Lifeline Contest Winner

heh.. I thought this was an official thread. I think I'm going to be disqualified cuz I posted twice by mistake =/ Good luck to everyone who entered though

Although the funniest would be more interesting, doing it randomly would keep the arguments to a minimum. It also is fair to those on the site that don't have a quick wit like many of the people here.

For some reason when I was looking for a picture to post I thought of Lois saying 'Me likey bouncy'. Unfortunately no pictures fit that quote. Its weird how my mind works sometimes

[quote name='m_d_amore']rules are rules. Funny was a criteria to be entered not win.[/quote]

Correction, "remotely funny" is the criteria to be entered. I am counting on that adjective.

y dont we just start a bragging rights contest for the funniest? its obvious that cheapy cant pick the funniest to win because 145 out of 146 arnt funny they're just entered to win the game

Yeah, I definately think that the funniest caption should win. I mean at the SUper Bowl, you award the BETTER team not the team that lost. Better should win! Do you randomly pick one of the teams in the NFL and award them? NO, they have to earn that. Just like how you should earn the game! Life ain't fair.

I know my caption sucks but I still think that the better man should win!

[quote name='punqsux']y dont we just start a bragging rights contest for the funniest? its obvious that cheapy cant pick the funniest to win because 145 out of 146 arnt funny they're just entered to win the game[/quote]

that would seem like an easy choice for cheapy actually

I agree some of us are funnier than others, so it would not be fair to do it based on wit. If I had to vote for funniest I would have to say the one that Spiritseed posted.

[quote name='Spiritseed']I agree some of us are funnier than others, so it would not be fair to do it based on wit. If I had to vote for funniest I would have to say the one that Spiritseed posted.[/quote]

exactly, cheapy likes keeping things fair and im all for that, but the funniest should get something too, even if it isnt tangable

I'm for random, as long as you attempted to follow the rules to entry.
If only because 'funny' is so relative, and there's so many different types of humor/jokes etc. The only fair way todo that would be to do a poll including every qualifying entry.

do all of you really have that little confidence in your humor? and if it were to be chosen by funniest, it wouldnt be chosen by the members but the moderators to be fair. just like the logo contest.

imho, 75 percent of them i thought were clever and made me laugh. some were funnier than others, but overall not a bad showing of the CAG humor.

I thik the problem is that by the time this contest is done there'll be like 600 entries, removing thepeople who posted twice, the ones that dont meet the criteria and/or arnt funny will be tough but it'd still leave about 2-3 hundred posts.

Being the funniest would be the only hope of standing out in a crowd at that point and nobody likes 1 in 300 odds.

Meh, I think if it was based off funniness I would have slightly higher chances. But it would also be tough since that's so subjective.

Also, I noticed that most of the entries' funny comment was something that Rio/monster/omniscient narrator would say. I thought we supposed to think of something we would say to Rio (in game, I guess). Does that mean that all entries that did not do so get disqualified? *crosses fingers*

I have to agree with everyone else before me: it should stay random. Besides, as rygar here mentioned, I saw a bunch that involved comments that the characters would make, but I thought it was what we would say to Rio. Keeping it random saves the whole "Mine was funnier than that" argument.

Speaking of the caption contest, did you guys see the one where the guy's caption was "DO A BARREL ROLL!". Lame. Man...that guy should be beaten to death with his own shoes.....

Asshat.

Since the original plan was to select a random winner, one might assume that this poll indicates some measure of dismay at the entries. Perhaps, it was thought that most everyone would submit samples of humorous things they might say during play in this voice-controlled game...instead of captions which just sounded funny along side the screen caps. Well, at any rate, at least we've all had reason to check out the screen caps & are now aware of this unusual game. :^)

bread's done
Back