CAg Cast way tooooooo looonnngggg

kennytomson

CAG Veteran
does anyone actually sit through an entire cagcast? you guys have to edit that shit, or break it into sections letting people know what's where. I was curious to hear your opinions about guitar hero 80's but I can't sit for 2 hours while you tell me again about your pizza friend.

I'm actually with you, OP.

I have tried to give it a listen on multiple occasions, and what I hear is quite funny and informative. But I just can't get the entire way through. And I am not the kind of person that likes to stop and start later.

I love long cagcasts. If there is this much news, then its a good thing to cover it all. I usually listen to the cagcat the whole way through, but if you think its too long you can always listen to it in sessions. And your comment about cheapy talking about pizza too much, this is part of what makes the CAGcast special. Its wombat's complaits about his dog, and cheapys weird ass experiences in japan that set it apart from say and IGN podcast. You get the same information, but more personal. Anywho, shouldn't this be in the podcast forum?

edit: the mods here sure are fast

I like my CAGcasts like I like my CheapyD Japanese Sausage; long. :) Longer CAGcasts are always more informative, hilarious, and entertaining.

Your mom says I'm too long, in my pants.

I have no problem with the length of the CAGcast, I actually enjoy it when they have the occasional 2 hour show. And it's not like you can't do other things while listening, it's called multi-tasking my short attention span friend.

personally, I love long cag cast, and the cag cast is what I look forward to every week. they're very entertaining and always give me something to do for a few hours (especially keep me company on long car trips by myself). so, I have absolutely no problem with the length of the cag casts.

I like the longer CAGcasts because CheapyD and Wombat can go into more depth about everything from what is happening with them personally to the games they are playing thatweek and everything else!

If you feel that it is too long then just listen to it in parts or do other things at the same time.

I really like the CAGcasts, and don't have any complaints, but I do think it would be better if they weren't so long. It's hard for me to find the time to listen.

I do listen in sessions, but I end up 2 or 3 casts behind.

Sometimes CAGcasts are definitely slow and borring, but that's not necessarily always because they're too long.

A lot of people here listen while at work, so the length is a blessing, I'm sure.

I do enjoy the longer CAGcasts, especially for when I have to travel to Chicago every couple of weeks. Just curious though, for the people who do dislike the longer ones, how feasible would it be to create chapter breaks or something to allow people to skip to specific sections of the show?

totally disagree OP, the show should be 3 hours long. it's good good stuff and i listen to everything. i listen at work and it's a blessing. if you feel it's too long, there's a pause button dude.

[quote name='strummerbs']Just curious though, for the people who do dislike the longer ones, how feasible would it be to create chapter breaks or something to allow people to skip to specific sections of the show?[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with just pausing it. My only problem with the length is that I get so far behind.. I've already got a backlog of games, I hate having a backlog of CAGcasts too.

I could listen to it at work, but I'd rather watch movies there, so I guess that's my problem.

The CAGcast length is great. I only listen to about 2, maybe 3, podcasts, so I appreciate that length of the CAGcast because it helps fill in the time of my daily commute.

I don't know how long you've been listening to the CAGcast, OP, but there used to be a huge public outcry in the CAGbag for LONGER CAGcasts. Cheapy and Wombat addressed it on numerous shows.

The longer the better. Keeps me entertained while at work so I don't lose my mind. I actually hate it when game podcasts go for less than an hour.

I agree that the length is perfect for the current podcasts. I listen to the CAGcast during my commutes, I will usually listen to half on the way in and half on the way home. Works out great.

I tried to sit through it once, but it was just too boring. Maybe you have to be involved in the CAG community a bit more too enjoy it. I dunno. They just sound like a couple of dudes talking about random stuff and then eventually they get to a game or two.

Most of the time, I don't listen to the whole cast, just certain parts. It would be great if there was an outline of topics and times when they started included with each cagcast so one could easily jump to certain sections.

I like the length of the cagcast. I can't say that about many other podcasts out there.

Another vote against the OP here.

