Iron Man - Gen. Discussion & Info - Demo on XBLM Now

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
doesn't seem too interesting to me. looks like "fly here blow this up and fly over here and destroy more stuff" and not much more in between.

The pluses seem to be that the world is humongous.

Graphics look great, but the game itself looks horribly, terribly, incredibly boring.

"Um, if you like action games.. if you like, you know, being one man versus a million people, you're gonna like playing as Iron Man!"

He sounds very confident!

[quote name='mr ryles']doesn't seem too interesting to me. looks like "fly here blow this up and fly over here and destroy more stuff" and not much more in between.

The pluses seem to be that the world is humongous.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what I was thinking.

This game will suck if it doesnt have the vital thing that everyone loves about iron man:
PROTON CANNON!!!

Ironman%20Proton%20Cannon%20Edit.jpg
http://www.newathens.org/files/Ironman Proton Cannon Edit.jpg

The photo-realistic environments now look similar to Ace Combat 6. I'm really excited about the flying section of the game. i'm interested in seeing the other sections of gameplay though.

Voice talent announced:
SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (March 20, 2008) –SEGA® of America, Inc., SEGA Europe Ltd., and Marvel Entertainment, Inc. announced today that the Iron Man™ video game, based on the successful Marvel comic book series and the upcoming film by Marvel Studios, will feature the voice talents of Robert Downey Jr., Terence Howard and Shaun Toub. All three actors will reprise their onscreen roles of Tony Stark (Downey), Lt. Col. James “Rhodey” Rhodes (Howard), and Yinsen (Toub). The Iron Man video game launches day and date with the blockbuster movie on May 2, 2008.
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/16017/Iron-Man-Voice-Cast-Announced/

Looks alright but games released with the restraint having to tie into the movie gives me pause, probably gonna suck

Sweet...I have it pre-ordered at Amazon since they had a price mistake of 49.99...this will make me decide whether I keep it or cancel it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sweet...I have it pre-ordered at Amazon since they had a price mistake of 49.99...this will make me decide whether I keep it or cancel it.[/QUOTE]

Do you happen to know what the xbox live update was for? I'm assuming this is why Microsoft told me yesterday they were updating their servers when I was trying to reserve a coffin (I did the towel trick and its working this morning).

[quote name='Superstar']Do you happen to know what the xbox live update was for? I'm assuming this is why Microsoft told me yesterday they were updating their servers when I was trying to reserve a coffin (I did the towel trick and its working this morning).[/quote]

Nothing major yet:
[quote name='MajorNelson.com']A few minutes ago, the team released a system update for the Xbox 360 over Xbox LIVE. Sometime over the next few hours when you sign in to Xbox LIVE you’ll recieve a prompt to accept this mandatory update. This update contains code to ‘prepare for future growth of the service.’ There are no other changes or enhancements in this update…in other words no new features. The next obvious question you’ll have is about the Spring update. At this point we have nothing to announce, and the moment there is information to share I will do so.
[/QUOTE]

Since I downloaded the update this morning, my system loads up faster.

Also, thanks for the update on the Iron Man demo. I am downloading it now and am at 90% :).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Nothing major yet:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information, and I am sorry for getting off topic. In an attempt to somewhat put this back on topic.. my demo is downloading very slowly. 55% :(

Edit: My demo finished and I played through it. The graphics looked nice but I really disliked the controls. It felt very weird to me. Maybe it's just me, though. I am interested to hear others impressions of the demo.

[quote name='Superstar']Thanks for the information, and I am sorry for getting off topic. In an attempt to somewhat put this back on topic.. my demo is downloading very slowly. 55% :(

Edit: My demo finished and I played through it. The graphics looked nice but I really disliked the controls. It felt very weird to me. Maybe it's just me, though. I am interested to hear others impressions of the demo.[/quote]

Explain more about the controls please. I m still at work so I have about 3 hours till I can play the demo. Other than the controls what else is good about the demo?

[quote name='Mrcapcom']Explain more about the controls please. I m still at work so I have about 3 hours till I can play the demo. Other than the controls what else is good about the demo?[/QUOTE]

Flying around just felt clunky to me. I don't know how to explain it. The demo is pretty much what you'd expect from an Iron Man game. A lot of flying, shooting, punching/destroying things. The mission in the demo has you go to different bases to destroy things. You pretty much fly around, go to base 1, destroy, base 2, destroy, ect.

Yeah, the controls get some getting used to. The controls seem really loose. The on ground combat seems really lame, but the flying effects are sort of cool. Blowing up stuff and ripping stuff in half is not half as satisfying as it should be. I think it would make a good rental.

ya, if they had married the ground combat of ultimate destruction to the long range fire and flight mechanics of this it would've been quite great.

wow, that was bad. im flying and shooting and the screen changes to me being prompted to press b so i can rip a mounted cannon off......solid.

demo is bad, superman returns feels very polished in comparison. absolutely no chance i even rent this.

I don't know the jury is still out on this game, but I will tell you I am disappointed with the demo.

Why, in a demo, do you only allow one upgrade credit? how come the first splash screen I saw with the controls, was after my first ten minute run? The unibeam is powerful, but atleast with the energy shield armor layout, it felt like weak repulsors and little to no strength amplification. You have a fly button, and a hover button, but no jump. The hover button is essential a vertical take off, and fly is your horizontal travel, but a simple fence takes longer to get over and land them if I could punch through it (which you can't) I have to say, not feeling to super in this superhero demo.

I can only hope that, like Burnout Paradise, a not so stellar demo, leads to a great game. Even with my rabid fandom for the golden avenger, I doubt I will buy this day one. (Unless the movie is awesome, which is how the first spiderman game got me)

It's just not very interesting to play. I don't feel like the controls offer any actual strategy. Evading fire is pointless, you end up just hovering and shooting repeatedly. There's multiple alternative shooting modes, and very little else to do.

Getting up close and personal doesn't offer anything more impressive.

I think its pretty good. Not worth 60 bucks but when it gets in the 30 dollar range ill pick it up. I like the controls. Its pretty awesome when your flying shooting at a tower ground pound to destroy the stark weaponry then take off flying straight at a tank hit the melee button and rip the top off. graphics are pretty considering how huge the land is. i wanna see some super villian fighting though.

Played a lot faster then I thought it would, but besides that it was what I was expecting from the previews I have seen. Would rent it when I get gamefly again.

I thought it was pretty bad but I can see some potential. If they have a better control option it'll improve greatly. It needs to handle the flight similar to Superman Return's controls. That would take it up a notch at least.

[quote name='a_bleak_tomorrow']Its pretty awesome when your flying shooting at a tower ground pound to destroy the stark weaponry then take off flying straight at a tank hit the melee button and rip the top off.[/quote]

None of that happened as fluidly for me as you described it. It all felt awkward and crunchy ..

bread's done
Back