- - - - -

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, for under $15! 10/10 on 1up!

#31 creid   Dead For The Summer CAGiversary!   6777 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:45 PM

what system is this goign to be on and how many moves per wrestler do you tend to have ?

#1 You're in the fucking PS2 forum. #2, there's a lot of moves. Several moves depending if the opponent is standing laying face up/face down etc.

#32 lokizz   Go $$$$ Yourself CAGiversary!   10104 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:43 AM

#1 You're in the fucking PS2 forum. #2, there's a lot of moves. Several moves depending if the opponent is standing laying face up/face down etc.

so can you expect about the same a few less or more moves than youd get in your avg 3d grappler? like the wwe ps2 wrestling games. and do people know for sure if real wrestlers from america will be in it or not? ive read around some and there seems to be a difference of opinion on that. and what is the price going to be or could be?

#33 creid   Dead For The Summer CAGiversary!   6777 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:08 PM

Price is going to be budget, probably $10-20. I would expect a few more moves than your average 3d grappler, but I haven't played 3D wrestling games much since No Mercy.

#34 Whipt   Do I have some on my face CAGiversary!   1305 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:26 PM

so can you expect about the same a few less or more moves than youd get in your avg 3d grappler? like the wwe ps2 wrestling games. and do people know for sure if real wrestlers from america will be in it or not? ive read around some and there seems to be a difference of opinion on that. and what is the price going to be or could be?

Moves per wrestler? Around 30, with a lot of variety of moves to choose from.

It's likely that american wrestlers will be in this one, however like the GBA games they will probably be named differently (like Cremator instead of Undertaker) and recolored to avoid a lawsuit.

#35 Puffa469   is too Pro Shops CAGiversary!   6105 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

The only American wrestlers that are in the game are ones who have wrestled in Japan in the last few years. There are also some American legends, like Andre the Giant. But in the edit mode, there are heads, costumes, moves, taunts, etc for most popular Americans, so you can easily make Hogan, Austin, Rock, etc...

There are lots of moves you wrestler can perform. Each edit has:

- 13 grapple moves
- 6 back grapple moves
- 3 Irish whip moves
- 3 running moves
- 4 top rope moves
etc...

And for everyone of those situations, you can have up to hundreds to moves to choose from when creating your wrestler. The effectiveness of the moves is determined by the style you pick for your edit. So if you pick an Andre the Giant or Great Khali type, dont expect to fly very far if you go off the top rope.

You can make Juniors, luchadors, shooters, mma types, technical wrestlers etc.

there are other situational moves, like springboard to outside, running to outside, springboard into the ring, etc.

There are moves from the apron to the floor, theres a move you do to an opp on the apron, etc.

Theres a 'corner to center' move. Where your in the corner and your opp is in the middle of the ring. This is how you do Shawn Michaels 'Tuning up the band into the Superkick' move, or Keiji Muto/Great Mutas' shining wizard.

In general there are more moves than in a Smackdown game.

The ONLY thing that would possibly turn off anyone to this game is the very oldschool 2D graphics. But if you can get past that, this is the best wrestling game ever made.

Originally Posted by wubb Posted Image
Puffa is pretty much always dead on.

#36 lokizz   Go $$$$ Yourself CAGiversary!   10104 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:11 PM

well then i found my next new purchase. even for a 2d game the video someone posted here shows the game looks hot. and with those kinds of graphics on a ps2 you could easily have tons of wrestlers in ring at once whch would make royal rumble type matches awesome. that was always a letdown in 3d games. now just have keiji muto and jushin thunder liger in there and im set to get back into wrestling gaming. and thanks for the info people .

#37 Puffa469   is too Pro Shops CAGiversary!   6105 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:15 PM

well then i found my next new purchase. even for a 2d game the video someone posted here shows the game looks hot. and with those kinds of graphics on a ps2 you could easily have tons of wrestlers in ring at once whch would make royal rumble type matches awesome. that was always a letdown in 3d games. now just have keiji muto and jushin thunder liger in there and im set to get back into wrestling gaming. and thanks for the info people .

Both Muto and Liger are in the game.

The Battle Royal mode in the game supports up to 8 wresters at once. You can play pinfall/submit style, over the top rope (fall outside & your out), stay in even after defeat, and Rumble style where you set the time inbetween entrants (although still limited to 8 total).

