Found a complete copy of IQ for $19 today

[quote name='Cmosfm']I just picked up one Wednesday for 5 bucks! :)[/QUOTE]

You bastard!

we both got super lucky. :)

A kid traded in a 007 game on PS1.. I opened the next day, was processing trades and found a copy of IQ behind the 007 game disc. I had to blink a few times to make sure I was reading it right.

I got a loose copy for $1 earlier this year. I usually avoid loose PSX games but I figured this was worth the exception. And as it turned out, I was right. One of the best PSX games ever.

I found all of your moms in bed, for free. or something.

just saying that since you all found cheaper copies :p

I hate you fucking lucky bastards, since I kept putting off buying this before it became hard to find. And now, every time I get an offer for it, it's for Ebay price or close.

I absolutely REFUSE to play into the 'it's hard to find, so it's worth more' bullshit. If you get it off CL for $10 or so, then sell it for $15, do a good deed for once, instead of being a Fleabay loving prick.

Sorry, just so annoyed since someone on here offered me a copy earlier this week for a 'mere' $40. I could get it locally from the one shop that has it in their case for that without dealing with 'is the disc in good shape or not'.

It just pisses me off that so many(even on here now) troll CL looking for deals, only to take those deals that people don't know what they're selling and turn around and Fleabay the damned things.

There are actual people who would want to actually PLAY these games, not just go 'this goes for good $$$ on Fleabay'.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I hate you fucking lucky bastards, since I kept putting off buying this before it became hard to find. And now, every time I get an offer for it, it's for Ebay price or close.

I absolutely REFUSE to play into the 'it's hard to find, so it's worth more' bullshit. If you get it off CL for $10 or so, then sell it for $15, do a good deed for once, instead of being a Fleabay loving prick.

Sorry, just so annoyed since someone on here offered me a copy earlier this week for a 'mere' $40. I could get it locally from the one shop that has it in their case for that without dealing with 'is the disc in good shape or not'.

It just pisses me off that so many(even on here now) troll CL looking for deals, only to take those deals that people don't know what they're selling and turn around and Fleabay the damned things.

There are actual people who would want to actually PLAY these games, not just go 'this goes for good $$$ on Fleabay'.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to play it.

then be a flea bay prick and sell it.

$40 was a good deal. Should've hopped on it.

[quote name='Apossum']
$40 was a good deal. Should've hopped on it.[/quote]

Bah, there's no way in HELL I'm ever paying $40 for a game I'll play through, then probably even forget I have till I look through my collection again. I keep hoping beyond all hope that once they finally get their acts together and consolidate the local dump stores from GS that they'll find some decent games they missed and just put them out for regular gamers to buy, not the fuckin hoarders that cleaned out every dump store I've found thus far.

[quote name='tarouza']i picked up one for ten on CL the other day[/quote]

And wanted to sell ME it for fuckin $40. Thanks alot pal, now I know another Fleabay prick to never talk to again.

Sorry for the rudeness and all, but I just get so pissed at people who try and flip shit like this, that I'm sure the sellers knew nothing about.

I've actually alerted a few CLers with harder to find games that even if they're in shit condition, to up the price to something ridiculous to make hoarders/fleabay scumbags have to actually negotiate on a real level to get them.

But, if their attitude is 'i just want it gone', then so be it, but don't sit here and try to 'give' it to me for 4x what you paid. I'm not on CheapAssGamer for nothing, ya know.

i am a CAG for a reason too, if i can pick up a valuable game cheap and sell it to buy myself something i want more i would much rather pay 10 bucks for a game and sell it for 40-50 then pay 40-50 for a game. there have been a good 15-20 IQ's that sold for 60-70 in the last few weeks. last i checked 40 was a lot less then 60-70.

[quote name='tarouza']i am a CAG for a reason too, if i can pick up a valuable game cheap and sell it to buy myself something i want more i would much rather pay 10 bucks for a game and sell it for 40-50 then pay 40-50 for a game. there have been a good 15-20 IQ's that sold for 60-70 in the last few weeks. last i checked 40 was a lot less then 60-70.[/quote]

But, I'm still a CAG too and I'm here for CHEAP games, say it with me: CHEAP GAMES!!! If I wanted to pay a bit off Ebay price, like I said, I'd go to the local shop and pay them the $40 instead of having to deal with 'well, it's worth more than that to me, so lemme have your first born and 2 pints of your blood for it, then we have a deal'.

