Reformatting Xbox's hard drive to erase XBL info, saves, and music

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I'm looking to sell my Xbox and I wanted to see if anyone knew how to reformat it so that the next guy doesn't get any of my XBL account info along with my saves and music. I could've sworn I saw an option somewhere in the menus, but I'm not able to find it, so I could use some help to figure out how to do it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm looking to sell my Xbox and I wanted to see if anyone knew how to reformat it so that the next guy doesn't get any of my XBL account info along with my saves and music. I could've sworn I saw an option somewhere in the menus, but I'm not able to find it, so I could use some help to figure out how to do it.[/quote]

What you need is called "Xbox Refresh Disc"

I bought one off Amazon a year ago for $5. It resurrected my xbox from the grave.

It erases everything.

Last time i saw it, was on toysrus.com's clearance for $1.99. I shoulda snagged one.

Looks like the price went up on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-659556981518-Xbox-Interactive-Refresh/dp/B00008KTNZ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-1505672-2243045?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1185051002&sr=8-1

[quote name='sp00ge']Just go into Memory -> Hard Drive and you can delete your XBL profile, music, etc.[/quote]
And that gets rid of the CC info tied to the XBL account?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']And that gets rid of the CC info tied to the XBL account?[/quote]

The XBL profile is on the hard drive, similar to a saved game. It should show up among the saved games on the hard drive. The CC is tied to the profile, stored in MS's system, not the xbox itself. Delete the profile, the info is gone from the console.

I've used this method to transfer my XBL profile from xbox to xbox via memory card.

[quote name='sp00ge']The XBL profile is on the hard drive, similar to a saved game. It should show up among the saved games on the hard drive. The CC is tied to the profile, stored in MS's system, not the xbox itself. Delete the profile, the info is gone from the console.

I've used this method to transfer my XBL profile from xbox to xbox via memory card.[/quote]
Okay. Thanks for the quick info.

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']How much do used xboxs go for nowadays?[/quote]

GS sells them for $79. The local GS had a stack of about 25 sitting on the floor.

[quote name='sp00ge']GS sells them for $79. The local GS had a stack of about 25 sitting on the floor.[/QUOTE]
Shit, thats still pretty high. If it was around 50 I would buy one.

bread's done
Back