpottedNigel   That Guy CAGiversary!   5223 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

SpottedNigel

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:15 AM

It's a dog, not Dino.

#96 VanillaGorilla   Shark Barber CAGiversary!   5521 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

VanillaGorilla

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:19 AM

It's a dog, not Dino.

That's what I thought to. And believe it or not, there ARE dogs in modern day life. I just saw one licking himself yesterday.

#97 level1online   Banned Banned   1306 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

level1online

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:42 AM

Go pickett outside your liberal arts college, and leave us alone.

haha, remember this quote: "No matter how liberal you think you're liberal arts college is, there's always an iron fist at the top to keep things in order." ;)

#98 AshesofWake   chum is fum CAGiversary!   4655 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

AshesofWake

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:09 AM

That's what I thought to. And believe it or not, there ARE dogs in modern day life. I just saw one licking himself yesterday.

my god this game will be so realistic!!!!

#99 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:31 AM

It's a dog, not Dino.

That's one fucked up looking dog.

#100 Kaijufan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9848 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:45 AM

I wish the trailer had real gameplay, but from what I've seen so far I'm not impressed. It doesn't seem very much like the other CoD games, with more stealth and GRAW like gameplay, two things I don't really like.
Hopefully when we see real in game footage it will be more like Call of Duty 2 and 3.

#101 David85   Banned Banned   4852 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:15 AM

That's one fucked up looking dog.

Exactly, of course it's SUPPOSED to be a dog, but it looks like a T-Rex.

#102 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:23 AM

Maybe it's a dog spliced with T-Rex DNA?

#103 David85   Banned Banned   4852 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:36 AM

That would explain why it looks like a small T-Rex, and one big ass "dog" and that it "barks".

#104 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5586 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:13 AM

Yes, because in the heat of battle, you STILL have to be politically correct. I'm sure if YOU were standing in 110 degree heat, with people trying to blow you up or kill you, you wouldn't refer to them in derogatory terms. Gimme a break. It's clueless people like you who make me wish the draft was re-instated, so you would be forced to back up all your shittalk. "Hey guys, I know these fella's we're "in conflict" with are shooting at us, and they just killed 3 guys in our squad, but do you REALLY think it's appropriate for you to call them names?"

No thank you. I'd do everything to avoid the draft, especially in that region since they'd probably think me a product of the devil since I'm left handed.
Honestly I wish we'd slowly drop our oil dependence and pull out of there including our financial support of Israel and our backing of the Saudi's. Let them all go at each others throats and kill each other until there's none left. It's not Genocide when all those groups of people are trying to kill each other. I could care if this shit hadn't been going on forever.

#105 linkpwns   Oh hey guys CAGiversary!   3678 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:06 AM

Ehh, even though WWII has been used a billion times, I'd still like to see CoD stay there.

Exactly. It won't be CoD anymore. they should call it something else.

#106 David85   Banned Banned   4852 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:14 PM

I agree with whoever said "drop the four". It would sound a lot better if they called it CoD: Modern Combat. That way if they want to go back to WW2 they can just call it CoD4. Plus you know they will make a sequel so what will that be called, CoD5: Modern Combat 2? I hate when companies do that.

#107 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44134 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:00 AM

I just saw the trailer in HD on the XBLM, its totally a dog. You can see it clearly.

#108 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37487 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:04 AM

I agree with whoever said "drop the four". It would sound a lot better if they called it CoD: Modern Combat. That way if they want to go back to WW2 they can just call it CoD4. Plus you know they will make a sequel so what will that be called, CoD5: Modern Combat 2? I hate when companies do that.

We don't need another Modern Combat subtitle (Battlefield 2: Modern Combat). I think you mean Modern Warfare. Which is what the game is actually called.

http://digg.com/gami...are_Announced_2

#109 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44134 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:56 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Teamxbox.com previewed the game and this was their final thoughs on it:

To say that we were blown away by Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare would be a huge understatement. The game already looks amazing, despite the fact that it’s still months away from being released. Of course, we all know that looks aren’t everything, so we were happy to see that the game also features some of the most intense gameplay we’ve ever seen. From the single-player campaign to the multiplayer action, this is one game that has something for everyone. If this wasn’t on your radar before, it better be now. We’ll be bringing you a lot more on the game in the coming months (starting with E3), so check back often!

Full preview here: http://previews.team...ern-Warfare/p1/

If those are ingame shots....OMG it looks Gears of War Amazing!

#110 deadite76   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2002 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:55 PM

If those are ingame shots....OMG it looks Gears of War Amazing!

Eurogamer had this to say about the graphics, "Watching the action on Xbox 360, Infinity Ward has created the best-looking Xbox 360 FPS yet.."

http://www.eurogamer...rticle_id=77666

After reading GI's feature on CoD4 last month, this has been a must buy for me!

#111 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5852 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:17 AM

im still pissed theres no tanks or anything in multi. Thats just dumb

#112 Spades22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3189 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Spades22

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:34 AM

im still pissed theres no tanks or anything in multi. Thats just dumb

CoD2 had none and it owned. Not dumb at all XD...though I haven't played CoD3 either.

#113 spoo   Wood for your sheep CAGiversary!   5198 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:38 PM

http://www.gametrail...ayer/20757.html

WOW, screw Halo this winter COD4 looks great!!

#114 ighosty   I just lost the game. CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:48 PM

very nice trailer, nice to know that i will have to pick this up now :)

#115 deadite76   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2002 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:50 PM

Here's another video full of gameplay goodness:

http://www.gametrail...ayer/20749.html

#116 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44134 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:53 PM

Here's another video full of gameplay goodness:

http://www.gametrail...ayer/20749.html

Thanks for reminding me, totally forgot, I had it uploaded to youtube for those who can't access vids.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KBRHXKaavOc

Another "Must Buy" title for me.

#117 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:26 PM

Holy shit. That's insane. Laser sights all over, tracer rounds...it's like Black Hawk Down.

#118 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5852 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:10 PM

It looks good but theres nothing special about it. Battlefield Bad Company looks much better in terms of gameplay

#119 anomynous   Banned Banned   5192 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

anomynous

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:16 PM

looks better than Halo 3

#120 spoo   Wood for your sheep CAGiversary!   5198 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:18 PM

It looks good but theres nothing special about it. Battlefield Bad Company looks much better in terms of gameplay

I'm sure Battlefield BC have better multiplayer but as far as single player campaigns are concerned Battlefield has never been great and BF2 single player was an absolute mess. COD has always had great campaigns worth the price of admission for alone (I haven't played COD3 yet so I can't speak personally about it.)

Apples and oranges, with that said I'm also looking forward to Bad Company.