- - - - -

How many of you guys have given up on Ninja Gaiden?

Poll: Have you given up with Ninja Gaiden? (125 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you given up with Ninja Gaiden?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Sephiroth1089   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Sephiroth1089

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:07 PM

Sorry, but I just got Ninja Gaiden Black, and I had to bring this thread back.

I keep reading things like the above post: "You need to know how to truly play."

What exactly is TRULY playing? Is there a good faq online that shows you how to play well? I found one on gamefaqs, but it seemed geared towards those who already KNOW how to play well. Anywhere that gives some tips for beginners, and then more tips as they improve?

well like truly playing as in like learning to do real moves and knowing when to do them and not just button smashing (which was a problem i had) basically learn tactics to use against enemies by watching videos of other people playing (thats how my cousin got really good) and sometimes u gotta be patient for some of the enemies. but i think if u wana really get good at the game watching videoes will help and then learning what moves they do. if anything izuna drop will work in a lot of situation but it tends to be slow so u might not make the time bonuses for a lot thing if ur into the karma runs. counter attack is quite useful too. i'm not a real expert on the game cause i used to get frustrated at the game but the game is no where impossible to beat. it just need a lot of time to work on it and to learn the mechanics and stuff.

#32 dragonjud   Got games, but no time CAGiversary!   3332 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:45 PM

This game is cheap...horrible design choices in areas, and bland in so many other areas. It's funny that its producer is constantly attacking other developers and series (Devil May Cry, Soul Calibur, etc.), 'cause this game is pure ass in some areas of overall design and cheapness of enemies.

Anyhow, I installed me some custom firmware, and a few trainers, and boom, I'm Ninja god. Infinite health, money and karma. Even then, the game is just passable because of the design choices.

#33 zenprime   A cat is fine too CAGiversary!   1142 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:33 PM

I never beaten this game for one simple reason. Boredum.

I'll load up my file, kill some guys, find a key, backtrack, fight something, cringe during a FMV, save and quit.

Granted this is what I do during alot of games. But still nothing really engaged me about the story or characters ('Cept the EVIL dark Dragon Blade. Did you know it was EVIL? Because it is EVIL. They mention it like like 10 times during the opening. How EVIL it is.).

I have to agree with dragonjud on how bland the design is. Itagaki makes good looking, good playing characters, bland worlds.

#34 ryanbph   Man Down CAGiversary!   7233 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:43 PM

I beat the game on hard within a month of release. I really on had 2 problems going thru it. One of the first chapters in the village when you have to beat enemies on the horses, and the very end when you need to keep on jumping up

Posted Image

#35 Lupuri   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   312 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:59 PM

My 360 shat the bed last week... so I started playing Black lastnight (again.)
On Hard, Im about half way through the game, in 3hrs. Game is really tactical more then anything. Target specific mobs in a group, dont play defensive fighting... have to move... The Helicopter isnt that hard, just aim and make sure your moving quickly when it attacks. By that point in the game, you should have 30k Ki... dont hesitate to use as many pots as you can, there is a vendor right after that area. Make sure you go back to the save point after you down the copter though.

Fucking A I love this game..

#36 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12130 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:02 PM

I just recently started playing Ninja Gaiden Black for the first time. I never had an XBOX. I'm playing it on the 360 and I really love the game. It has what the NES games have in that....no matter how much it kicks my ass I want to keep playing. The combat is great. I'm also having more fun as I'm getting better with timing, counters, and combos. The Izuna Drop is great and someone I know who has played through has said it is something to use throughout. I'm only on level 6 but I think I'm playing a bit conservatively because I'm trying to use less health power ups as I go through.

I never really felt cheated when dying...you just have to know your enemies and your surroundings. I feel there is a bit of memorizing of the stages happening though because I seem to do a lot better when I know what is attacking me and from where. I do agree that I tend to do better when playing offensively rather than hanging back and over defending. Then again if your defending you might as well be using your counter. I'm not up to Level 9 but as of right now I can't see anything that would make me stop playing.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#37 PyroGamer   Banned Banned   4554 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

PyroGamer

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:48 PM

Is this thread for serious?

Honestly Ninja Gaiden really wasn't one of the harder videogames I've beaten.

The only boss I had to retry more than five times was that horseman at the beginning, before I even learned how to do certain attacks.

This game is simply NOT THAT HARD if you're not playing it on Master Ninja. I don't know what the big deal is. Even on Master Ninja it's not as hard as many other games on their highest difficulty.

Ninja Gaiden for the NES did kick my ass pretty hard, though.

