Giving tax information to referral web sites?

phreak5k

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey, I've received a great amount of prices from YourFree360Games.com and a week or so ago my status were changed on two pending prize requests. I emailed them as was instructed and this is the response I got:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

Your order is on a temporary hold as fulfilling it would exceed the
$600 gift limit on our site. In order to receive gifts totaling over $600
during one calendar year on one of our sites, we are required by federal
law to collect a completed W9 form from you and report the value of
your gift to the I.R.S.

For more information on a W9, you may visit the link below.
http://taxes.about.com/od/taxglossary/qt/W9.htm

You may obtain the form at the link below
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf

Once completed, you may mail it to us at

Transcendent Innovations, Inc.
9624 S. Cicero Ave #319
Oak Lawn, IL, 60453

Or for faster receipt, fax it to us at (312) 276-8929.

As soon as we have received and processed the form, your order will
be shipped!

Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you have any further
questions!

J.M.
Account Services
Transcendent Innovations, Inc.
www.trainn.org
Now I've gotten a lot of free stuff from them, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here, but I'm a little hesitant to send them tax information especially with my social security number.

Any CAGs what to chime in on their opinion?

Also I live probably 30 minutes to an hour away from them, so I could rent a car for and give them a visit to make sure everything is on the up and up.

Sure, I go over $600 on all the networks I do.. W-9's are no problem, simply print them, fill them out, scan them back, and it's easy. Plus it's super safe as to which network you're working with. Need anyone information? Pm me.

Plus Trainn is probably the only network you can bet your balls on, I've completed every signle one of their websites, and I've received every single penny owed to me with no problems.

Nope. That's what's so fucking awesome about trainn, it's something other networks can't afford. You can do every single trainn site and not have to do a w-9! W-9 for trainn would only be necessary if you: 1. Go over $600 in YourFree360Games, or 2. Do the iPhone site and go for the 8gb iPhone!

I had a friend do the tax thing too -- since the ps3 went over the limit (here in Canada, back when the price was $700 CAD + $14% tax).

He had no prob. You can trust trainn more than any other site.

bread's done
Back