Hot! Rogers Video Previously Played Games 2/$40 YMMV

Nesmaster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from Rogers Video here in Sherwood Park on Baseline. They had the signs up saying 2 for $40 on ALL used games. There was no start or end date, and the other Rogers in Sherwood Park didn't have the sale, so YMMV. Maybe this is a sign of something to come in their Eplus flyer for August?

I ended up getting Monster Madness, Forza 2, RE4 Wii, and F4ROTSS. (360) :)

Wait a sec, you can get any two used games for $40? Like, games that are more than $40 in the first place? Jumpin' jesus, what the hell am I doing sitting here browsing the forums.. *jumps in the car to head to Rogers*

[quote name='Kekumba']Wait a sec, you can get any two used games for $40? Like, games that are more than $40 in the first place? Jumpin' jesus, what the hell am I doing sitting here browsing the forums.. *jumps in the car to head to Rogers*[/quote]

Yes, Monster Madness and F4 were $49.99, and they worked.

Hell yeah, son.. this is the deal I've been waiting for. Now let's just hope they have some decent games.. I'll hit them up bright and early tomorrow.

[quote name='Kekumba']Hell yeah, son.. this is the deal I've been waiting for. Now let's just hope they have some decent games.. I'll hit them up bright and early tomorrow.[/quote]

Don't forget to call first. Save gas.

And time.

Well I have to stop by my grandparents to drop off a lawnmower, so I'll just stop in to Rogers on the way.. if they have nothing good, or no sale at all, I'll call some other places.

[quote name='maigoyume']sexy deal, but i hate getting the used stuff, can't stand scratches at ALL[/quote]
If you find imperfections in the disc, come back the next day and say that the disc was skipping or something. I am sure that they will replace your copy with another one on the shelf. I tried it, and it worked.

You may also get a replacement on instruction manuals that were raped and beaten, depending on how much of a punkass/bitch the clerk or CSR is.

[quote name='maigoyume']sexy deal, but i hate getting the used stuff, can't stand scratches at ALL[/quote]
So I guess you'd rather waste the extra money buying them new, rather than:

A) Living with it.
B) Finding some place to resurface them for a couple bucks.

GET OFF CHEAPASSGAMER!!! :p

I'm just playing with you, but saving $20 - $50 PER TITLE > a few scratches. If it bothered me enough I would resurface them. :)

Are these roger's deals generally a good time to grab some better games to use for trading in for consoles at EB or are the prices still too high to make it very efficient?

Hell yes! Hopefully its at mine (and one thats about 10 minutes away that actually has lots of PS3 games...hope its there!)
Thanks OP.
Hopefully this isn't very YMMV.

I just got back from mine and it is on. But it is TODAY only. Which also may be YMMV. Keep that in mind. Best to act now. Mine had a shit ton of games, anybody want me to grab something for them? Mine has Scarface if anyone wants to trade for it.

One day seems very odd... Usually they run for the weekend at least. Guess we'll find out, maybe it's in the August Eplus flyer.

One day? Bull.

Mr. Rogers Boss: Hey! Let us declare a 2/40! Today only!
Mr. Asshat Clerk: But Sir, what about advertising and promotion?
Mr. Rogers Boss: Ah, let us assume that everyone owns a computer and an account to RFD and cheapshitgamer.
Mr. Asshat Clerk: You mean cheapassgamer...
Mr. Rogers Boss: There you go! See, you proved my point. Now, let us bask in this phantom-like promotion. BASK DAMN YOU.

Sorry, a bit excessive.

He said it was one day only because they are having a massive clearance on PPV movies, my rogers had well over 1000 movies out for sale in cardboard boxes under a tent thing.

[quote name='Nesmaster']So I guess you'd rather waste the extra money buying them new, rather than:

A) Living with it.
B) Finding some place to resurface them for a couple bucks.

GET OFF CHEAPASSGAMER!!! :p

I'm just playing with you, but saving $20 - $50 PER TITLE > a few scratches. If it bothered me enough I would resurface them. :)[/quote]i was just gonna wait for the price to drop, got enough of a backlog right now and no money
i can see where you're coming from though, but i can always wait till they're $20 a piece :)

I ended up doing ok, I got

wii:
mortal kombat
scarface
big brain academy wii degree

360:
Shadowrun
Monster Madness
Forza 2
Spider-Man 3
Pirates of the Caribbean
Fantastic Four

PS2:
God of War II

[quote name='magiic']I ended up doing ok, I got

wii:
mortal kombat
scarface
big brain academy wii degree

360:
Shadowrun
Monster Madness
Forza 2
Spider-Man 3
Pirates of the Caribbean
Fantastic Four

PS2:
God of War II[/quote]

All for $228, damn.

