Funny Wii Fit Parody by Sarcastic Gamer.

Saw this on Attack of the Show a couple mins ago.
It's pretty funny and got me thinking about Wii Fit...
Still, I'm in for one when they come out. :]

I can't believe people are so hypnotized by Nintendo that they buy this crap. Bring on the real games, and cut out all these pathetic, extra perhiperal, gimmicky "games."

It was funny at first, but then kinda sucked since the entire thing was just the guy saying what people were doing as the names of games. Clearly they didn't have an entire trailer worth of material there.

Man that was hilarious. I hope that Wiifit will be the first game to take advantage of the board and that other more exciting games will be coming. But for the moment that about sums up my feelings.

Still, isn't excercise basically "doing mundane things"?
It's an easier way for some people to start, and eventually do, real work outs.

...though I doubt it.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I can't believe people are so hypnotized by Nintendo that they buy this crap. Bring on the real games, and cut out all these pathetic, extra perhiperal, gimmicky "games."[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself. I can't help but feel that sooner or later, Nintendo will stop make Zelda and Mario and work on crap like Wii Dance, Wii Gardening, Wii Table Manners, and Wii Sit. The only time we'll see Mario or Link will be in Wii Plumbing and Wii Horse.

Hilarious.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I can't believe people are so hypnotized by Nintendo that they buy this crap. Bring on the real games, and cut out all these pathetic, extra perhiperal, gimmicky "games."[/quote]
Wii Fit isn't being marketed to you, or me, or other gamers like us. Obviously we're going to look at it and go "Pshh! This is whack yo, I want to play a game with big titties and explosions!" I see nothing wrong with there being games that appeal to other demographics, don't be so selfish Chris.

[quote name='yukine']Hilarious.

I want to play a game with big titties and explosions!" [/quote]

Actually Nintendo's waiting for the WiiGrab peripheral to release the new Plastic Surgeon Center :bow:

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I can't believe people are so hypnotized by Nintendo that they buy this crap. Bring on the real games, and cut out all these pathetic, extra perhiperal, gimmicky "games."[/QUOTE]
They're not going to do this. They're making too much money off of the old people now.

[quote name='yukine']
I see nothing wrong with there being games that appeal to other demographics
[/quote]

I agree.

I actually received an IM from my wife yesterday morning. Here's what it said:

We got the Wii for Xmas for the entire family. My son and I are the only ones who really play it. The only thing my wife has played is bowling and Rayman (she likes the dancing part). I'm more than happy to have titles like these that she actually wants... perhaps it will engage her to play more traditional games.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I can't believe people are so hypnotized by Nintendo that they buy this crap. Bring on the real games, and cut out all these pathetic, extra perhiperal, gimmicky "games."[/quote]

Yeah, I forgot that all Nintendo is releasing this year is gimmicky extra peripheral games like:

Mario Strikers
Metroid Prime 3
Battalion Wars 2
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Where are the gimmicky games from Nintendo again?

Besides Wii Fit, which doesn't even come out this year and BBA: Wii Degree, I haven't seen a whole lot of "non-games" from Nintendo for the Wii. It's the 3rd parties that are releasing the majority of non-games, not Nintendo.

Do you, or do you not understand that it has always been Nintendo's intention to use the Wii for more than just traditional "games"?

Anyways, that video was fucking dumb and not funny. I mean, wow, describing all the activities in WiiFit literally! Comedy gold!

Also, ALL "angry gamer" and "jaded gamer" and "sarcastic gamer" and whatnot shit sites like that SUCK DICK.

[quote name='SpazX']It was funny at first, but then kinda sucked since the entire thing was just the guy saying what people were doing as the names of games. Clearly they didn't have an entire trailer worth of material there.[/quote]
That's how about how boring the actual Wii Fit is going to be.

Funny trailer.

I enjoyed the line about kids liking nothing better than a good graph or chart. It lost some steam throughout, but it was still a funny take on it I thought.

i'm sorry, but i don't find the video funny at all... hell, the only sarcasim i picked up was the Ikea reference.

isn't that the purpose of the Wii? To think outside of the box? WiiGardening actually sounds like a good idea to me as long as they make it educational that it.

The one part of this I thought was funny was the hoola-hooping (the one thing from the actual trailer I find to be silly). Mainly because it didn't resort to titling the game after the literal action like the others.

i thought it was entertaining. but it bugs me. if you're a gamer, then you should have known that there would be very few worthwhile games for nearly a year. if you didn't know, you didn't do you're homework.

by the end of the year i'll own strikers, metroid prime, galaxy, and brawl. i'll also be looking into batallion wars, mercury meltdown, zack and wiki, and nights.

pretty funny - the ikea thing gave me a chuckle. But really - me and my wife will definitely be getting it. She's really looking forward to it. We both put in a probably over a hundred hours with Yourself Fitness back on the xbox and even if it had it's issues it wasn't a bad light/moderate workout. We are hoping this is going to be decent light workout material. She's big into the yoga and power yoga thing right now so hopefully it'll have some decent yoga stuff in it.

bread's done
Back