Tricky Dick Rides Again?

MrBadExample

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thieves hit Democratic Party offices; computers containing sensitive data removed

By ROBIN ERB
BLADE STAFF WRITER

Thieves shattered a side window overnight at Lucas County Democratic headquarters in Toledo, stealing computers with sensitive campaign information and triggering concern of the local party's ability to deliver crucial votes on Nov. 2.

Among the data on the stolen computer of the party's office manager were: e-mails discussing campaign strategy, candidates' schedules, financial information, and phone numbers of party members, candidates, donors, and volunteers.

Also taken were computers belonging to Lucas County Commissioner Tina Skeldon Wozniak and to a Texas attorney working with the Kerry/Edwards presidential campaign to ensure election security.

At Democratic headquarters, officials stopped short of publicly blaming partisan politics, but at the same time, they all but ruled out run-of-the-mill criminals.

Two other computers, holding less sensitive information, were untouched, as were a petty cash box that usually holds $80 to $100, televisions, portable radios, and other electronics. Moreover, other offices inside the building, 1817 Madison Ave., were not entered. Files, papers, and pamphlets remained in neat piles, and campaign signs leaned, apparently undisturbed, against a wall.

"They knew what they wanted," Mr. Chabler said, calling the incident a 'third-rate burglary,' " a not-so-subtle reference to the break-in at National Democratic Committee offices in 1972 that began the Watergate scandal that eventually led to the President Nixon's resignation.

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2004410130378

This isn't exactly hot news. There was a report of a republican party office being burglarized and a bunch of laptops being stolen about a week ago as well.

[quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='RedvsBlue']I originally heard it on the radio so I had to google it http://www.komotv.com/stories/33333.htm[/quote]

Yep, that's pretty disgusting too.[/quote]

so now you are the idiot. A typical dem who thinks the repubs are the cause of everything. You slander them, and dont even realise the same thing was done to them.

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='RedvsBlue']I originally heard it on the radio so I had to google it http://www.komotv.com/stories/33333.htm[/quote]

so now you are the idiot. A typical dem who thinks the repubs are the cause of everything. You slander them, and dont even realise the same thing was done to them.[/quote]

Ahh, BigNick, I could never take that title from you.

Unlike your president, I acknowledge new facts when they come in and I called the second story just as bad as the first.

[quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='BigNick'][quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='RedvsBlue']I originally heard it on the radio so I had to google it http://www.komotv.com/stories/33333.htm[/quote]

so now you are the idiot. A typical dem who thinks the repubs are the cause of everything. You slander them, and dont even realise the same thing was done to them.[/quote]

Unlike your president, I acknowledge new facts when they come in and I called the second story just as bad as the first.[/quote]

No you didn't, if you did you have posted this story about a week ago when I and lots of others first heard of crooks targeting campaign offices for both parties. These aren't really new facts, and you didn't acknowledge the 1st incidents. Instead you just discovered one report that favors you political view and ran with it. Apparently you didn't even look into the subject or anything.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell'][quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='BigNick'][quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='RedvsBlue']I originally heard it on the radio so I had to google it http://www.komotv.com/stories/33333.htm[/quote]

Unlike your president, I acknowledge new facts when they come in and I called the second story just as bad as the first.[/quote]

No you didn't, if you did you have posted this story about a week ago when I and lots of others first heard of crooks targeting campaign offices for both parties. These aren't really new facts, and you didn't acknowledge the 1st incidents. Instead you just discovered one report that favors you political view and ran with it. Apparently you didn't even look into the subject or anything.[/quote]

pwn3d.jpg

If he hadn't heard of the first incidents how could he acknowledge them then? And then maybe he did come across this first. He asked to see the article and pointed out he was really interested in it. Then he acknowledged it as a negative even of equal severity.

While it's obvious from his avatar he's not a Bush supporter, I think you're painting of him is unfair.

And on to the reason why I really posted, the return of Nixon in Futurama is one of the greatest political satires ever!

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell'][quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='BigNick'][quote name='MrBadExample'][quote name='RedvsBlue']I originally heard it on the radio so I had to google it http://www.komotv.com/stories/33333.htm[/quote]

No you didn't, if you did you have posted this story about a week ago when I and lots of others first heard of crooks targeting campaign offices for both parties. These aren't really new facts, and you didn't acknowledge the 1st incidents. Instead you just discovered one report that favors you political view and ran with it. Apparently you didn't even look into the subject or anything.[/quote]

You're becoming nearly as great of a troll as PAD.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']No you didn't, if you did you have posted this story about a week ago when I and lots of others first heard of crooks targeting campaign offices for both parties. These aren't really new facts, and you didn't acknowledge the 1st incidents. Instead you just discovered one report that favors you political view and ran with it. Apparently you didn't even look into the subject or anything.[/quote]

I thought it was clear that I hadn't heard about the break-ins at Republican campaign offices and when I did read about it, I said they were just as bad. I'm no entomologist, but if I were you, I'd get someone to check out that bug up your skirt.

I am so fucking sick of this "well the other side does it" and "if you dont think that the other side does it you are a fool" defenses.

Investigate and prosecute EVERYONE that engages in this type of activity. Stop making excuses. Stop sticking your fucking head in the sand.