Though you could probably cut costs through trade-ins. Or, through here.

I grabbed a couple doubles so I could get some more points on goozex, I actually have 12 games in total. Here is to hoping the deal comes back in August.

I definitely gotta stop by there today. If I manage to get something (which might end up being slim to none), I'll update this post.

Im going to stop by mine and see if by some miracle they are doing it still even though they said they were only doing it for one day. Anyone have games they want to trade around.

[quote name='magiic']Im going to stop by mine and see if by some miracle they are doing it still even though they said they were only doing it for one day. Anyone have games they want to trade around.[/quote]

Yeah, and please try to see if you can find me a copy of Halo 2 if possible.

I'll look I've never seen a copy of Halo there before though :(
the xbox selection usually sucks, I've seen some gems in the ps2 section, however it is the xbox 360 and wii sections that rock the house :)

mine had about 30 xbox 360 games and about 15 Wii games

on a side note I have managed to lose my copy of Mortal Kombat part of me thinks the guy at Rogers never put it in my bag maybe. I dont if I dont find it by tonight should I call and see if they have my copy?

[quote name='magiic']mine had about 30 xbox 360 games and about 15 Wii games

on a side note I have managed to lose my copy of Mortal Kombat part of me thinks the guy at Rogers never put it in my bag maybe. I dont if I dont find it by tonight should I call and see if they have my copy?[/QUOTE]
Which Rogers did you go to. I called a few but none had the deal on.

[quote name='magiic']mine had about 30 xbox 360 games and about 15 Wii games

on a side note I have managed to lose my copy of Mortal Kombat part of me thinks the guy at Rogers never put it in my bag maybe. I dont if I dont find it by tonight should I call and see if they have my copy?[/quote]
Check your receipt. If the game is on there, you are safe, but I wouldn't wait another minute to get another copy. The least they can do is store credit.

EDIT: For a more convincing arguement, try to bring all the games that you bought at the 2/40, and have them count each one to verify your purchases.

we picked up Tenchu Z and Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree. been wanting to find Tenchu cheap since it came so, so thanks very much for this thread!

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Check your receipt. If the game is on there, you are safe, but I wouldn't wait another minute to get another copy. The least they can do is store credit.

EDIT: For a more convincing arguement, try to bring all the games that you bought at the 2/40, and have them count each one to verify your purchases.[/quote]
Im just waiting to make sure my girlfriend doesnt have it in her bag or something stupid. Yes it is on my receipt so I did pay for it. Even if they just let me get another Wii game I'd be happy. I'd be suprised if the guy forgot to give me the game Im also positive I have seen it at home atleast once. I dont it's bugging me though I can tell you that. I'll post here what happens.

@arnoldrimmer
I went to the one at Westshore Town Centre in Langford. On Kelly Rd I think.

EDIT: My girlfriend had it :cool:

Just got off the phone with my Rogers they were doing it yesterday only. So I guess weather the deal is still open is probably very YMMV. He said one up island is doing it two weeks from now. Go figure.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Darn, I don't visit CAG on the weekend and this happens. Gah.[/quote]

Ah, it was a YMMV. So far only magiic and OP have been getting the 2/40.

I've been finding unless it's in the eplus these sales are massive YMMV. This is the first time I've been able to get the deal when seemingly everyone else cant. It's always the other way around. Every Rogers in Canada does it except mine lol

At least 3 stores in Winnipeg are doing it (Regent, McLeod, Meadowood). Mind you I didn't get anything. As long as you can find one store in your city that is doing it, you can get the other stores to call over there and confirm.

[quote name='TheBigBoi']It seems as though us in Ontario rarely get the good deals as our Rogers seem to suck.[/quote]

At least your stores get a good selection. It's just more susceptible to hoarders because there are more of you out East.

In Vancouver the selection is pitiful: PS3/Wii games are almost non-existent.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']At least your stores get a good selection. It's just more susceptible to hoarders because there are more of you out East.

In Vancouver the selection is pitiful: PS3/Wii games are almost non-existent.[/quote]*puts hand up* i took the two copies of the robinsons to trade into EB, i apologize to those that did not get to experience the wretched existance of this game :bomb:

My rogers in St. Johns doesnt have it. they barely have any used games, i guess cause they are fairly new. bought x men legends 2 for 10$ though

[quote name='ccbl']my rogers in ottawa isnt doing it[/quote]

Yeeep.. I went to two, and called five on Sunday and got nothing but "Nope, not right now".. one of the guys I chatted with told me that it comes and goes, so I should keep looking at flyers or checking back every week. Sucks too, because at that same Rogers they had The Bigs and Gears, my two most wanted games.

bread's done
Back