Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

Obligatory I heard "Sonic/Mega Man/Little Mac/Gordon Freeman/Master Chief/Jesus post was in the game" post.

Also, from my understanding "da whoop" has officially been "shooped".

I wonder if there's any advantage/disadvantage to using zero-suit Samus. Also, I wonder if when you die if you come back with or without your armor.

Since you can only use a final smash once I would assume you remain in the Zero Suit after you die. And then if you start a new round/match you would return to the old yellow wonder.

[quote name='seanr1221']I wonder if there's any advantage/disadvantage to using zero-suit Samus. Also, I wonder if when you die if you come back with or without your armor.[/quote]

Its got to be a disadvantage, or samus will be the best character in the game. Have an awesome move that kills to then get to even a better level? Doesn;t make sense.

I heard that not only is Little Mac in SSBB, but he can pick up and wear the Power Suit after it falls off and become Little Samac, and gets the Phazon Uppercut ability.

He's the only one who can do that, though. =^u.u^=

[quote name='help1']Its got to be a disadvantage, or samus will be the best character in the game. Have an awesome move that kills to then get to even a better level? Doesn;t make sense.[/quote]

You can only use the final smash once, so it's not like that would make her above and beyond the best.

So what is the CAG consensus on the apparent news that Zero Suit Samus is not a distinct character, but just an altered state for regular old Samus? Good? Bad? Merely interesting?

I'm kind of glad she's not a distinct character (assuming that turns out to be true), if only because it leaves room for another playable character. But I know a lot of fanboys are going to be upset.

Next we'll find out that Snake is an assist trophy.

[quote name='Kyattsuai']I heard that not only is Little Mac in SSBB, but he can pick up and wear the Power Suit after it falls off and become Little Samac, and gets the Phazon Uppercut ability.

He's the only one who can do that, though. =^u.u^=[/QUOTE]

Pink Jumpsuit Little Mac will pwn all though.

[quote name='evilmax17']If you watch the video, it appears that chozo-suit Samus performs a Final Smash (huge laser blast), which blows her armor off. I'd be willing to bet that this is how it will work in the game. Abnormally powerful Final Smash, but it leaves her weaker for the rest of the round.[/quote]
Called it.

This probably means that there are other things to find in the trailers. I'd be willing to bet that Wario's final smash is the fart mushroom cloud, and kirby's is that he cooks you in the pot.

I wonder if Zero Samus will really be weaker than regular Samus, or if we'll have a Shiek situation on our hands.

[quote name='evilmax17']Called it.

This probably means that there are other things to find in the trailers. I'd be willing to bet that Wario's final smash is the fart mushroom cloud, and kirby's is that he cooks you in the pot.[/QUOTE]

i thought those two were pretty obvious

Samus has always been my favorite... but I dunno about Zero Suit Samus. If she's anything like Sheik then I'll be sad because Shiek was a pain to control/use. I don't care if she's weaker/faster as long as she doesn't handle like Shiek.

I thought there was a thread for this??

Anyways, the Samus final smash is SHWEET! Cant wait to play this game!

Its getting so indepth and cool.

Yeah, I'm hoping this doesn't mess up how Samus plays at all since she's my main. Should be fine though... since that's a big fuckin' beam.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I thought there was a thread for this??

Anyways, the Samus final smash is SHWEET! Cant wait to play this game!

Its getting so indepth and cool.[/QUOTE]

There was, but that one hit 1k posts so it was time to make a new one. I was too lazy to update the OP so I handed Dr. Mario Kart the rights to make the new one :)

And what a fine thread it is.

Even though I don't even use Samus as a main, I'm still curious to this ZSS thing. If it IS the only way to play as ZSS, then it looks like items will more than likely useable in tournaments, which is AWESOME because I love items.

I wonder now how common the final smash orbs are going to be, especially considering how a new character only appears after finding one. Surely they wouldn't hype a character from the beginning that can only be used once every 10 or 20 fights.

Any idea if this Final Smash effects permanent for the match or just that life? Like, say you use it and you're left as ZS Samus and you die. When you re-spawn, do you return as armored Samus or ZS Samus?

[quote name='Strell']If you're not doing NUTS when you're using Samus, you fucking fail.[/quote]

NUTS?