It's like the people who say 'I'm getting rid of XYZ and ABC guides or games, make an offer'. Then, you make an offer and 'it's a lowball offer, I need to take into account for gas, my time, the positioning of the fuckin moon, etc, etc, etc'.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I've flipped games before, but just to retail stores and still for alot less than Fleabay pricing. What truly gets me is that people who buy these games get them, some sell them initially without playing them even and in the end many times, NO ONE ends up playing them since they're constantly RE-sold by Fleabayers.

To sum this all up in a couple words: I don't give a fuck what Ebay says this shit is worth, I know what it's worth to me. If you care, good for you, you profiteer, more power to ya, but you aren't getting MY cash.

Pardon my french folks, but it just irritates me to no end that people say 'it gets this amount on Fleabay, so this price is 'fair'. Well, if it gets THAT price on Ebay and you're offering me it for four times what you paid, then fuckin Ebay it and don't even offer me in the first place.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But, I'm still a CAG too and I'm here for CHEAP games, say it with me: CHEAP GAMES!!! If I wanted to pay a bit off Ebay price, like I said, I'd go to the local shop and pay them the $40 instead of having to deal with 'well, it's worth more than that to me, so lemme have your first born and 2 pints of your blood for it, then we have a deal'.

It's like the people who say 'I'm getting rid of XYZ and ABC guides or games, make an offer'. Then, you make an offer and 'it's a lowball offer, I need to take into account for gas, my time, the positioning of the fuckin moon, etc, etc, etc'.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I've flipped games before, but just to retail stores and still for alot less than Fleabay pricing. What truly gets me is that people who buy these games get them, some sell them initially without playing them even and in the end many times, NO ONE ends up playing them since they're constantly RE-sold by Fleabayers.

To sum this all up in a couple words: I don't give a fuck what Ebay says this shit is worth, I know what it's worth to me. If you care, good for you, you profiteer, more power to ya, but you aren't getting MY cash.

Pardon my french folks, but it just irritates me to no end that people say 'it gets this amount on Fleabay, so this price is 'fair'. Well, if it gets THAT price on Ebay and you're offering me it for four times what you paid, then fuckin Ebay it and don't even offer me in the first place.[/QUOTE]

You're really an idiot aren't you?

I mean, seriously, what it's worth to YOU doesn't mean jack crap. Mickey Mantle rookie cards are worth about 2 bucks to me...do I really think someone is going to sell it to me for 2.00? Haha, no. Would I get mad cause they don't? Heck no!

You, on the other hand, get mad. NOT because we won't sell it to you for what you want to pay for it...but because YOU can't find a cheap copy. Well whoop de doo join the boat with hundreds of other people.

Me Me Me, whah whah whah, whine whine whine.

Flipping on ebay is NO different than flipping at Gamestop, and I don't give a damn what you say. Also, Guess what, I'm flipping mine on ebay WITHOUT playing it. :p

Oh, and stop calling it "Fleabay", you sound about as retarded as those people that call Bush "Dubya".

[quote name='Cmosfm']You're really an idiot aren't you?

I mean, seriously, what it's worth to YOU doesn't mean jack crap. Mickey Mantle rookie cards are worth about 2 bucks to me...do I really think someone is going to sell it to me for 2.00? Haha, no. Would I get mad cause they don't? Heck no!

You, on the other hand, get mad. NOT because we won't sell it to you for what you want to pay for it...but because YOU can't find a cheap copy. Well whoop de doo join the boat with hundreds of other people.

Flipping on ebay is NO different than flipping at Gamestop, and I don't give a damn what you say. Also, Guess what, I'm flipping mine on ebay WITHOUT playing it. :p

Oh, and stop calling it "Fleabay", you sound about as retarded as those people that call Bush "Dubya".[/quote]

Let me put this very bluntly and in a term you might understand. Go fuck yourself!

