[REQUEST] Cheapest Zune 30gb ?

I was just at Walmart and the 30gb zune was eithe $229, or $219....I can't remember, but its originally $250 so its a pretty good deal either way.

[quote name='Joystick76']Yeah, I just checked that out online. I'm looking for something around 200 or so.[/QUOTE]
$207 on Amazon.

Dell charges tax in most states afaik. Your best bet is amazon, unless you are looking for a Protection/Service Plan.

I bought mine from BestBuy for 197.99 (Pricematch from CC, July 4th week) + service plan + tax was around ~$240 out the door.

Just $2 more than Amazon's price for him, and they offer all the customization options that Amazon doesn't. It's the only real other alternative he's got at a price that low atm. ;)

well if circuitcity has it for 219 u can probaly use the 40 off 200 deal and get it for 180 plus tax = 196.20 (chicago 9% tax)

[quote name='deneem4']well if circuitcity has it for 219 u can probaly use the 40 off 200 deal and get it for 180 plus tax = 196.20 (chicago 9% tax)[/QUOTE]
I tried it a few weeks ago, didnt work. They scanned it, said it was "invalid"

might wanna wait til sunday to see if there are any ads. Last month, Staples had it for $190. Pricematched it at Best Buy and used a 12% coupon, ended up being $175 after tax.

RadioShack has Zunes at 199.99 in their ad this week. Many are also offering a 10% off discount with a student ID. I checked at a Cleveland location and they aren't at every store including the one I went to but it maybe worth checking into in your area.

[quote name='Magehart']Does the $109.99 one still work from Dell?[/quote]Nope. They killed that not long after it was posted over here. My guess is some shlep at SD or FW ordered about 50 of them and sent up the Red Flags, killing the deal for everyone else.

My order is still pending. Waiting to see what happens.

Does the Zune require some special software to transfer music to it, or can you just drag & drop files? My Sony Vaio is falling apart on me (literally) and the main thing I don't like about it is having to use their software.

^^ Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember hearing that it only works with the Zune software, much like iPod only works with iTunes.

[quote name='Karuto']^^ Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember hearing that it only works with the Zune software, much like iPod only works with iTunes.[/quote]

The Zune software is actually pretty good. Once i installed, i now use it for most of my pc media playing. The interface on the zune itself is great, and makes moving between songs/albums/artists quick and efficient.

It's a good durable player with a sexy durable screen, but i wouldn't recommend paying over $200 for it. Well, I wouldn't recommend more than $200 for any mp3 player.

i was able to cash in on that price error dell deal for 105$ shipped.
its comming in a couple of days.
ill see now good it really is, if i dont like it i'll just stick to my insignia 4gb mp3/video player.

i dont use up too much memory so 30gb dont mean much to me, and i always did like flash memory more compare to HDD memory. if the zune offers no more then just "larger memory" over my insignia i will not keep it.

I personally love my Zune (much more than my ipod). I mainly use it for watching movies at work (were extremely slow - real estate market in FL sucks), but ive also got over 15 gigs of music on it as well. The quality of the video depends on what you are converting from. The software i use takes 20 min for every 30 min video, but i let it run while im at work/asleep so it doesnt bother me. The built in FM tuner is nice for when i get tired of music and just want to listen to the news or something. The wireless sharing is a 'good' feature, it'd be a great one if someone found a way to bypass the 3 listens or 3 days DRM (for those that dont know, songs shared wirelessly can only be listened to 3 times or left on the zune for 3 days before they dissapear).

I'd love to see a instant messenger or some type of wifi games, even wifi pong would be better than nothing. Reading on Zunescene, it seems that the Flash Zune (Draco) has already hit production, the Zune 2 (Scorpio) hit a snag in production, but is looking to start soon. I'm doubting it, but I hope MS still plans on firmware updates with new features for the original once the Scorpio comes out.

[quote name='Bezerker']I personally love my Zune (much more than my ipod). I mainly use it for watching movies at work (were extremely slow - real estate market in FL sucks), but ive also got over 15 gigs of music on it as well. The quality of the video depends on what you are converting from. The software i use takes 20 min for every 30 min video, but i let it run while im at work/asleep so it doesnt bother me. The built in FM tuner is nice for when i get tired of music and just want to listen to the news or something. The wireless sharing is a 'good' feature, it'd be a great one if someone found a way to bypass the 3 listens or 3 days DRM (for those that dont know, songs shared wirelessly can only be listened to 3 times or left on the zune for 3 days before they dissapear).

I'd love to see a instant messenger or some type of wifi games, even wifi pong would be better than nothing. Reading on Zunescene, it seems that the Flash Zune (Draco) has already hit production, the Zune 2 (Scorpio) hit a snag in production, but is looking to start soon. I'm doubting it, but I hope MS still plans on firmware updates with new features for the original once the Scorpio comes out.[/quote]

I think i read on Zune Scene that the scorpio is going to be running on the same firmware as the current one. Thats why we haven't seen many updates because it's going to be on the new ones and available for updating ours then.

Take that with a grain of salt though. "I heard it from some guy on a forum" isnt the best news source. :lol:

I like the Zune also but mine hit a snag a few weeks ago. The Audio Jack went dead and won't play anything. I sent it back to Microsoft and they ae sending me a new one.

I was thinking about using a $40 off coupon at Circuit City to get the Zune for $210 + tax + prp.

Is Zune really much better than the Creative Zen? I'd save $35 if I bought a Zen instead of a Zune...

Isn't the ipod video $250 for the 30gb version? I don't see why anyone would rather have a zune over an ipod unless there totally anti-apple.

[quote name='CYRiX']Isn't the ipod video $250 for the 30gb version? I don't see why anyone would rather have a zune over an ipod unless there totally anti-apple.[/quote]

never owned an ipod. but i will say that zune pass is a selling point for me.

a subscription service for unlimited downloading to your zune sounds much better than 99 cents per song

bread's done
Back