Open casting call: Forum Guides

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I've decided to give something new a try: forum specific mods or, as I am calling them, Forum Guides.

Forum Guides job will be able to move/lock/edit posts and threads to keep their respective forums organized. The will also try to help out CAGs who are in their forums.

If you are interested in a Forum Guide position, please post in this thread with the forum(s) you are interested in serving.

Thanks!

I'd be interested in being a guide in any/all:
-Video Game Deals
-Deal Discussion
-Nintendo
-General Gaming
-Request a deal
-CAG Feedback (even necessary?)

These are the forums that I frequent most, and I usually have my eye on them pretty consistantly throughout the day.

I am always viewing:
DVD Deals
Deal/Shopping Discussions

To a lesser extent:
Other Deals/Requests
DS/GBA
Wii
Cag Lifestyle and Off-Topic

I am browsing throughout the day, and would love to help out in any way I can. Thanks for this opportunity!

Sure, why not. This is just another excuse for me to do less work while at work, so I'd be happy to help out a little. Not being a full-fledged mod sounds like a simpler task than the great Shrike Shamans of Old. (Bwa ha ha! Old! Yageddit???)

So I'd be happy to look over (as should be expected) the Nintendo Forums, specifically the Wii forums.

Seems like a good place to ask: Could I start up some sort of repeating blog-type post over there simply concerning Nintendo? I'd like to think it would be enjoyable.

I'd be interested if you need help, as I get to spend a lot of time on CAG at work.

The forums I'm mostly on are:
- 360 and original XBox (Mostly regarding XBLA and the Game Nights)
- The CAGCast (do we even need more people for that?)
- PC Games (which is pretty quiet, but is starting to ramp up again thanks to SC)
- Off-Topic (but I think there are people who are more suited for that area than I)
- DVD Deals (as I spend a lot of time on DVDTalk as well, as DVDs were my love between systems)
- Wii

[quote name='shrike4242']Fantastic idea, Cheapy. It should help out a great deal with spreading out the workload.[/QUOTE]

Assuming the overall number of mods is increased.. I'd say it sounds like a good idea. Just worrisome that we could end up with 3 trading forum mods online and noone else.

The PS3 forum always seems so sparsely moderated so I'd like to help there if possible.

I'd be up for the Cag Halo 2 forum as well. It's not very active now, but in two months I'd imagine it could use some extra help.

And if there's still spots available, I would gladly volunteer for the video game deals forum since I'm usually on late at night when the spam hits and no one is on to take care of it.

I would like to second Ugamer_X's bid for PS3 guide, and I would very much like to join him.

I've worked hard to keep the sparse PS3 fans informed with new info and threads. Helping out new users since launch day with any questions.
I really do think of myself as lover of all systems, but the industry "whipping boy" the PS3 has become is what prompted me to spend much of my time in that board.

Anyway, just hope to be considered. I'm sure most of the PS3 board regulars would say good things.
The PS3 board is starting to flourish now with a lot of new faces, it's going to get busy this year's end.

[quote name='Strell']Dallow doesn't get to be a mod forum guide because I pwn him so bad in Smash Bros.

*flex*[/quote]::whimpers::

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Assuming the overall number of mods is increased.. I'd say it sounds like a good idea. Just worrisome that we could end up with 3 trading forum mods online and noone else.[/quote]I'm sure Cheapy will do what he thinks is best for CAG in the numbers of mods + forum guides.

In any case, I think the VGD forum and Trading Forum both need more than one guide, as those are the two most active areas on CAG.

In total number of mods, I think we should get 1-2 more in addition to backfilling my position. Again, IMO.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm sure Cheapy will do what he thinks is best for CAG in the numbers of mods + forum guides.

In any case, I think the VGD forum and Trading Forum both need more than one guide, as those are the two most active areas on CAG.

In total number of mods, I think we should get 1-2 more in addition to backfilling my position. Again, IMO.[/quote]
Just out of curiosity, but would you ever consider being a Trading Forum Guide as opposed to a Global Moderator? Does one position seem more appealing than the other?

Not trying to yank you out of a comfortable retirement of course, just asking. ;)

Are we looking at having more than one per forum?

I can't possibly spend MORE time on here, so what the hey, put me on the interested list for Wii/DS, General Gaming, Video Game Deals in order of desire.

Edit: I noticed Linkin was made moderator recently, congrats.

I'd be up for helping be a guide to the Microsoft gaming forums since I'm helping out organize the CAG Gaming nights (I'm already running the Thursday and Friday night threads).

