CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Wii's in stock at Amazon Japan:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000KFDO3A/

and

Toys R Us in Kameido, Tokyo (taken 7/21/2007)
984580662_a770cb0d12.jpg

Those TRU tickets remind me of when I was a teenager with the original nes. I'd have no money to buy a game, but I'd grab all the papers for the games I wanted from TRU, and then take them home. Whenever I got paid from whatever shit job you have when your 15, I'd shuffle thru my tickets and decide what game to go buy.

Wow what exciting and diffrent news that a common network retailer and a common super toy market store has the Wii in Stock. I should jump for joy that I can find something that was released yesterday in stores. Hurray there is brand new merchandise for sale at TRUS. Hurray.

Interesting, looks like Nintendo is stepping up Wii production before the holidays.

And I can't believe your TRU still uses those stupid tickets, I remember those back when I was a kid getting SNES games.

[quote name='CheapyD']Wii's in stock at Amazon Japan:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000KFDO3A/

and

Toys R Us in Kameido, Tokyo (taken 7/21/2007)
984580662_a770cb0d12.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Holy shit TRU in Japan has the tickets.

[quote name='Puffa469']Those TRU tickets remind me of when I was a teenager with the original nes. I'd have no money to buy a game, but I'd grab all the papers for the games I wanted from TRU, and then take them home. Whenever I got paid from whatever shit job you have when your 15, I'd shuffle thru my tickets and decide what game to go buy.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I remember around Christmas time my parents would tell me to take the tickets of the games I wanted.

Japan may be in the future, but when you walk into TRU it seems to travel back in time to 1990. Tickets are for bikes and playsets! USA! USA!

[quote name='yukine']
And I can't believe your TRU still uses those stupid tickets, I remember those back when I was a kid getting SNES games.[/QUOTE]

I remember when they went to the ticket method during the Atari years .

They used to sacrifice 2 copies of the game to show you the front and back of the boxes trapped behind plexiglass .

Cool Cheapy , don't worry you'll have your US Wii soon to not play games on .

You'll also have a new friend code !!!

[quote name='Richlough']I remember when they went to the ticket method during the Atari years .[/quote]
You're showing your age, you damn old geezer.

wow i remember this when i was kid. i got most of games at TRU using that ticket method. niice...and...

DAAAAaAYYYYUUUUUUUMMMM thats alot of tickets.

[quote name='integralsmatic']wow i remember this when i was kid. i got most of games at TRU using that ticket method. niice...and...

DAAAAaAYYYYUUUUUUUMMMM thats alot of tickets.[/QUOTE]

Doesnt mean that they have that many Wiis............or do they.....

I smell a a bundle change coming after Christmas. Maybe they'll finally get rid of the Wii Sports Pack-in. At least give us some of those famous Nintendo colors.

Dude I think I seriously need to get my eyes checked. I read the title as "Wife Getting Easier to Find in Tokyo" and thought, "WTF?!? Why is Cheapy's wife always getting lost?!? Is she trying to ditch him, or do they play some sort of weird city wide game of Hide and Seek?"

[quote name='Puffa469']Those TRU tickets remind me of when I was a teenager with the original nes. I'd have no money to buy a game, but I'd grab all the papers for the games I wanted from TRU, and then take them home. Whenever I got paid from whatever shit job you have when your 15, I'd shuffle thru my tickets and decide what game to go buy.[/quote]

you asshole.. you're the reason i had to spend 5 hours a day doing inventory on that crap.

[quote name='dyreschlock']you asshole.. you're the reason i had to spend 5 hours a day doing inventory on that crap.[/QUOTE]

You actually count how many papers are left?

[quote name='Link927']You actually count how many papers are left?[/quote]

yeah, i kept an accurate representation of what we had in stock out on the shelf. can't have people buying product we don't have.

actually, the whole reason i broke into doing video game stuff at my toys r us is that the previous person didn't do such things, and got into a huge argument with the management about it.

man.. that was a while ago. nearly a decade in fact.

[quote name='Cursor']I smell a a bundle change coming after Christmas. Maybe they'll finally get rid of the Wii Sports Pack-in. At least give us some of those famous Nintendo colors.[/quote]

Maybe... but they had to buy Wii Sports separately in Japan.

[quote name='Cursor']I smell a a bundle change coming after Christmas. Maybe they'll finally get rid of the Wii Sports Pack-in. At least give us some of those famous Nintendo colors.[/quote]

theyll probably keep wiisports and add another game that tries to prove why the wii is better than all the other consoles because of its interactive controls

[quote name='WiiGame']hey cheapyd.... how come your in japan? (sorry i missed it... notice my join date)[/quote]

cheapy moved to japan cuz his wife got a better job there and cheaspy wanted to promote the xbox in japan wanted to make it popular

Finnally They're instock,
Japan Budget: $4,000 (im going to japan for a month in december and thats the money i have to spend)

wii sucks, i have it, and it's collecting dust next to my broken ps3 (first gen 60gb).

490.jpg

as you can see, this is a pic when i bought re5. the wii can be seen in the background.

I can pretty much walk into any store and find a Wii. I was in my local walmart and they had about six of them.

[quote name='ysdarkfact']I can pretty much walk into any store and find a Wii. I was in my local walmart and they had about six of them.[/QUOTE]

That's how it should have been several years ago as well.

bread's done
Back