New game from Katamari creator; GT5 Prologue Oct.; New Loco Roco for PSN!

and suddenly I stopped caring about beautiful katamari...

Glad to hear Loco Roco is confirmed.

All of this PS3 stuff sounds fantastic in the past few days. I hope that we get a game made from a non-game perspective like Katamari originally was.

Notice the Home icon. ;)

Seems like he was playing the game at the event.

Some enviromental interaction finally:
4t7hz78.gif

4v2vt4k.gif

Sega has announced a new exclusive title at the PlayStation Premier event Premier event today in Tokyo with the announcement of an all new games from various companies for the Playstation 3. The game is currently been worked on by the creators of Ryu ga Gotoku (Yazuka) and staff from the Sakura Taisen who will be working together on a new game called called Valkyrie of the Battlefield.

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-52490.aspx

great stuff sony. katamari sequel 1000102 or an original IP by the CREATOR. Microsoft can go buy the name, the Wii can pick up the table scraps from some in house namco team to develop the wii controls for katamari (good luck!), i rather have the intellectual horsepower behind katamari for a brand new playstation 3 vision. Katamari can be dressed up in the finest HD clothes, but the core gameplay is going always be last generation ps2 imagination.

[quote name='Apossum']and suddenly I stopped caring about beautiful katamari...[/QUOTE]
You didn't care in the first place, according to you.

The GT5 gif looks real nice.

And awesome to final see some new WKS anything.

[quote name='mwynn']Sega has announced a new exclusive title at the PlayStation Premier event Premier event today in Tokyo with the announcement of an all new games from various companies for the Playstation 3. The game is currently been worked on by the creators of Ryu ga Gotoku (Yazuka) and staff from the Sakura Taisen who will be working together on a new game called called Valkyrie of the Battlefield.

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-52490.aspx[/QUOTE]
That is nice an all, but how about they just bring Yakuza 2 to the US.

That's all I ask of Sega.

[quote name='whoknows']That is nice an all, but how about they just bring Yakuza 2 to the US.

That's all I ask of Sega.[/QUOTE]

Of course it's not all you ask - once they release that (and I agree, I hope they do too), then we'll be wanting Shenmue III, another Skies of Arcadia, and for them to just abandon the Sonic IP altogether, at least in 3D. :lol:

Now, I recall Katamari's abandoning of Sony for the 360 (and Wii also?) being a big deal; however, does the series even sell well? It's cute, it's quirky, it's very Japanese - but does it even register on the retail radar in the states? Enough to warrant a sequel, sure - but is it a major coup?

[quote name='zewone']You didn't care in the first place, according to you.

The GT5 gif looks real nice.

And awesome to final see some new WKS anything.[/QUOTE]

true, I didn't care much, probably won't buy BKD.

but now it's a complete non-issue. before it had everyone thinking "what's the next game sony will lose" and instead, we get new IP from the creator of KD. which is unspeakably awesome considering his dramatic "i'm making playgrounds now bai" exit.

The guy who made Loco Roco, I thought he said using the SixAxis wouldn't be fun...

>>Here is the quote:

Let's talk theoretically then... Would you be interested in making use of the motion sensing features of the Sixaxis controller, in making a LocoRoco game that works with that?

I actually tried that, and learned that it's quite tiring physically to do this [mimes twisting a Sixaxis left and right] all the time. So I'm brainstorming how to use that feature in a different way, I'm still thinking about it.

I think I'll be able to release that [information] soon; I really want to talk about it, but I can't say yet.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm more happy about the stretch boy game... loco roco will be great as well.

also, a game named elefunk is comming too though I have no idea what it's about:

elefunk425.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/...vert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1

on top of all that don't forget how damn good Wipeout HD looks as well as Everyday Shooter...

also in japan this august Tekken DR will have its online component up![/QUOTE]
Nooooooooo!!

Those elephants are going to FALL!! They could get hurt!

That's it, I'm calling some sort of animal rights group and sending them to Sony.

[quote name='whoknows']That is nice an all, but how about they just bring Yakuza 2 to the US.

That's all I ask of Sega.[/quote]

You ask for that, I'll ask for Yakuza 3! That's what I call teamwork

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm more happy about the stretch boy game... loco roco will be great as well.

also, a game named elefunk is comming too though I have no idea what it's about:

elefunk425.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/...vert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1

on top of all that don't forget how damn good Wipeout HD looks as well as Everyday Shooter...

also in japan this august Tekken DR will have its online component up![/QUOTE]

Looks like a project we did in junior high, making bridges out of balsa wood to see how well we could engineer them to withstand weight.

Yea I coudn't give a crap about Katamari, I really dont see why every one likes that game. But Loco Roco on the other hand is awesome. I'm excited for that.

[quote name='chodax']Yea I coudn't give a crap about Katamari, I really dont see why every one likes that game. But Loco Roco on the other hand is awesome. I'm excited for that.[/QUOTE]

from concept alone, the stretch stretch boy looks amazing. katamari was good when it launched, but now it's gotten too much of the same and the fans kill it for me.

Wasn't sure where to post this but:

GT5:p info:

According to the latest Famitsu mag with an interview with Yamauchi about GT5 Prologue,

+ 2 online race modes in GT5P, one with chat and without.
+ 1080p, of course
+ the HDR lighting in GT5P, for example seen in the realtime pit scene with fluorescent lights (a scene that was prerendered in the GT4 opening), is not possible in other consoles
+ 40 cars probably, and 4 courses / 8 layouts
+ a new course in the GT series will also be in, the one found in the E3 trailer
+ it's possible cars and courses are added later by download, but they'll be free of charge
+ you can buy cars with in-game money. The money you earned can be imported in GT5

bread's done
Back