Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged FREE after MIR at FYE YMMV

mrblinG22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (94%)
I was at my FYE and they had stacks of Xbox Live Unplugged for 20 bones and a 20 dollar mail in rebate.

if you dont have a HDD ..:lol:.. then this is a good deal if you dont mind the wait for the MIR

EDIT~ NOT ONLINE PEOPLE.

I got my rebate in the store at the register, they give them with the purchase.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT AND THERE WAS NO SIGN OF A REBATE DO NOT OPEN!

Who cares about the hard drive this is a good deal regardless. You actually own the games. Not to mention buying them off the marketplace would be very pricey.

[quote name='Corvin']Who cares about the hard drive this is a good deal regardless. You actually own the games. Not to mention buying them off the marketplace would be very pricey.[/quote]

whatever you say :D

[quote name='mrblinG22']whatever you say :D[/quote]
I think he meant that if you don't have a hard drive, you can't download the xbox live games off marketplace.

[quote name='Link927']I might need to check it out next time I go to FYE, but has anyone had expierence with MIR from FYE?[/quote]

they send them, you just need patience :)

I think he meant that if you don't have a hard drive, you can't download the xbox live games off marketplace.

bingo

Are u sure the MIR is still active, cause I remember that the MIR, been out there for a while now.I believe it is like 4 or 6 months back when this MIR came to this collection.any info........

Thanks!

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']FYE is a store
mir is mail in rebate
hdd is harddrive[/QUOTE]

He lies.

FYE is a clown.
Mir is a type of cabbage
hdd is a sexual position.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']He lies.

FYE is a clown.
Mir is a type of cabbage
hdd is a sexual position.[/QUOTE]

^^^^
AGREED

[quote name='hcamacho']Are u sure the MIR is still active, cause I remember that the MIR, been out there for a while now.I believe it is like 4 or 6 months back when this MIR came to this collection.any info........

Thanks![/quote]

thats odd.. this seems extremely YMMV

[quote name='Staind204']What games are on this?[/quote]
these 6 games
  • Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved: One of the most popular games on Xbox Live Arcade, Geometry Wars Retro Evolved is a space shooter with a frenetic, high-definition twist. (Rated E)
  • Wik: Fable of Souls: Wik’s beautifully mysterious world of fairytale charm unfolds as you swing by your tongue through 120+ single player levels and seven modes of play, including same-console multiplayer! (Rated E)
  • Outpost Kaloki X: Solve challenges, entertain visiting aliens, and rake in the money in Outpost Kaloki X, the light-hearted space station tycoon game. (Rated E)
  • Bejeweled® 2: With awe-inspiring planetary backdrops, explosive new gems and dazzling special effects, Bejeweled 2 is more wildly addictive than ever before! (Rated E)
  • Hardwood Backgammon: Play a game of classic Backgammon against the computer, against a friend on a single console, or against on online opponent over Xbox Live. (Rated E)
  • Texas Hold 'Em: This poker title simulates the tournament setting right in your home, and with Xbox Live Vision, you’ll feel like you are in Las Vegas. (Rated T)

[quote name='Staind204']What games are on this?[/quote]
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
Wik & The Fable of Souls
Outpost Kaloki X
Bejeweled 2
Hardwood Backgammon
Texas Hold 'em

Edit: Knew I'd get beat to it.

[quote name='mrblinG22']thats odd.. this seems extremely YMMV[/QUOTE]

BY the way, I remember seeing the MIR in the box, and it seems it was by microsoft the rebate that is.not sure , was a long time ago.

[quote name='soxfan30']I think he meant that if you don't have a hard drive, you can't download the xbox live games off marketplace.[/QUOTE]
Then he would be wrong. The reason XBLA games had a 50 meg limit for so long was so they would fit on a memory card. The limit was only increased when larger memory cards were introduced.

[quote name='Damian']Then he would be wrong. The reason XBLA games had a 50 meg limit for so long was so they would fit on a memory card. The limit was only increased when larger memory cards were introduced.[/QUOTE]

It's nice to know....that the CAG community is a well informed gaming community!

CHEERS!!!

This deal is definitely good... if it turns out to actually work. If it didn't come in my bundle, I would get on this. Geometry Wars Evolved, Texas Hold'em, and Bejeweled 2 are alone worth paying $20 for. Sucks that you have to have the disc in to play, though. But I guess people would be copying this thing left and right if it wasn't for that.

[quote name='mrblinG22']whatever you say :D[/QUOTE]

You said:

[quote name='mrblinG22']
if you dont have a HDD ..:lol:.. then this is a good deal [/QUOTE]

Which implies that this is only a good deal if you don't have a HDD. I simply said it is a good deal regardless of your HDD status. :cool:

Also if anyone doesn't want to wait on a rebate, chance actually getting it, missed out on deal, etc., you can get Unplugged off half.com for about $5 these days.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']He lies.

FYE is a clown.
Mir is a type of cabbage
hdd is a sexual position.[/QUOTE]
Wait, what? I was under the impression that...

FYE= Foxy Young Eunuchs
MIR= a russian space station
HDD= Hoarded Devil Dogs

Also, nice deal. I'll have to check it out. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='daminion']can the OP post details about the rebate? is there a URL on the coupon for where to download it?[/QUOTE]
I would like to know more about it before I open my copy for no good reason... if is an expired rebate, Ill just return it to FYE

Another question to throw on the list, how long would it generally take to get the rebate? We talking a month+?

Part of the appeal of the XBLA games is the fact you can play a multitude of them without having to play a disc.

At least for me, anyways. I'd take it if it were straight free, but not otherwise.

I was in FYE yesterday and asked a clerk about the rebate. He was unable to locate anything in their system. He then rang it up and no rebate form popped up with the receipt. I supposed there's still the possiblity there is a Microsoft rebate form inside the box, but the OP hasn't offered up any additional information as of yet...

I just stopped by the only FYE in the Twin Cities proper (Burnsville Center) and the Clerk said he knew nothing about this rebate. Plenty of copies of XBLA, but i'm not paying for this disc when I own half of the games anyway.

bread's done
Back