Bully on the 360 and wii

ryanbph

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Rockstar Games announces Bully: Scholarship Edition for the Xbox 360[SIZE=-1]™[/SIZE] and Wii[SIZE=-1]™[/SIZE]

New York, NY - July 19, 2007 - Rockstar Games is proud to announce that Bully: Scholarship Edition is coming to the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo this Winter.

Both the Wii and Xbox 360 versions will retain the wit and deep gameplay of the previously released PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system title and will boast additional new content. Bully: Scholarship Edition takes place in the fictional New England boarding school of Bullworth Academy, and tells the story of 15-year-old Jimmy Hopkins as he experiences the highs and lows of adjusting to a new school. Capturing the hilarity and awkwardness of adolescence perfectly, Bully: Scholarship Edition pulls the player into its cinematic and engrossing world. Universally acclaimed upon first release, Bully: Scholarship Edition is a genre-crossing action game with a warmth and pathos that is unrivaled.

Bully received a perfect "10/10" from Electronic Gaming Monthly and 1up.com and was heralded as "a great, well-crafted action game that has one of the best senses of humor around" by IGN.com. USA Today called it "a fantastic debut title by Rockstar Vancouver." The San Francisco Chronicle wrote "Bully has no shortage of creative energy, offering an immersive boarding school experience that is imaginative, funny and filled with surprises."

Come and explore the zealous joy, mirth, and torment of youth with Jimmy Hopkins and Bully: Scholarship Edition when enrollment commences this Winter.

For more information about Bully: Scholarship Edition please visit http://www.rockstargames.com/bully/home/

http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=255607

Unless there is a lot of additional conent I don't see what the point is. I'd rather see them spend whatever effort they spend on this making a Bully 2. Bully was okay, but I didn't think the story was as strong as other people felt since the dialouge was just akward in some places. Hopefully they'll at least fix some of the glitches in the final mission of the game.

Without substantial additional content I also can't imagine paying $60 for the game. Although ConSUMO was fun.

YEAH!

I actually re-bought a PS2 so I could play this game -- Good times; great game!

Awesome game. I can't wait.

Yeah, the original's plot was wonky and about one in ten of the story dialogue lines went over like a lead balloon, but it delivered the awesome where it counts, along with plenty of good old fashioned charming situations.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Yeah, the original's plot was wonky and about one in ten of the story dialogue lines went over like a lead balloon[/QUOTE]
I wholeheartedly disagree.

Best part? Punching a girl, shoving her in a locker, escaping from the prefects, and then making out with some random jock(ZOMG TEH GHEY SEX?!). Also, the musical score was pretty fantastic.

Awesome. I loved this game but they really need to beef up the graphics for a 360 release. I won't even consider getting it for the Wii since I played it on PS2 already.

[quote name='kensterdotnet']How would that happen??[/quote]

Because of the popularity of the Wii you can throw anything onto it for 50 dollars and it will sell.

Ive got a better idea. They should make a mario cameo in a special edition for the Wii version. They should also include a deck of playing cards, a lighter, 2 dodgeballs, commentary on the game, and they should send the game in a ziplock bag.
MSRP you ask? 129.99
Eat that HALO 3.

[quote name='KingBroly']Wii version should be $30, 360 version $40.[/quote]

Other way around, it is easier to overcharge wii owners since the majority of them dont know any better.

[quote name='InuFaye']Other way around, it is easier to overcharge wii owners since the majority of them dont know any better.[/QUOTE]

You mean like us 360 owners who pay $60 when the pc version is $40? 360 controllers work on pc and games for windows are starting to come out and have achievement points....

I did miss out on this on ps2 so i might give it a play through on 360.

[quote name='Weedy649']You mean like us 360 owners who pay $60 when the pc version is $40? 360 controllers work on pc and games for windows are starting to come out and have achievement points....

I did miss out on this on ps2 so i might give it a play through on 360.[/quote]

I bought them on the pc, thanks.

I shouted with joy when I heard this news, Bully was one of my favourite PS2 games and I cannot wait to play it on my 360.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']Well just because it says it doesn't make it true, hope it is though! :D[/QUOTE]
To clarify: "Winter" doesn't mean "before Christmas".

