Drew Carey confirmed as new host of "The Price Is Right"

[quote name='CouRageouS']As long as Wayne Brady and the tall blond guy who looks like Kramer makes an appearance, its all good.[/QUOTE]

Forgetting Ryan Stiles' name is a sin, playa.

Great choice, I'm surprised Drew got it and grateful that Rosie didn't.

I'd love to see Ryan, Colin, Brad, and Wayne be the models for the show at least once. :lol:

[quote name='Greetard']No problem with that- he did well hosting Whose Line.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, Carey would do well hosting a comedy show, but I'm not so sure about Price is Right... unless he does indeed bring some humor aspect to the show, which I'm sure will have to happen.

[quote name='Moxio']I don't know, Carey would do well hosting a comedy show, but I'm not so sure about Price is Right... unless he does indeed bring some humor aspect to the show, which I'm sure will have to happen.[/quote]
He'll be great. Bob Barker even approves and thinks he's a good fit:

Barker said he is not familiar enough with Carey's past performances to offer an opinion on his selection. But, he said, "I understand he ad-libs very well and that he has a very nice, friendly way of working, and I think both of those would be helpful to him on 'The Price Is Right.'"

His advice for Carey: "Go out there and do that show the way you think it should be done. Don't imitate me and don't imitate anyone else."

If his wiki is correct, he'll be hosting two game shows for CBS starting this year.

[quote name='Moxio']Forgetting Ryan Stiles' name is a sin, playa.[/QUOTE]
Sorry. I loved the Drew Carey show too. Sad that it just suddenly disappeared after the kept moving the timeslot. It got all weird after Kate left.

Whose Line was incredible, but I'm not totally sold on this...I think it could work, though. I'll definitely be watching.

Also, I really really REALLY hope that either CBS themselves or maybe Game Show Network are smart enough to keep reruns of Bob episodes on the air indefinitely. A weekday without Bob, oh, parish the thought!

The Drew Carey Show had its moments, but to me it started going downhill when the writers hooked up Drew & Kate and it never really recovered.

I also agree with MrBadExample that The Price is Right is a waste of his talents. Although Drew isn't the greatest actor, he knows how to deliver a good punchline. I would have liked to see him in another sitcom instead.

Still, I'm glad the job didn't go to Rosie at least.

I thought The Drew Carey Show was great for the first 4-5 seasons. After that it started to go downhill quickly.

Anything without Rosie hosting is great in my opinion and I hope Drew has the "Whose Line is it" cast over to make a quick appearance on the show. I could care less for "The Price is Right" and was hoping maybe drew and the cast from The Drew Carey Show made another sitcom.

I think it's hard to picture anyone else hosting The Price is Right. I don't think I could pick anyone to host it. It's going to be weird seeing someone new in Barker's shoes.

That said, there are far worse choices than Drew Carey (Rosie being the prime example). When I heard she was a possibility, I cringed at the thought of her loud and abrasive personality and all the awkwardness with the contestants that would inevitably result. Drew is definitely more mellow, easy going, and funny too. He was pretty good on Who's Line. I'm definitely interested to see how he does, and hope that he does well!

Why does this keep making news? Does anyone really watch The Price is Right other than stay-at-home moms and middle school kids on summer vacation?

[quote name='javeryh']Why does this keep making news? Does anyone really watch The Price is Right other than stay-at-home moms and middle school kids on summer vacation?[/quote]

I do

The American Whose Line sucked. Carey was a terrible host with a lot of canned jokes like "The points don't make sense, like a warranty on a hooker!"

Actually "warranty on a hooker" is probably better than the shit he used to say.

Also, no love for Colin Mocherie, which is a damn shame, because he's leagues above everyone else on that show (with the exception of maybe Wayne Brady, who I admit is talented, but was annoying and just did the same routine over and over).

British Whose Line FTW.

As for TPIR, I guess he could be ok, there's no way to know until he does it. But if he starts throwing out trash jokes from the wastebin his show's writers had, it'll suck.

You don't need to be outrageous for TPIR - it's already sort of a parody of itself by now. All you need to do is be likable. I guess Carey can pull that off if he doesn't always try to hog the spotlight.

Though Barker was a bonafide badass back in the day. Look up the Youtube video where he caught a woman cheating. That was hilarious. He actually tore into her a bit for ruining the game. It will be very difficult to top that.

Also, Brak - Drew Carey was no poor man's Seinfeld, because Seinfeld was good. Carey's show was ok for a while and did some good things, but lost steam after they rode the "Oh look, Mimi is a whore" angle to hell and back about 8 times. This is why the South Park parody during the shit episode was spot-on.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Whose Line was incredible, but I'm not totally sold on this...I think it could work, though. I'll definitely be watching.

Also, I really really REALLY hope that either CBS themselves or maybe Game Show Network are smart enough to keep reruns of Bob episodes on the air indefinitely. A weekday without Bob, oh, parish the thought![/quote]

Here's what I've heard--The reason this is never going to happen is that Bob Barker himself will not let the shows be rerun. Why, you ask? Because under union rules, the original Barker's Beauty models would be making millions off the reruns. Barker HATES the original models because of the lawsuits they filed against him and the fact that they posed in Playboy while they were on the show.

[quote name='kal123']I'm a little iffy about Drew Carrey getting it. I think Jim Carey would have been a better choice.[/quote]

I hope you're just exaggerating on that. Jim Carey definetly doesnt fit the whole gameshow host motif.

