Need help finding a functional/sexy computer case

Capn Stabby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
I'm kind of tired of my current case, the Nemesis Elite. I bought it as a wow-that-looks-cool kind of moment, without looking up how the innards are arranged. Cable management is non-existent and airflow isn't all that good.

I'm looking towards something not only functional in terms of space, airflow and cable management but one that looks sleek as well. I don't know too much about cases, but I've done some perfunctory research and found the Antec cases to be pretty highly regarded.

Specifically, the P180 and Nine Hundred really caught my eye. The main attracton of the P180 is its super sleek design and people say it's really quiet, and the Nine Hundred has 2x120mm fans, with a 200mm fan on top, so that should really help me handle the Socal heat.

I was hoping people had some suggestions for other cases as well? My budget is about $50-80 (which makes it hard for me to pull the trigger on the Antec cases).

Thanks!

Oh, I'm looking at Mid-tower ATX cases only.

I never really liked the whole black with blue LEDs thing, and green is also vey boring. I think cases should be in every color imaginable, black and silver are too common. Right now I have NZXT Orange Apollo, it has some red LEDs and it looks great.

I always liked the P180, it looks nice and sleek. The Nine Hundred looks lame, the whole see through front wire thing looks terrible. The top looks like cheap plastic but I dunno, it could be good. It just looks so black and plain.

I always liked the Lexa case, it just looks awesome. I also think that one case that is shaped strange, kinda like a Stormtrooper helmet, looks cool.

I just bought the Antec P180B (Black) - it arrived yesterday and will put the PC together this weekend. It was $129.99 at zipzoomfly - no tax, no shipping - it also had a $30 rebate - but it looks like that expired yesterday. So my total should be $99.99.

It's big - 21.3 in high, 8.5 inch wide and 19.9 inches deep. It looks well made.

And it seems to have some of the features of the P182 which is more expensive - the 2 fan control switches on the back - and room to route the cables behind the motherboard tray.

It received pretty good reviews at newegg.

I didn't particularly want a door in front because where I'm going to use it, it's stored in a "cubby" under my monitor in my desk - I won't be able to open the door - so I will probably put it in with the door open and flat against the side.

I was also considering the Cooler Master Centurion 5 and 534 which are in your price range. (but cool aesthetics were not a high priority for me)

I got a black Ultra Aluminus... it's simple and has a sleek paint job and it's got plenty of room inside for stuff. I have two red cold cathodes in it and the end product is pretty cool.

I'd go for it. It's a very good case from reviews I've read. I can't wait to use it. It's going to look a lot better than my FAR case.

bread's done
Back