I'd be up for the Nintendo forums if you need a hand. Heaven knows I'm on here enough throughout the day, I might as well help out a bit.

I think i could handle your man in Japan forum, right now its just a clusterfook

edit

I guess Nintendo, LifeStyle, and VS if you need it

[quote name='botticus']Are we looking at having more than one per forum?

I can't possibly spend MORE time on here, so what the hey, put me on the interested list for Wii/DS, General Gaming, Video Game Deals in order of desire.

Edit: I noticed Linkin was made moderator recently, congrats.[/quote]

Thanks!

I'd be willing to help out in the trading forum. Shrike could even be my mentor.;) I've gained a lot from this forum so it shouldn't be a problem to give something back.

I tend to frequent the Video Game Deals, Request a Video Game Deal, DVD Deals, Deal/Shopping Discussions & Bragging Rights, CAG Video Game Trading, and Game Auctions & Auction Discussions forums. I'd be up for taking up a position in one of those, though once this semester starts I'll be only mostly in the afternoon/evening or early morning. I don't know, maybe that makes me more useful :p I wouldn't be good as a lone moderator for a single forum (unless it's a slow one) but I could certainly help another guide or two keep things under control in a forum that warrants having multiple guides.

[quote name='botticus']

Edit: I noticed Linkin was made moderator recently, congrats.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, congrats indeed. Another stealth appointment like Shipwreck!

I'd like to be a trade in value guide (spend enough time updating the wiki anyway), but then there isn't a trade-in value forum. I guess it goes under Deal Discussion, perhaps? Though recently most of the trade-in deal discussion has just been in threads in the regular video game deals section. I spend most of my time in Video Game Deals (of course), all of the Nintendo forums, and the Xbox 360 forum. Another place I might be able to help out in is "Game Auctions & Auction Discussions". Though wubb kind of has that handled, I try to help him answer ebay newbie questions when I can ;).

But whatever... anywhere I might be needed let me know. The Wii forum would be the most fun, but there's a lot of competition there, and Botticus and/or Strell (along with some others) would be good choices.

Like Ugamer_x, I'm also a late-nighter so could help out wherever off-hour help is needed ;).

[quote name='botticus']Edit: I noticed Linkin was made moderator recently, congrats.[/QUOTE]Congrats, Linkin! Did you just become a mod today? If so, you're doing a bang-up job on your first day :)

On topic, the forum guides is a great idea. I like a lot of the folks already volunteering to be forum guides (especially for the Nintendo forums :D ), so I think CAG will have its bases covered.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Congrats, Linkin! Did you just become a mod today? If so, you're doing a bang-up job on your first day :)

On topic, the forum guides is a great idea. I like a lot of the folks already volunteering to be forum guides (especially for the Nintendo forums :D ), so I think CAG will have its bases covered.[/quote]

Thanks, I started last night as a Microsoft Guide Mod...became Super Mod today
super.gif

If needed i can help with the Trading forum, game auctions, Video game deals, deal discussion and bragging rights. those are the ones i frequent the most

Since i am going to be staying home with my newborn i will have time and will usually always be up late

This is a nice idea and hopefully it works out well for the CAG community:applause:

I'd like to help out in the PC Games and Gen Discussion forum. It's easily the forum I frequent the most, and I think that us PC guys need a bit more love around here :).

[quote name='botticus']Edit: I noticed Linkin was made moderator recently, congrats.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

I'll do whatever. PS3, Off Topic, and Vs Forums are where I spend my time primarily.

Hey! I used to be the ORIGINAL Xbox Mod!! LOL

PC crashed back in the day, and lost me title :(

I'd LOVE to be reinstated as a mod. I'll take Wii or the DS/GBA please!?
(Or anywhere, really)

I'd be interested in the PS3 and PSP sections. I know I don't post all that much but I spend an awful lot of time lurking...

I would be interested in Maintaining The PC forums, Free Stuff and Politics and Controversy Forums preferably in that order.

I check all of those boards at least every 2 hours and generally even more.

I'd be interested in the General Gaming board and the PS3 board. Those two boards I spend 99% of my time in so I could really help out and "keep things neat" in there.

I'd be interested in helping with the XBox boards, the classic/old school gaming boards, and the Southeastern Region CAG board.

I'd be up for helping out in the General Gaming, PS3, PS2, PSP, and Wii forums. No mods visit any of those forums, so it'd be nice to whip them into shape. ;)

bread's done
Back