[quote name='dragonreborn23']I tried to sit through it once, but it was just too boring. Maybe you have to be involved in the CAG community a bit more too enjoy it. I dunno. They just sound like a couple of dudes talking about random stuff and then eventually they get to a game or two.[/quote]

eh, but that's why it's good. i enjoy their opinions. when they did their live shows, the callers ruined it for me.

I think 90 minutes is about right. I usually listen to it while playing Texas Hold 'em or Uno on Xbox Arcade.

Yah if you can't listen to 90 minutes of radio in your week you have bigger things to work on.

This is CheapyD and Wombat who take their personal time to entertain us. So those that say the show is too long, does this mean that you only find CheapyD and Wombat entertaining for short periods of time? This is the podcast I look forward to the most with the CAG foreplay in 2nd place and quite frankly the more the better. I just wish there was more developer theatre.

[quote name='kyogensho']I agree that the length is perfect for the current podcasts. I listen to the CAGcast during my commutes, I will usually listen to half on the way in and half on the way home. Works out great.[/quote]
That's actually the exact same thing I do.

I like to get drunk, then when I come home, put it on my ipod, and pass out. Good times, I have even told Cheapy this..

I love that the Cagcast lasts almost 2 hours. I listen to it during my classes when it is independent work time. I get bummed when they come to a finish. If they were any shorter it would feel rushed. I think they are perfect just the way they are.

I listen to it at work and love the longer podcasts. Maybe the OP should download a media player that has a fast forward button.

I can understand people thinking its way too long if they have to devote an evening to it, but while working, while walking, while driving, while commuting, while disc golfing.. there are so many occasions i have to listen to it while not disturbing my daily activities that the length doesn't bother me a bit. In fact, my daily activities tend to drag on when i run out of show to listen to.

Seeing as how I just found this site the other day when searching for good video game podcasts I haven't yet heard a CAGcast yet but as far as for the podcasts I have heard I always like them longer instead of shorter.

CAGCast is to long? Lol!

I ussually listen to AGI where it can sometimes be up to 6 HOURS in length! Now that is long.

I don't mind it. Cause i'd ussually listen to the shows at work, and I hate short ones cause they dont help the time go by.

2-3 Hours or more is the best.

[quote name='kennytomson']does anyone actually sit through an entire cagcast? you guys have to edit that shit, or break it into sections letting people know what's where. I was curious to hear your opinions about guitar hero 80's but I can't sit for 2 hours while you tell me again about your pizza friend.[/quote]

I like the length of the podcast, as well as the way it is organized. You learn about the hosts which I believe ads to the emersion of the show. For the most part it is segmented with the opening, consoles, whats new, etc. etc. Anyway keep up the good work guys, you help me through my mornings at work.

I think they should dump the "games coming up this week" segment. CAG foreplay covers it quite well and be repeating that content (in an abbreviated form) you aren't doing the Foreplay podcast any favors. Just mention what you plan to buy.

The length is (as always) dependant on the quality of the show. A shitty show seems longer than a great show of the same length. IMO, the CAG hits that "great show" status 75% of the time.

[quote name='usickenme']I think they should dump the "games coming up this week" segment. CAG foreplay covers it quite well and be repeating that content (in an abbreviated form) you aren't doing the Foreplay podcast any favors. Just mention what you plan to buy.[/quote]

I agree to a point I don't mind hearing about major Releases but that section could use a cut down now that we have Foreplay Podcast.

I do think if they want to start getting paid for the CAGcast they should start to edit out some of the dead time, and perhap edit in music between topics. It needs polish for the "next level" if that is their intent.

Coming from a time when I was working the graveyard shift, and would listen to Art Bell's five hour radio show, there's no way in the world the CAG Cast is currently too long. 2~3 hour podcasts are great.

Think it's too long? Don't listen to the entire episode. Don't fight to get the show shorter, and then ruin things for the rest of us.

[quote name='SL4IN']personally, I love long cag cast, and the cag cast is what I look forward to every week. they're very entertaining and always give me something to do for a few hours (especially keep me company on long car trips by myself). so, I have absolutely no problem with the length of the cag casts.[/QUOTE]

I agree fully, to the people who are having the problems maybe you should split it up over a few days or something. Or just stop listening.

bread's done
Back