[quote name='KhaosX']I hope you're just exaggerating on that. Jim Carey definetly doesnt fit the whole gameshow host motif.[/quote]

And TPIR is an American relic. A canadian host would take away from that.

I loved the drew carey show (well for the first 4-5 seasons), and I loved whos line, but Drew as the new price is right host doesn't thrill me yet. I mean I love Drew, but I just don't know if he can pull off a Bob Barker. Either way I will still watch the Price is Right.

I think he'll do alright. I'll still try to watch, when I'm not busy watching The Backyardigans or Jack's Big Music Show.

Bob is the man. Grew up on that show, we need more Plinko, dammit.

[quote name='kal123']I'm a little iffy about Drew Carrey getting it. I think Jim Carey would have been a better choice.[/QUOTE]

knowing Jim Carey can actually act (and pretty darn well) when he's in a good role in the right movie, I would hate to see him get stuffed into this.

[quote name='kal123']I'm a little iffy about Drew Carrey getting it. I think Jim Carey would have been a better choice.[/QUOTE]
I hope that's a shitty joke.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I loved the drew carey show (well for the first 4-5 seasons), and I loved whos line, but Drew as the new price is right host doesn't thrill me yet. I mean I love Drew, but I just don't know if he can pull off a Bob Barker. Either way I will still watch the Price is Right.[/quote]
Why does he have to be Bob Barker? Why can't he be himself?

[quote name='Brak']The Drew Carey Show was the poor man's Seinfeld.[/quote]
You got it backwards.

[quote name='Strell']The American Whose Line sucked. Carey was a terrible host with a lot of canned jokes like "The points don't make sense, like a warranty on a hooker!"

Actually "warranty on a hooker" is probably better than the shit he used to say.

Also, no love for Colin Mocherie, which is a damn shame, because he's leagues above everyone else on that show (with the exception of maybe Wayne Brady, who I admit is talented, but was annoying and just did the same routine over and over).

British Whose Line FTW.

As for TPIR, I guess he could be ok, there's no way to know until he does it. But if he starts throwing out trash jokes from the wastebin his show's writers had, it'll suck.

You don't need to be outrageous for TPIR - it's already sort of a parody of itself by now. All you need to do is be likable. I guess Carey can pull that off if he doesn't always try to hog the spotlight.

Though Barker was a bonafide badass back in the day. Look up the Youtube video where he caught a woman cheating. That was hilarious. He actually tore into her a bit for ruining the game. It will be very difficult to top that.

Also, Brak - Drew Carey was no poor man's Seinfeld, because Seinfeld was good. Carey's show was ok for a while and did some good things, but lost steam after they rode the "Oh look, Mimi is a whore" angle to hell and back about 8 times. This is why the South Park parody during the shit episode was spot-on.[/quote]

I'd like to see that, can you provide linkage?

[quote name='yukine']I'd like to see that, can you provide linkage?[/QUOTE]

Just for you, yukine:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0aqG5w8zg4[/MEDIA]

NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO CLICK THIS. THAT IS AN ORDER.

[quote name='Strell']Just for you, yukine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0aqG5w8zg4

NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO CLICK THIS. THAT IS AN ORDER.[/QUOTE]
That's bullshit. She shouldn't have gotten the prize.

And did you see the way she kept sticking out her tongue like a snake?

Oh, and I clicked it before I saw that you gave permission

On topic, whoever gave Drew Carey the part gets a F for fuck you

[quote name='kal123']I'm a little iffy about Drew Carrey getting it. I think Jim Carey would have been a better choice.[/quote]

Harry Carey (if he were still alive) would've been the best choice.

Drew Carey is a good choice. We're looking for a *game show host*, after all, so it isn't like looking like a goofball, having cheesy one-liners, and awful hair is going to be a bad thing.

I hope they don't chance the show that much - keep the same awful music (particularly the now-rediscovered-thanks-to-internets "fail music"), all those early 80's colors/sequins/etc. That's what makes the show. If they modernize it, it will die.

[quote name='mykevermin']I hope they don't chance the show that much - keep the same awful music (particularly the now-rediscovered-thanks-to-internets "fail music"), all those early 80's colors/sequins/etc. That's what makes the show. If they modernize it, it will die.[/QUOTE]
They've "modernized" the show at least once before, in the early '90s, and it was a disaster, so I don't think they'd have the balls to do it again.

[quote name='mykevermin']Drew Carey is a good choice. We're looking for a *game show host*, after all, so it isn't like looking like a goofball, having cheesy one-liners, and awful hair is going to be a bad thing.

I hope they don't chance the show that much - keep the same awful music (particularly the now-rediscovered-thanks-to-internets "fail music"), all those early 80's colors/sequins/etc. That's what makes the show. If they modernize it, it will die.[/QUOTE]
I don't disagree entirely, but one thing has me puzzled: who the fuck would want to kiss Drew Carey? It's not fair to hold anyone to the sexy, sexy standard that was Bob Barker, but I don't see tubby over there coming close. This was also an issue with Rosie O'Donnell, and I'm certain it's why she lost out.

I say they bring back Barker's original beauties and see if that can't spruce things up. Mmmm, Holly. :drool:

[quote name='dothog']I don't disagree entirely, but one thing has me puzzled: who the fuck would want to kiss Drew Carey? It's not fair to hold anyone to the sexy, sexy standard that was Bob Barker, but I don't see tubby over there coming close. This was also an issue with Rosie O'Donnell, and I'm certain it's why she lost out.[/QUOTE]

Who wouldn't want to kiss X-Ray Specs guy?

bread's done
Back