I'm a Doc and Toadstool player all the way. Unless the disc in the system begins with M and ends with etroid Prime, then I ain't touching Samus.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I dunno. She's pretty damn good at recovering, what with bomb jumps and her Extendo-Chain.[/quote]first time i showed my friend that easter egg he was complaining that it was a glitch, then i handed him his butt on a platter and we haven't played since ;)

[quote name='RollingSkull']NUTS?
[/QUOTE]

She has this jump kick, and whenever my friend plays with her, that is ALL he fucking does. And for some odd reason it is incredibly effective.

One day he started yelling out NUTS! whenever doing this, so now whenever we play, I just end up laughing my ass off because every few seconds I'm watching someone get NUTS!'d to death.

[quote name='Vinny']Any idea if this Final Smash effects permanent for the match or just that life? Like, say you use it and you're left as ZS Samus and you die. When you re-spawn, do you return as armored Samus or ZS Samus?[/quote]

The idea occured to me while I was driving to work that maybe this would be how to unlock Zero Suit Samus as a usable character; to find a final smash for normal Samus and then after that ZS would be usable.

[quote name='maigoyume']first time i showed my friend that easter egg he was complaining that it was a glitch, then i handed him his butt on a platter and we haven't played since ;)[/quote]Then make sure not to tell him that the extended grab can't snatch people in mid-air. ;)

[quote name='Strell']She has this jump kick, and whenever my friend plays with her, that is ALL he fucking does. And for some odd reason it is incredibly effective.

One day he started yelling out NUTS! whenever doing this, so now whenever we play, I just end up laughing my ass off because every few seconds I'm watching someone get NUTS!'d to death.[/quote] Yeah, her jump kick has WAY too much priority. Like her foot is a seperate entity, or some shit.

The only time me or my friends shout out names while playing, it's when we're playing as Ganon. We named most of his moves one day. Now his down+a in the air is the "Chicago Kick," because that shit'll send your ass to the windy city.

It should work in the way that it's an instant, unstoppable kill (for anyone in the blast zone), but for the rest of the *ENTIRE* match you're ZS and she's uber weak. Excellent trade-off. As for the Smash orbs, they should normally appear as often as the Hammer, but you can adjust the frequency (as well as turn it off).

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']I always found Samus to be pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

Really? I always though Falco or Fox were the cheap ones.

Me, I'm a Jigglypuff player. He better be back. If they cut him to add the dude from Sim City I'm going to be ever so pissed.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']The key thing to remember when fighting Falco is that he just dies if you crack him off the stage at around 50%.[/quote]for a bird he friggin drops like a brick, fun fact: fox clipped his wings while he was sleeping, and his blaster weighs a metric ton

[quote name='maigoyume']for a bird he friggin drops like a brick, fun fact: fox clipped his wings while he was sleeping, and his blaster weighs a metric ton[/quote]Of course! Why didn't I think of that? :D

Well, since there's no more reasons for me to hope for Deoxys as a playable character, it looks like I have to put my hopes on either Mewtwo to return, or maybe Lucario to make a showoffy appearance.

[quote name='Mr. Beef'] maybe Lucario to make a showoffy appearance.[/quote]oh that would be ALL SORTS OF AWESOME, UBER AWESOME even, he'd probably be like captain falcon on crack in terms of speed

if he was in the game, he'd come out and would be like
ani-phoenix-sweats.gif
then if you hit him, he'll do a turnabout and
ani-phoenix-points.gif
your face o_O

I am interested in how Zero Suit Samus is handled. They did put Zero Suit Samus as her own character, and not just a thing under Samus.

It'll make me sad if this is the only way to play her. And I'm not a big Samus user in the first place.

[quote name='EXStrike']It'll make me sad if this is the only way to play her. And I'm not a big Samus user in the first place.[/quote]
I'm sure there'll be a way to start with ZS Samus, like you could hold B to start as Shiek in SSBM.

We're basically getting two characters for the price of one, without having to sacrifice a move like with the Zelda/Shiek transformation. Not a bad deal.

Since they made her her own character slot (from what I'm hearing), my guess is that she'll be unlocked after using Samus' final smash. I assume she wouldn't have her own character slot, and she would be selected in somewhat the same fashion as Shiek was.

[quote name='maigoyume']oh that would be ALL SORTS OF AWESOME, UBER AWESOME even, he'd probably be like captain falcon on crack in terms of speed[/quote]Hells yeah, just throwing Aura Spheres all over the place in his MC Hammer pants.

bread's done
Back