#38 Lupuri   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   312 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:51 PM

The best part is unlocking all the original Ninja Gaidens... (seems to be the SNES versions.)

#39 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12130 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:46 PM

I'm now on Level 9...still enjoying it.

jkam2.png

#40 lordxixor101   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

lordxixor101

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:16 PM

Sorry, but I just got Ninja Gaiden Black, and I had to bring this thread back.

I keep reading things like the above post: "You need to know how to truly play."

What exactly is TRULY playing? Is there a good faq online that shows you how to play well? I found one on gamefaqs, but it seemed geared towards those who already KNOW how to play well. Anywhere that gives some tips for beginners, and then more tips as they improve?

Sephroth pretty much answered this, but I'll add my 2 cents.

I think it might be easier to treat this game more of a "fighting game" than a brawler. This game looks more like a "final fight" but you can't play the game that way. You have to block and know which moves (and weapons) to use for each part. For most people, after awhile, it starts to click. You also have to get and learn the new moves. That jump/dash move can be abused liberally to get through much of the game.

This is odd, since I didn't find the game that difficult on normal (didn't try the other ones, though the missions on Black afterwards are nearly impossilble for me). It's funny since I play many of the "hard" games and I usually have my ass kicked, but this one wasn't that bad. The bosses can be annoying, what I would do is, if I got stuck after about 3 attempts, I would go and read an FAQ on gamefaqs. Sure, it might be "cheating", but as many of you said, this is fun time. I don't need a great feel of accomplishment from beating something hard by myself, I'd rather beat it a bit faster, and lose that feeling.

#41 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12130 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:10 PM

I just beat black on normal...great great game. I'm going to go back and do hard...not right now but I will. Great great game. Looking forward to 2.

jkam2.png

#42 Kayden   Banned Banned   17673 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:12 PM

Megaman 2 is way harder.

#43 peteloaf   ULTRA COMBO! CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:35 AM

I got Ninja Gaiden Sigma for christmas and I'm on chapter 12 now. This will be my 5th time through and I'm still enjoying it.

#44 Chris in Cali   Mr. Negativity CAGiversary!   2637 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Chris in Cali

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:38 AM

I gave up, I really don't care for difficult games. I don't have time for them, and even if I did, I'd rather play something less frustrating that I can get through without ruining the flow of the game.

#45 ighosty   I just lost the game. CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:52 AM

I didn't give up on the game, but my rental did end. I rented the game back when it came out for the xbox and didn't finish it before my rent ended, I think I finished probably 60-70% of it. Will be buying Ninja Gaiden Black when it drops in price so I am ready for the sequel.

#46 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:02 AM

I went with option 1.. I didn't actually give up, but I did start another game and so never picked it back up. I plan to though.

Same here, though I bought NGB used from someone when they were about to trade it into Gamestop and only get about $4 for it. I offered $15 for this and Stubbs The Zombie, so I thought I got a good deal.

Only thing that has annoyed me about this game is the wonky camera(on NGB). Otherwise, I love the action level of this game.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#47 TC   Better w/o Kinect CAGiversary!   3057 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

Finished Black on dog mode. Oh well I'm a dog.

#48 peteloaf   ULTRA COMBO! CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:10 PM

Finished Sigma the other day, it was much easier than Black, still very enjoyable.

#49 BustaUppa   what it is right now CAGiversary!   4997 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:42 PM

I think it might be easier to treat this game more of a "fighting game" than a brawler. This game looks more like a "final fight" but you can't play the game that way. You have to block and know which moves (and weapons) to use for each part. For most people, after awhile, it starts to click. You also have to get and learn the new moves. That jump/dash move can be abused liberally to get through much of the game.

Took the words right out of my mouth... I was just about to say that you need to approach Ninja Gaiden like a fighting game. The first boss was kicking my ass when I tried to fight like a brawler. Finally I swallowed my pride and looked at a FAQ. I checked out the strategy outlined in the FAQ, tried it out in the real fight, and then it "clicked." I realized that I had to actually bide my time, wait for openings, dodge and counterattack, things like that. Typical hit 'n' run tactics would not work.

As the game went on I had a lot of fun getting into the fighting system and discovering the intricacies of each weapon. I never had to refer back to a FAQ, which I was quite proud of myself for - although I freely admit that I may never have finished the game without abusing that healing power-up. Once I cleared an area I could just switch to that power-up (I forget if it was a sword or some sort of guantlet) and regenerate my health... that was the breakthrough I needed to finish the game without destroying my xbox in frustration, haha.

76561198000383649.png