[quote name='Cmosfm']You're really an idiot aren't you?

Oh, and stop calling it "Fleabay", you sound about as retarded as those people that call Bush "Dubya".[/quote]

The whole point of games is to PLAY them, not sit and watch them collect dust as you think they're gaining value. And, last time I checked, I could call anything anything I wanted, so go pound sand.

While I know that some games have 'value', to charge as such and say all the time while overcharging for it 'it gets xyz amount on Ebay' is ludicrious.

If it gets THAT amount of money on Ebay, go sell the fuckin thing on Ebay and don't even bother offering it to me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The whole point of games is to PLAY them, not sit and watch them collect dust as you think they're gaining value. And, last time I checked, I could call anything anything I wanted, so go pound sand.

While I know that some games have 'value', to charge as such and say all the time while overcharging for it 'it gets xyz amount on Ebay' is ludicrious.

If it gets THAT amount of money on Ebay, go sell the fuckin thing on Ebay and don't even bother offering it to me.[/QUOTE]
Right. But don't get pissed that people try selling them for that much. That's life. If you are patient, you might find it for cheap. Is it "right" for people to try to get as much as they can for something people are willing to pay a lot for? Yes. I mean, it isn't water or bread we are talking about here.

[quote name='Stoneage']Right. But don't get pissed that people try selling them for that much. That's life. If you are patient, you might find it for cheap. Is it "right" for people to try to get as much as they can for something people are willing to pay a lot for? Yes. I mean, it isn't water or bread we are talking about here.[/quote]

I just know the people I've dealt with from CL or here, who think their crap is worth a mint, but if you're the selling, it's lowball city.

I also get a kick out of the people who go to yard sales just to see how much of a lowball offer they can give people. We even have whole threads about it. What sickens me worse is that some of those people TOOK that lowball offer. People should get a fair value for their items, but don't sit here and tell me it's worth THIS amount on Ebay and expect me to pay that just because it's worth that on Ebay.

While that may sound hypocritical, I just don't agree with anyone(especially Gamestop, which does their pricing as such)saying 'it's worth this' then just sitting back and hoping you bite at that amount.

I apologize for how rude I've come across as, it's just that it irks me that because it's a 'wanted' game that people will keep buying and selling it and NO ONE WILL PLAY IT possibly. Games are definitely meant to be PLAYED.

I just hope one of these times when I see a copy, I don't hold back and pull the trigger before it disappears again. Congratulations to anyone who has found a copy of this game though, I just hope you actually intend to PLAY it, unlike Cmosfm, who is just a.....nah I'm not even going there again.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I apologize for how rude I've come across as, it's just that it irks me that because it's a 'wanted' game that people will keep buying and selling it and NO ONE WILL PLAY IT possibly. Games are definitely meant to be PLAYED.

[/QUOTE]

c'mon, people don't "keep" buying it and selling it. This game is super rare, probably got a tiny print run, and it's in demand because it's one of the best puzzle games ever. and those buying it on ebay and such are playing it.

I don't know...if I see a game I know is rare as hell and it's cheap, I buy it regardless. it's just part of the hobby for me. just like a record or book collector would pick up a super rare item even if they didn't necessarily like the content.

You should just start doing that-- get revenge :lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I just hope one of these times when I see a copy, I don't hold back and pull the trigger before it disappears again. Congratulations to anyone who has found a copy of this game though, I just hope you actually intend to PLAY it, unlike Cmosfm, who is just a.....nah I'm not even going there again.[/QUOTE]

Sorry that I'm not interested in playing it, guess I shoulda just left it so someone else could have bought it to do the same thing I plan to do with it.

I can use that money for some games I'd actually like to play, or pay bills, or whatever.

The means by which I received my copy of IQ has a funny story.

Last year at a yard sale I found a CD storage case full of pirated PS1 games. I told the sellers about this, and they let me have the whole case for $1. It was actually a pretty cool deal; there were two authentic games in there - one was some aircraft game for PS1 and Virtua Fighter 2 for the Saturn for some reason. There were also a lot of pieces of bootleg cover art for my bootleg games in the back of the case.