Both parties should clean up our election process and make it stand for something. How can we extoll the virtues of democracy around the globe when we can't get it straight at home?

[quote name='Elrod']I am so shaq-fuing sick of this "well the other side does it" and "if you dont think that the other side does it you are a fool" defenses.

Investigate and prosecute EVERYONE that engages in this type of activity. Stop making excuses. Stop sticking your shaq-fuing head in the sand.

Both parties should clean up our election process and make it stand for something. How can we extoll the virtues of democracy around the globe when we can't get it straight at home?[/quote]

Very nicely said.

You know what I find the funniest part about this whole thing is that 7 minutes after I made my post about this happening at a republican office MrBadExample edited his post. See I thought something was wierd because I could have sworn that he made mention, before the edit, that this was just a sleazy thing for the republicans to break into a democratic party office. See that's what pushed me into action to make my first post. Now the original post makes it seem all oh just look at this news, not the republicans are evil for breaking into democratic party offices.

Man what a backlash over my comments. A great as troll as PAD?? That kinda hurts...I don't know what I've done to recieve that kind of comment. This whole forum is created to express opinion and I do that with rarely ever the same jackass attitude as PAD uses. I may have thrown out a couple harsh criticism or comments, but rarely has anyone in this forum not. Not to mention the fact that, unlike a handful of people from this forum, I am actually quite active outside this forum giving my opinions and doing my best to offer my brand of insight. But if you think I'm a troll then may it be so, but I guess I'm a troll on every forum.

As for what I said, it may have a bit overly critical and on the offensive, but it still rang quite true. Taking a whole 5 seconds to type in "campaign office break-ins" on a search engine will yield many results of this activity occuring to republican offices well before you posted this story and even before the story was written. It was on MSNBC and CNN at least a day before you made this topic...Hell it's even mentioned in the damn article that you linked!

"It's wrong," said Chris Vance, chairman of the Republican Party in Washington State, where intruders have stolen or attempted to steal computers from at least two campaign offices recently. "It's not how Americans conduct their elections."

That right there kind of refutes your agruent about "new facts" doesn't it? You said "I acknowledge new facts" yeah you do, but these were NOT new facts..,you see a new fact you be something that wasn't obvious to everyone (including your source) prior to you posting this.

You tried to pass it off as if it was only one parties problem, when it's clear that is wasn't. And while I agree with some of what Elrod, saying both parties have this problem wasn't the point of my post. It was to point out that you are trying to pass what you did off as some kind of balanced action, when it was obvious it wasn't. Don't be like Fox News and try to act "fair & balanced" when you know you are not doing it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You know what I find the funniest part about this whole thing is that 7 minutes after I made my post about this happening at a republican office MrBadExample edited his post. See I thought something was wierd because I could have sworn that he made mention, before the edit, that this was just a sleazy thing for the republicans to break into a democratic party office. See that's what pushed me into action to make my first post. Now the original post makes it seem all oh just look at this news, not the republicans are evil for breaking into democratic party offices.[/quote]

Sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble but I never had any personal comments on the story in the original post. I edited the OP once because I screwed up making the headline bold (if you'll notice I screwed that up again later in the story) and I edited the second time because I forgot to include the link to the original article.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Man what a backlash over my comments. A great as troll as PAD?? That kinda hurts...I don't know what I've done to recieve that kind of comment. This whole forum is created to express opinion and I do that with rarely ever the same jackass attitude as PAD uses. I may have thrown out a couple harsh criticism or comments, but rarely has anyone in this forum not. Not to mention the fact that, unlike a handful of people from this forum, I am actually quite active outside this forum giving my opinions and doing my best to offer my brand of insight. But if you think I'm a troll then may it be so, but I guess I'm a troll on every forum.

As for what I said, it may have a bit overly critical and on the offensive, but it still rang quite true. Taking a whole 5 seconds to type in "campaign office break-ins" on a search engine will yield many results of this activity occuring to republican offices well before you posted this story and even before the story was written. It was on MSNBC and CNN at least a day before you made this topic...Hell it's even mentioned in the damn article that you linked!

"It's wrong," said Chris Vance, chairman of the Republican Party in Washington State, where intruders have stolen or attempted to steal computers from at least two campaign offices recently. "It's not how Americans conduct their elections."

That right there kind of refutes your agruent about "new facts" doesn't it? You said "I acknowledge new facts" yeah you do, but these were NOT new facts..,you see a new fact you be something that wasn't obvious to everyone (including your source) prior to you posting this.

You tried to pass it off as if it was only one parties problem, when it's clear that is wasn't. And while I agree with some of what Elrod, saying both parties have this problem wasn't the point of my post. It was to point out that you are trying to pass what you did off as some kind of balanced action, when it was obvious it wasn't. Don't be like Fox News and try to act "fair & balanced" when you know you are not doing it.[/quote]

Duo Maxwell, you have some sort of reading deficiency. Contrary to some people's opinion, I never had any of my personal comments in the original post. I had not heard of the Republican break-ins before I posted. Once I did, it was a "new" fact to me and I acknowledged it and corrected it. Nowhere have I said that Republicans are all to blame. I saw the article, thought it was newsworthy and wanted to pass it along. You'll forgive me if I don't do intensive research into every post. I report, you decide. :lol:

bread's done
Back