#38 Sofa King Cheap   Sofa King Cheap CAGiversary!   1928 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Sofa King Cheap

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:16 AM

Like Spike did for the American version of FPW2 on the GBA, I hope Spike adds some more American wrestlers to this release for the sake of it selling a little better in the in the Americas. More sales = better chance of future FPW or maybe even KOC titles coming to to us in the future . Of course the color palettes for those wrestlers under contract will have to be out of whack again, but I'm sure someone will create an edit that "fixes" the colors to resemble real life.
"Kyle, I have a full day of watching TV tomorrow. I don't have time to go on a poo hunt right now, okay?" -- a memorable quote from South Park's "A Very Crappy Christmas" episode

#39 -Never4ever-   That Guy. CAGiversary!   7832 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

-Never4ever-

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:19 AM

I just creamed my pants. Not a joke. Seriously.

Now I can finally lay my Dreamcast to rest. And also play an awesome FPW game without having to glance at a translation guide ever 10 seconds.

I pray to god they don't Fuck this up like they did with Fire Pro Wrestling 2 / Final Fire Pro Wrestling for GBA. That big pile of dissapointment haunts me to this very day.

#40 Puffa469   is too Pro Shops CAGiversary!   6105 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

http://ps2.ign.com/a...1/811300p1.html

Looks like they are even translating and porting over the federation booker mode. I think this will be a very faithful translation and should make the fans happy.

#41 Cao Cao   Spoooooooky CAGiversary!   3005 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:33 AM

http://ps2.ign.com/a...1/811300p1.html

Looks like they are even translating and porting over the federation booker mode. I think this will be a very faithful translation and should make the fans happy.

Yep. Over at FPC, the Agetec localization rep pretty much said "no cuts" in one of his posts.

Found the Post

Raw Danger and Disaster report are very different games then Fire Pro. It seems you and I have a different idea of what “butchery” is. Rest assured the meat cleaver stays hidden in my desk this title and everything will be left “intact”.

#42 Puffa469   is too Pro Shops CAGiversary!   6105 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:15 PM

The official press release:

Agetec to Release Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for Playstation2 System
By Agetec Inc.
Press Release -- This Content Was Not Created By GameSpot
Posted Aug 8, 2007 6:55 pm GMT

SUNNYVALE, CA – August 8, 2007 – Agetec, Inc. today announced that it will be publishing Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system. Previously released only for the Game Boy Advance in North America, this will mark the first time the acclaimed series will be available on PlayStation 2 system in this country without visiting an importer.

Since 1989, the Fire Pro Wrestling series has been considered the gameplay benchmark that all other wrestling titles are compared to in Japan. Agetec's localization of Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for PlayStation 2 system– considered by fans to be the best of the entire series – will finally give gamers who have been hearing about this series for years the chance to experience its unparalleled depth and customization.

"We have been working for years to bring the Fire Pro series to North America," said Mark Johnson, producer for Agetec, Inc. "Now that we're finally cleared to publish the game, the real work begins. We're doing everything we can to make sure the game is translated successfully without taking away one iota from the gameplay that's made this Fire Pro a fan favorite."

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns will be released for the PlayStation 2 system in North America in during the holiday season of this year.

About AGETEC, Inc. Agetec, Inc., based in Sunnyvale, California, is a world-class publisher of award-winning software for the North American video game market. Agetec publishes many well-known brand titles for the Nintendo and PlayStaion platforms, including: "PoPoLoCrois", "WILD ARMS Alter Code: F", "King's Field," "The Adventures of Cookie and Cream," "Bass Landing," "RPG Maker," and the "Armored Core" game series.

#43 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7924 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

I'm so amped I just delivered a flying headbutt to my sleeping friend. GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!

#44 Puffa469   is too Pro Shops CAGiversary!   6105 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:20 PM

I'm so amped I just delivered a flying headbutt to my sleeping friend. GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!

did you >CRITICAL!< them?

#45 dpatel   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3749 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

I've heard so much about this game, but have never had a chance to try any of them. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for this one.

EDIT: MY GAWD, FPW, where have you been all my life? I can't believe I've overlooked this game in the past. This game already has me convinced, and it only took me about an hour after I read this topic.