I set it aside and I don't look at it for another nine months. Then, while I am looking through the discs, I noticed that there were two discs in one sleeve. It turns out that Intelligent Qube was hiding behind a pirated copy of Samurai Shodown III. I was in total disbelief. The idea that I had this game for nine months and was unaware of it was mind boggling. Nonetheless, I had to play it.

It turns out that IQ is an addictive puzzle game with a wonderful soundtrack. I am definately keeping my copy.

Oh yeah, I also have the instruction manual for the game. I got it when I purchased Parasite Eve from a flea market in 2005. The Intelligent Qube manual was in the case instead of the PE one.

I guess won't go into how I got a mint/complete copy for free just by asking for it. And no, I haven't sold it, yet.

[quote name='doctordoom1974']Last year at a yard sale I found a CD storage case full of pirated PS1 games. I told the sellers about this, and they let me have the whole case for $1.[/quote]

I'm curious: before you told them of the illegality of the items being sold, how much were they asking for it? And why weren't they smart enough to say: "if you're the pirate police, why do you want to buy it from us?"

[quote name='Apossum']c'mon, people don't "keep" buying it and selling it. This game is super rare, probably got a tiny print run, and it's in demand because it's one of the best puzzle games ever. and those buying it on ebay and such are playing it.

I don't know...if I see a game I know is rare as hell and it's cheap, I buy it regardless. it's just part of the hobby for me. just like a record or book collector would pick up a super rare item even if they didn't necessarily like the content.

You should just start doing that-- get revenge :lol:[/quote]

LOL See, I own some of the rare or uncommon games and got them mostly for $20 or under.

ICO-$10 from the Sears sale(played it, hated it, won't trade or sell it)

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II-XBOX-(got it from a game/video rental place, which Preowned it out to me for $16-18 and change, beat it, loved it, hope Bethesda gets the license and does it justice and gives me the hopeful finale for the trilogy finally)

Rez-PS2-(part of a 2 for $20 deal from Hollywood Video, tried it, didn't like it)
Silent Scope Complete-XBOX-(got it as part of the BOGO recently @ Blockbuster, so 'free')
Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast-XBOX-(same as SSC)
The Guy Game-XBOX-(got it for $17 and change from a pawn shop in mint condition)

Saga Frontier II-PS1- disc only from the GS clearance

And, my newest addition to this list.....for PS1:

Vagrant Story-PS1-got it for $10 tonight from a local store chain which was clearancing out their PS1 games. The same store I got it from also had a non-GH copy of Legend Of Dragoon, which I procrastinated on and missed getting for $5 and tax.

Sick part is, Vagrant Story is complete and near mint(a bunch of small surface scratches on disc 1, including a bunch close together, like someone rubbed it on their shirt or something).

IT will be up for TRADE ONLY, for Intelligent Qube in a couple of days, once I at least TRY it.

And, I'd be willing to trade my disc only Saga Frontier II for a disc only(in good or better shape)copy of Treasures Of The Deep, which I had a copy of, gave to a friend and he or his family stowed all his gaming stuff(including a Master System, a PS1 and a buttload of games) down in their basement.

I tried buying it back off him, but he gave up looking after a day or two.

Anyway, I do apologize again for coming off as rude, but I still do think that some people who buy the game and either may not like it or just may not have room for it anymore WILL resell it.

While I don't see a problem with buying and reselling a game you don't like, I can agree with the sentiment of how some people think this site is an extension of Ebay.

It's one thing to sell something you got for $1 on here for $10 because it's still cheap. However when you talk about finding a rare game in the trash and then want to sell it on here for Ebay price, it's ridiculous. CHEAP Ass Gamer. Not E-Bay Ass Gamer. I've dealt with a number of people on here who aren't willing to buy at fair prices (extreme lowball) but would sell the same thing to me for double its worth.

I don't speak for everyone obviously but I feel like the trading forum should be about selling/trading something you don't want to someone who does and then the cycle just keeps going on and on. That way EB/GS doesn't get the support not so that you can run your own little EB/GS.

