Halo 3 Exclusive Preorder Deal at Target - Halo Actionclix! *PICS Added*

Scavenger4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
This was just unveiled this weekend at San Diego Comic Con and is the most exciting preorder bonus I've heard of yet!

Wizkids LLC has announced an exclusive deal with Target to package two promotional figures from the new Halo Actionclix gameline with a preorder of Halo 3 from Target stores! There is no official flier that I can find yet but here are the Wizkids links:

Youtube video announcing the bonus: http://www.wizkidsgames.com/wk_article.asp?cid=41519

Link about Halo Actionclix and the Battle Damaged Scarab:
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/wk_article.asp?cid=41517

More details will be posted as the actual details come out.

EDIT:

Here are the fulll details for this promotion!

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/wk_article.asp?cid=41557

PASTED:

Pre-Order Halo 3 at Target and Get a Free Halo ActionClix Preview Pack!

Beginning Sunday, August 12, and continuing through Sunday, September 16, pre-order Halo 3 at Target and receive a free Halo ActionClix Preview Pack when you pick up Halo 3 after its September 25 launch!

Preview Pack Contents
• Master Chief and Arbiter Halo ActionClix figures with character cards
• Halo ActionClix game rules
• Full-color game map

Halo ActionClix brings the incredible Halo universe to players’ tabletops via the award-winning Clix miniatures game engine. Releasing Wednesday, September 19, it will also contain exclusive Halo 3 content.

And remember: You’ll be able to get the Preview Pack only at Target, so get that Halo 3 pre-order in by September 16!

meh..how big are the action figures though. if they are small ass useless things then id rather get the wall graphic from circuit city

Heroclix are about a quarter of an inch tall. Think Dungeons & Dragons metal minature figurines, but made out of plastic.

Personally, I think Circuit City's 4 foot tall Master Chief wall graphic pre-order bonus is better.

[quote name='Haggar']Heroclix are about a quarter of an inch tall.[/quote]

They are about 2 inches tall, IIRC. My son has a Marvel and DC Heroclix collection. Unless these are smaller.

[quote name='Haggar']
Personally, I think Circuit City's 4 foot tall Master Chief wall graphic pre-order bonus is better.[/quote]

Is that still going on?

Hmm, does anyone rememeber the free Halo 2 Strategy guide with the purchase of Halo 2 at Target?
I'm intrested in those meaty deals, not some 2 inch fingures, or posters
Freebies FTW

The best part about this deal is that these figures are exclusive to the pre-order only!

Even if you aren't thinking about playing Halo Actionclix, these figures will probably bring about $20-$30 on the secondary market (depending on how many each store gets). Which is a pretty good chunk off the cost of your game.

IMO you aren't going to find a cheaper Halo 3 than what this will cost if you sell of the figures.

[quote name='y2jedi']They are about 2 inches tall, IIRC. My son has a Marvel and DC Heroclix collection. Unless these are smaller.[/QUOTE]

I believe this will be around the same size as Heroclix, but I could see them being a bit smaller to accommodate the vehicles.

[quote name='linkpwns']Is that still going on?[/quote]

its suppoed to be, however i just went to cc and they gave me some bullshit story on how they are no longer taking preorders for halo. its still on their site though and advertised all over the store. i told them to go to hell

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']Scarab looks big. If thats a free preorder bonus, sounds good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the pre-order bonus. You pay $60 for the game and get a $250 figure for free.

[quote name='SNKMat']how do I cancel a pre-order from bb?[/quote]
If you want your deposit back I have no clue, otherwise just don't go and pick it up.

wow how big is that scarab, if it is as big as it looks then wow, does target do the legendary edition preorders? cuase i really want the legendary edition.

edit* wait is the scarab even included in the preorder or is it just the 2 inch figure

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']wow how big is that scarab, if it is as big as it looks then wow, does target do the legendary edition preorders? cuase i really want the legendary edition.

edit* wait is the scarab even included in the preorder or is it just the 2 inch figure[/QUOTE]

The pre-order is for the 2 inch figure. The battle damaged Scarab was a San Diego Comic Con exclusive but there will be a nation wide release of another Scarab (and it is as big as it looks, absolutely huge!).

Target does do the Legendary Pre-Order according to their website, but isn't showing details about the Halo Actionclix just yet.

I wonder if you get the pre-order bonus right when you pre-order, or when you go to pick up the actual game. (I am kinda interested in the Halo ActionClix stuff...)

eh the halo 3 preoder from circuit city seems better for me, i rather have a 4 ft poster. does anyone know if i preorder from circuit city and have them mail it to me, can they cancel my preoder at anytime?

CC deal is that you get the poster when you get the game, soooo I mean there is no way to get the poster except for actully payin the full price I believe

uh sorry my last post was confusing, i want to preorder halo 3 from their online site and have them ship it to me. but i was wondering if CC will cancel my order out of the blue, like randomly for some reason. if thats possible then i rather go to gamestop or ebgames and preorder it there. basically i'm asking if i preorder from their site, will i be 100% sure that i'm getting it first day, i wont have to worry about cc cancleing my order?

Hmm, does anyone rememeber the free Halo 2 Strategy guide with the purchase of Halo 2 at Target?
I'm intrested in those meaty deals, not some 2 inch fingures, or posters
Freebies FTW

I sure do remember, since I was working there at the time I was able to get a guide held on for me till I got the game later in the week.