#46 tarouza   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   463 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:54 PM

i am probably more excited about this then GTA4 i love firepro

#47 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7924 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:10 PM

I hope someone comes out with something that lets you import PS2 saves through the PS3 for this game. I'm running on all virtual memory cards at this point and while it's still a no-brainer to buy this, I'll be bummed out if I miss out on the creations that people come up with. That and renaming/recoloring everyone myself will be a pain.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#48 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4248 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:48 PM

I've loved FPW 1 and 2 for the GBA, D for the DC, and the SNES games - I can't wait to get Returns. FPR vids on Youtube, here I come!

#49 Sofa King Cheap   Sofa King Cheap CAGiversary!   1928 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Sofa King Cheap

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:17 PM

Looks like the list price is $13.99 with a 11/14 release date:

http://www.buy.com/r...p?sku=205611610

http://www.superdupe...-cra-09280.html

http://www.hotmovies...&ec=1&ProdID=56
"Kyle, I have a full day of watching TV tomorrow. I don't have time to go on a poo hunt right now, okay?" -- a memorable quote from South Park's "A Very Crappy Christmas" episode

#50 mykevermin   Queen of Scotland CAGiversary!   37008 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:20 PM

Dude! That last link has it for $8.09 with free shipping! Is that site reputable?
Posted Image

#51 Sofa King Cheap   Sofa King Cheap CAGiversary!   1928 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Sofa King Cheap

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:37 PM

Dude! That last link has it for $8.09 with free shipping! Is that site reputable?

<shrugs> As long as you pay with a credit card and not a debit card, nothing really to lose besides time and frustration disputing a cc charge. BTW, it's only $8.09 with free shipping because you get $5 off and free shipping with your first order from that site.

EDIT: well, it seems like you have to join some trial membership and cancel within 7 days to get the $5 off, too, otherwise you are charged membership fees of $14.95 a month. Not worth the hassle for me (not that I was going to buy from them in the first place).

#52 evilmax17   Yardsaling CAG CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:40 PM

Looks like the list price is $13.99 with a 11/14 release date:

http://www.buy.com/r...p?sku=205611610

http://www.superdupe...-cra-09280.html

http://www.hotmovies...&ec=1&ProdID=56

Holy hell. That's unbelievable!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 Cao Cao   Spoooooooky CAGiversary!   3005 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:12 PM

Wow, $13.99? That's an even lower price than expected. Now, assuming that Agetec doesn't mess it up, I'm feeling really sorry for the folks out there who paid over $50 for their import copy of FPR when it came out ;). At $13.99, this is a definite first-day buy for me.

#54 -Never4ever-   That Guy. CAGiversary!   7832 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

-Never4ever-

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:30 PM

$15 MSRP is INSANE! I'll be buying 3, just to show my support for Fire Pro (and to hand a couple out as gifts, since Xmas will be right around the corner).

#55 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7924 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:48 PM

I'm hoping there's an easy way to get PS2 saves off the internet and into my PS3. My last remaining PS2 is a Japanese one. I don't think my US Gameshark-thingy that I was using will work on it.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#56 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24181 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:23 PM

I'm hoping there's an easy way to get PS2 saves off the internet and into my PS3. My last remaining PS2 is a Japanese one. I don't think my US Gameshark-thingy that I was using will work on it.

I hope so too. I won't take the time to do all the customization shit, so I need someone to do it for me.

#57 Sofa King Cheap   Sofa King Cheap CAGiversary!   1928 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Sofa King Cheap

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:23 AM

Listed at Amazon now for $14.99 with a 11/27 release date

#58 MorbidAngel4Life   Down with the Clown. CAGiversary!   8696 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

MorbidAngel4Life

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:01 PM

I will DEFINITELY be getting this, I'm fucking pumped like no other. I can lose myself for hours literally just fixing up my favorite wrestlers. Now here's hoping I can make a decent Hayabusa and Awesome.
Get free Microsoft Points, Amazon gift cards, and more on Points2Shop!
http://points2shop.c...banners/3270175

#59 dpatel   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3749 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:14 PM

Holy crap that price is insane. I was expecting around $19.99. With Smackdown looking to be worse than last years iteration, this game is a no-brainer for me.

Indeed. I don't have the patience nor the skill to fill up these 500 or so slots.

#60 A Happy Panda   not as happy as you think CAGiversary!   5983 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

A Happy Panda

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:01 PM

Sooo. I've never played a Fire Pro game so I have a few questions. Does the WWE license their wrestlers to this game or are they all custom created? Also, if they are custom created...how can they possibly have special movies like The People's Elbow or Booker T's little breakdance move? Is there a roster?

And is it 4 players?