I still have my original copy that my mom got me for Christmas back in 1997. I remember I first played the game on a demo disk at the time and my mom overheard me saying it was pretty cool. Actually, I may go fire it up now and play it. It's a great game.

sorry to say but Vagrant Story is not on the same rarity level as IQ, maybe you may find somebody that may do it with a disc only copy but dont count on it...either way good luck

[quote name='Jedi1979']sorry to say but Vagrant Story is not on the same rarity level as IQ, maybe you may find somebody that may do it with a disc only copy but dont count on it...either way good luck[/quote]

Either way, I know if I can't find someone to trade for IQ, I can still put it up for trade/sale for $25 or so and still be in a reasonable range compared with the 4-6 times what I paid, which is the minimum some CAGs will accept for stuff they paid a cheap price for.

And Davo, saying that on these boards anymore is like talking to a wall, eventually you realize the wall won't respond back and you'll just go on about doing things and forget trying to rationalize with something as immovable.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Either way, I know if I can't find someone to trade for IQ, I can still put it up for trade/sale for $25 or so and still be in a reasonable range compared with the 4-6 times what I paid, which is the minimum some CAGs will accept for stuff they paid a cheap price for.

And Davo, saying that on these boards anymore is like talking to a wall, eventually you realize the wall won't respond back and you'll just go on about doing things and forget trying to rationalize with something as immovable.[/QUOTE]

that's the problem-- no one will trade IQ for Vagrant Story. at least, no one in their right mind. They could sell IQ and buy 3 copies of Vagrant story.

I mean, the economy is a factor here :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']that's the problem-- no one will trade IQ for Vagrant Story. at least, no one in their right mind. They could sell IQ and buy 3 copies of Vagrant story.

I mean, the economy is a factor here :lol:[/quote]

But, the name of the site is CHEAP ass gamer, not Ebay ass gamer, as I've said before. You want Ebay price or just under it, go sell the shit on Ebay. I'm looking for a DECENT CAG who isn't on here to try and flip or sell the stuff they get or have to make the most .

I've run into a few of them on here, but they are getting few and far between lately. Between the people who say 'I'm getting rid of xyz number of guides and they're just going in the trash if I can't find a buyer for them', then they say MAKE OFFER. You make an offer, then they come back with all of the intrinsic things added on, they add $$$ for 'gas' and 'time' and all this other stuff.

And all of a sudden, the people you thought wanted to just get rid of it to see it go to someone who might USE it becomes a nickel and dimer who still wants their idea of a 'fair' price for it, yet puts down 'make offer'.

If yer not up to taking the offers in the first place, just put a fuckin price on yer shit then.

I don't know, I'm really just thinking of going back to being a lurker and not even dealing with people on here anymore, unless they want some guides/mags I have, in which case my prices are firm and don't even take into account the 'time, gas, other extraneous bs' that others on here have thrown out at me as a 'reasonable' price.

Again, if anyone else says 'I could get $646346565635656 for it on Ebay, so I'm offering it to you for $646346565635636, to me that isn't a 'deal'. To me, if you get it for $10, sell it for $25, don't be a gd prick about it either and say 'make an offer', then reject my offer and say 'THIS is what I want' because I'll laugh at you and say fuck off. After all, I'm on CHEAP ass gamer, not Ebay. You want $20 or so off Ebay price, go sell it on Ebay.

EDIT: I'm checking games on Ebay right now and a complete, non-GH was going for at least $40 on average.

No, but I should start a site and as soon as someone lists their Ebay name in their profile.....poof insta-banned, since I think honestly that at times CAG is AS BAD as Fat Wallet and Slick Deals with the hoarders who grab all of what they can.

Admittedly, I WAS this bad back when I started finding the guides, since I'd clean out a store of ALL their pennied items, but anymore, I've become more selective, since having a massive stack of guides just sitting here collecting dust is NOT a good thing.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But, the name of the site is CHEAP ass gamer, not Ebay ass gamer, as I've said before. You want Ebay price or just under it, go sell the shit on Ebay. I'm looking for a DECENT CAG who isn't on here to try and flip or sell the stuff they get or have to make the most .

