Antique Tools ...yeah, really these are worth money?! *Pix Included*

rywateska

CAGiversary!
Feedback
100 (100%)
So I've had a few family members ask if I could sell some antique, late 1800's/early 1900's era tools for them. We're talking about 50 pieces from your everyday hammer to wrench with pliers in between. All made in the US, in good condition, probably better than what you would buy in Home Depot today...

Still, where the hell do I sell these type of things? Are they even valuable? At a garage sale, how should these be priced? Etc...

Usually CAG has a few people who know the most random of the random information. Super special thanks to you if you can help at all!

And here's an idea of what I'm talking about below:

I really don't think they are worth anything. They aren't interesting so collectors don't care and they were most likely mass produced so you can find them around.

In any case, just try eBay.

[quote name='dtarasev']I really don't think they are worth anything. They aren't interesting so collectors don't care and they were most likely mass produced so you can find them around.

In any case, just try eBay.[/QUOTE]

Well spoken. As tools, their weight basically makes any real online sales useless. I'm not sure exactly how to tell them that it's not worth dealing with at this point then. I guess a suggestion to overprice and haggle down at a garage sale or something is the best bet.

Metling them down to sell...now there's an option. I had not thought of that before!

[quote name='dtarasev']I really don't think they are worth anything. They aren't interesting so collectors don't care and they were most likely mass produced so you can find them around.

In any case, just try eBay.[/QUOTE]

There are collectors of old tools and if these are in good/great shape they would probably be interested. Old tools were often made to a higher standard than todays mass produced ones. Do these have markings indicating who made them? There are books that cover this topic.

bread's done
Back