[quote name='mykevermin']Judgment reserved until screenshots appear.[/QUOTE]
Why? This is a fucking PS2 game for Christ's sake, using the San Andreas engine! It's not going to look good, and why would the graphics matter on this title, anyways?

Hopefully this game releases at $30 at most.

This (along with Okami) was a game I had wanted to check out on the PS2 but never did. What game would you compare this to in style, gameplay, etc.? I remember everyone was up in arms calling in GTA at a school, but from what I understand, that's not what it was at all.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Why? This is a fucking PS2 game for Christ's sake, using the San Andreas engine! It's not going to look good, and why would the graphics matter on this title, anyways?[/QUOTE]

Screenshots and content, of course. If it's a shiny version of the same game on PS2, I'll pass on it. If there's substantial added content, then I'll buy it (when it is cheaper).

An example of how graphics can be cleaned up include WWE SvR 2007. IIRC, the 360 version uses wrestlers with the same poly count as the PS2 version, albeit with much higher res textures (other elements, such as the crowd, were upgraded for the 360). It was a faster process to build the game for the PS2 and improve it slightly for the 360, evidently. Nevertheless, it was a good looking game by 360 standards.

So, it very well can look good. Not up to par with 360 game standards, perhaps, but, hey, Vampire Rain sure looked like hell to me and was never a PS2 game (so it's not as if ports/updates have the market cornered for crummy games).

very interested in this game, but not at full price. $30 even still seems high to me for an old ps2 port with possibly upgraded visuals.

[quote name='mykevermin']Judgment reserved until screenshots appear.[/QUOTE]

Same here, but at least I no longer have a want to finish the PS2 version.

Daroga, Bully is like GTA, only instead of fucking shit up in a city as a thug, you get to run around and do schoolyard brand of fucking shit up. Go to class, duck prefects, slingshots, bottle rockets, etc (And, of course, a lengthy and varied story mode that has you doing everything from egging houses to taking a girl on a carnival date). Aside from the cast of characters being members of a school (With every student being a unique, named, and identifiable person... even if you don't interact with them more than saying "Hi," making out with them, or roughing them up.) and the mix of The Warriors with shooter-style kids gadgets, Bully plays out like a typical Rockstar product. Only the charm of running around in a school setting balances out the flaws better than the average GTA. I love it, and I'd say it is definitely worth picking up, but I can also see people who hate (Not just 'are sick of,' just plain really, really don't like) the GTA formula not liking Bully. Still, on the whole, give it a go. I think you'll like it.

Thank you, Rockstar!

My PS2 is dead to me and I actually wanted to play Bully. I'll totally get this on day one for the 360.

[quote name='daroga']This (along with Okami) was a game I had wanted to check out on the PS2 but never did. What game would you compare this to in style, gameplay, etc.? I remember everyone was up in arms calling in GTA at a school, but from what I understand, that's not what it was at all.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much GTA-light. Some of the missions feel like they were taken from the GTA games and just redone with the school setting. For example, there's an on rails part in San Andreas where you are in a car shooting at the cops who are chasing you. In Bully a similar on rails part is done with you on the back of a bike shooting a slingshot at other kids who are chasing you. Pretty much take some of the mission structure from the GTA games, some of the brawling controls from The Warriors, put it into a school setting with some fun mini-games and you've got Bully.

[quote name='whiptcracker']It's pretty much GTA-light. Some of the missions feel like they were taken from the GTA games and just redone with the school setting. For example, there's an on rails part in San Andreas where you are in a car shooting at the cops who are chasing you. In Bully a similar on rails part is done with you on the back of a bike shooting a slingshot at other kids who are chasing you. Pretty much take some of the mission structure from the GTA games, some of the brawling controls from The Warriors, put it into a school setting with some fun mini-games and you've got Bully.[/quote]

I see where you're going with this, But I finished the PS2 version and it doesn't feel like GTA.

I bought the original around the time of release its an awesome game. I feel was overlooked game. When I bought my copy my local EB even had a the Collectors edition which came with a dodgeball I wish I would have bought it.

bread's done
Back