I've run into a few of them on here, but they are getting few and far between lately. Between the people who say 'I'm getting rid of xyz number of guides and they're just going in the trash if I can't find a buyer for them', then they say MAKE OFFER. You make an offer, then they come back with all of the intrinsic things added on, they add $$$ for 'gas' and 'time' and all this other stuff.

And all of a sudden, the people you thought wanted to just get rid of it to see it go to someone who might USE it becomes a nickel and dimer who still wants their idea of a 'fair' price for it, yet puts down 'make offer'.

If yer not up to taking the offers in the first place, just put a fuckin price on yer shit then.

I don't know, I'm really just thinking of going back to being a lurker and not even dealing with people on here anymore, unless they want some guides/mags I have, in which case my prices are firm and don't even take into account the 'time, gas, other extraneous bs' that others on here have thrown out at me as a 'reasonable' price.

Again, if anyone else says 'I could get $646346565635656 for it on Ebay, so I'm offering it to you for $646346565635636, to me that isn't a 'deal'. To me, if you get it for $10, sell it for $25, don't be a gd prick about it either and say 'make an offer', then reject my offer and say 'THIS is what I want' because I'll laugh at you and say fuck off. After all, I'm on CHEAP ass gamer, not Ebay. You want $20 or so off Ebay price, go sell it on Ebay.

EDIT: I'm checking games on Ebay right now and a complete, non-GH was going for at least $40 on average.[/quote]

ignored

LOL It was called sarcasm, noob, since I was using the person who offered me IQ's favorite method of determining worth.

Mind you, if I sell it, I'll probably sell VS for $25 and may even do it for that price shipped, since I'm definitely NOT a huge RPG fan, but wanna try it and at least see what people rave about.

Oh noez, ignored by a noob, whatever shall I do? Oh woe is me....

You're really an idiot aren't you?

Oh, and stop calling it "Fleabay", you sound about as retarded as those people that call Bush "Dubya".[/QUOTE]

Yeah, or a president that pronounces nuclear as nucular...just like dubya does....

I'm just amazed that you're upset over people wanting market value for their games, regardless of how they got them. I'm sure you go into work and tell the boss to cut $4 off of your hourly pay because you just want to be a nice guy and give them a fair deal, right?

The only way you're going to get IQ for less than $40 is to find someone who doesn't know what's it worth, just like these other people have.

[quote name='loserboy']You're really an idiot aren't you?

Oh, and stop calling it "Fleabay", you sound about as retarded as those people that call Bush "Dubya".

Yeah, or a president that pronounces nuclear as nucular...just like dubya does....[/quote]

Are you actually talking to ME, loserboy or the person who said to stop calling Ebay Fleabay? I'm just curious, since I don't wanna come out with both barrels blazing if it's not directed to me.

[quote name='ch2423']I'm just amazed that you're upset over people wanting market value for their games, regardless of how they got them. I'm sure you go into work and tell the boss to cut $4 off of your hourly pay because you just want to be a nice guy and give them a fair deal, right?

The only way you're going to get IQ for less than $40 is to find someone who doesn't know what's it worth, just like these other people have.[/quote]

Actually, I've worked for some real cocksuckers over the years who've dropped my payrate due to a little known rule that I wasn't told about before I got my paycheck and noticed it was cut.

And again, this ISN'T Ebay. If someone wants Ebay prices, sell that shit on Ebay because there's no way in hell I'm ever paying over maybe $20 for it.

This site is called CHEAPassgamer, not EBAYassgamer, as I and someone else once said, but more and more it's getting to be like the second and not the first.

Example:

Seller: I found Final Fantasy 7 mint/complete inside of a filing cabinet I bought at Savers.
Buyer: Cool, how much would you sell it for?
Seller: $85 shipped.

*flip*

Seller: Hey I'm looking to sell my FF7. It's mint/complete.
Buyer: $10 shipped?

Again, not everyone does this thankfully but it's kinda pointless to put stuff on here at E-Bay price. People are already on the net and can go there anyway. There's also no use in trying to lowball someone since they can look up the value for it.

bread's done
Back