So you can preorder the Legendary edition at Target? How much do you have to put down? I'd be willing to give my money to Target and get a free little figure than give a $130 to EB/GS and get nothing.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']So you can preorder the Legendary edition at Target? How much do you have to put down? I'd be willing to give my money to Target and get a free little figure than give a $130 to EB/GS and get nothing.[/QUOTE]

Me too actually....The only thing holding me back is that I don't think stores like CC or Target will have midnight openings.

wall graphic or actioclix? just preorder from both places and return the games to BB for credit :D

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']uh sorry my last post was confusing, i want to preorder halo 3 from their online site and have them ship it to me. but i was wondering if CC will cancel my order out of the blue, like randomly for some reason. if thats possible then i rather go to gamestop or ebgames and preorder it there. basically i'm asking if i preorder from their site, will i be 100% sure that i'm getting it first day, i wont have to worry about cc cancleing my order?[/quote]

they dont ship it out to u till the 25th so u wont get it for a few days

Updated with full details including pictures!

Beginning Sunday, August 12, and continuing through Sunday, September 16, pre-order Halo 3 at Target and receive a free Halo ActionClix Preview Pack when you pick up Halo 3 after its September 25 launch!

Preview Pack Contents
• Full-color game map

Halo ActionClix brings the incredible Halo universe to players’ tabletops via the award-winning Clix miniatures game engine. Releasing Wednesday, September 19, it will also contain exclusive Halo 3 content.

And remember: You’ll be able to get the Preview Pack only at Target, so get that Halo 3 pre-order in by September 16!

[quote name='Scavenger4']Updated with full details including pictures!

Preview Pack Contents
• Full-color game map

And remember: You’ll be able to get the Preview Pack only at Target, so get that Halo 3 pre-order in by September 16![/quote]

Oh man, those look pretty cool. Now I don't know if I should just get the ActionClix at Target, and definitely get Halo 3 on the 25th, or preorder at FYE, and take the chance of them not having Halo 3 on the 25th, but have 10% off via my Backstage Pass card. I decided to only get the standard edition, so $6 isn't as big of a deal as $13 would have been off of the legendary edition, and it would be funny to see Master Chief against Big Daddy too... anyone know how I should go with this?

People are way to concerned on the size of the figures. They are made the same scale as the original heroclix.

Reminds me of the hobby business and Die-cast metal. Consumers in that business always automatically associate weight with value.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']So you can preorder the Legendary edition at Target? How much do you have to put down? I'd be willing to give my money to Target and get a free little figure than give a $130 to EB/GS and get nothing.[/quote]Regular and CE versions only.

It's $10 that's a gift card, like they did with Pokemon Diamond & Pearl. You pick up the bonus items when you pick up the game, not beforehand.

[quote name='PyroGamer']:lol: @ "most exciting pre-order deal"[/QUOTE]

Feel free to skip out on this pre-order but I am willing to bet this will be the BEST pre-order bonus for Halo 3. The figures are going to be hard to come by after the pre-order is over and plenty of people who play Halo Actionclix are going to be all over them.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']"Maybe I'll coerce one of my friends to go pre-order it at Target, and pay him some money for the figures, depending on quality."[/QUOTE]

The quality of the figures is fantastic. For a miniatures game the amount of color they have on some of these figures is amazing. They are same dimensions of Heroclix figures if you are familiar with them.

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']someone should do a macfarlane halo 3 figure deal, that'd be rad.[/QUOTE]

exactly.

Can you preorder the games at the B&M target stores, or just online? This is the one game I won't wait a couple days for.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']exactly.

Can you preorder the games at the B&M target stores, or just online? This is the one game I won't wait a couple days for.[/QUOTE]

You can preorder at the B&M stores. Look for a game case that offers the Halo 3 preorder. You will receive a gift card with $10 on it (the preorder down payment) that will be used towards the purchase price of the game. And when you pick up the game you'll get your free Halo Actionclix preview pack!

I did not bite on any pre-orders yet. If they are cool looking maybe I'll need to snag it at target. Just another thing to consider.

[quote name='Scavenger4']You can preorder at the B&M stores. Look for a game case that offers the Halo 3 preorder. You will receive a gift card with $10 on it (the preorder down payment) that will be used towards the purchase price of the game. And when you pick up the game you'll get your free Halo Actionclix preview pack![/QUOTE]
thanks.

I just clicked on this thread and something caught my eye that I had to share .. Notice the ad on the top, and the OP's profile pic.

I didnt know CAG ran CC banner ads.

[quote name='badboysean']I just clicked on this thread and something caught my eye that I had to share .. Notice the ad on the top, and the OP's profile pic.

I didnt know CAG ran CC banner ads.

[/QUOTE]

Thats just hilarious! I've never noticed a CC add on CAG but I will from now on!

I think I'll be going into Target to see about preordering there to get the ActionClix stuff.

How easy is canceling a GS preorder? I preordered H3 well over 4 months ago at Gamestop, I have the receipt still, would I just say I want to cancel the preorder balance and get it put on a gift card? I may not be able to use credit for the game but I think I'd feel better about preordering if I got something out of it.

As good as Target usually is about business, I just have a feeling that they'll have no idea what I'm talking about on the ActionClix bonus. Would they pack it with the game in shrink wrap when it comes out or what?

[quote name='dg7md']As good as Target usually is about business, I just have a feeling that they'll have no idea what I'm talking about on the ActionClix bonus. Would they pack it with the game in shrink wrap when it comes out or what?[/quote]
The people at my Target knew all about the ActionClix bonus. Maybe we have actual gamers in the video games department now, or something. :applause:

They will hand it to you, according to them. It's not shrink wrapped with the game. You'll need your receipt and the pre-order gift card to get it.

[quote name='Distrato']Will they have a midnight release?[/quote]Check out this week's Target ad. Says they won't have a midnight release, they'll have it on release day at 8AM.

bread's done
Back