The Official CAG Wii-Tag Thread. Make Your Wii-Tags Here!

seanr1221

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
What started as me looking for a good Wii-Tag site turned into a full-fledged CAG project! Thanks to the help of Ep2011, Doomed and LinkinPrime, we have a collection of card templates, Gamer Pics and game icons. So far, you need to copy the template (below) into a paint-like program and then copy the icons you want (which can be found here http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/WiiTag/) and paste them into place. Finally, pick a Gamer Pic from the ones Linkin and myself have made, and you're all set.

While this is pretty much a custom job right now, people are working on some type of generator to make this work easy. But as it is now, making you're own card is a snap (The one in my sig took about 5 minutes) and they look excellent to boot!

If you want to make your own, or help the community by submitting templates, gamerpics, or game icons, just post here, and we'll continue to update the OP. If you don't have Photoshop, use Paint.net, its free to download and its great. Make sure that you save your images as .png files and not .jpg since .jpg compression looses picture quality. Since you will be modifying your own, any font can be used. I suggest using Dafont.com they are free, and they have an abundant amount of fonts, you can search by name of font, description of what you're looking for (ie: Wii, Nintendo).

Once again, thank you EVERYONE for the help. If anyone wants to contribute templates, gamer pics or icons, feel free to post them in here!

Gamer Pics LinkinPrime made (49x49px)
bowservw9.png
dkms3.png
dktoysu8.png
foxwv4.png
ikebz4.png
goomba2ut2.png
waluiginl0.png
goombadm7.png
mkmb1.png

kirbyic4.png
lemmyva7.png
linkuz6.png
mariowt2.png
mariofirepo6.png
marioluigiqs4.png
roydv5.png
marioyoshiie4.png
samusmf5.png

mariotoywl1.png
metroidkj6.png
pikachujg6.png
pitvy8.png
pacmangh9.png
birdowq6.png
yoshitl7.png
zeldauw3.png
wariohk1.png

protomanjd6.png
megamanzu7.png
nemesisdr5.png
re43tz0.png
re42rw2.png
rabbod2kr1.png
rabbidfa8.png
monkey4hm6.png
monkey3lq9.png

monkey2rt3.png
monkey1tj7.png
metroidlogocopynf2.png
metroid2jq9.png
metroidcellps1.png
reggierr1.png

Here are some Gamer Pics I made (52x52px)
8bitmariogptv8.jpg
nmhgpdc4.jpg
dpadgpxj6.png
peachgpgl7.png
gannongpef2.png
gannon2gpbq4.png

Gamer Pics by Botticus (49x49px)
luigiex9.png
gumshoexw3.png

Gamer Pics by Lilboo (49x49px)
iconwendyta9.png
drwrightgj7.png
deoxyssh6.png
knucklejoeyf3.png
groudonak6.png
iconpaperpeachlm0.png
iconpaperbowserbb1.png
iconpapermariogh8.png
iconreggievy5.png

peachsm9.png
pkmtrainerbz1.png
iconkammyjc3.png

Gamerpics by Purple Flames (49x49px)
gamerpic1.png
gamerpic2.png
gamerpic3.png
gamerpic4.png
gamerpic5.png
gamerpic6.png

gamerpic7.png
gamerpic8.png
gamerpic9.png
gamerpic10.png
gamerpic11.png
gamerpic12.png

Gamerpics by lebowski (52x52px)
daisy-strikers.png

Gamerpics by Charron (49x49px)
powblockuser.png
punchoutuser.png
tigerwoodsuser.png
vectormanuser.png

Here are some templates LinkinPrime made...

wiicaglp5.png
wiicardredbj1.png
wiicardpurpleqh9.png
wiicardkr7.png

wiicardaquart5.png
wiicardgreenlo4.png
wiicardyellowah8.png
wiicardpinksr7.png

wiicardredbtf3.png
wiicardaquabxt9.png
wiicardgreenbed1.png
wiicardyellowbtk6.png

Fancier LinkinPrime made templates can be found on post #3

More Templates thanks to ep2011:

Template1.png
Template3.png
Template2.png

Template from Doomed

floater.png
orange.png
greenclouds.png
blueclouds.png
blackblue10.png

Template by jmaii
kirbytag.png

--= Howto make a Wii-Tag in Paint =--
--= By: ep2011 - Do not copy or post anywhere without permission =--

First off, point your favorite web browser (I'm using firefox) to

Next, scroll down to where the templates are:

Now find one you like, right click on it, and press
Firefox: "Save image as..."
Internet Explorer: "Save Picture as..."

Save it to a place that is easy to find. I suggest the desktop.

Note: If you use a transparent template and you use paint it will not stay transparent. If you want a transparent Wii-Tag, either use another program such as The Gimp Or Paint.net. Alternatively, you can Private Message Doomed who will be happy to make a Tag for you in return for a game icon. Look at the post below for info.
Now open Microsoft Paint:

Now press File -> Open and pick your template you downloaded:

Now go back to the forum, and find a gamer icon you want to use:

Now copy and paste it into Paint.

Move it to the box on the right. You may need to resize it a bit (use the arrows on the bottom right of the gamer icon):

Now its time to add games! Go to:
and copy a game icon that you want to use. Paste it into Paint and move it to the lower left box. You can refer to Step 4 for help with this. It will look like:

Now repeat this and fill the rest of the boxes. You are almost done! It should look like this:

Now its time to decide something. Do you want a wii code in your signature? If you do, then follow step 6a and skip step 6b. If you don't, then skip step 6a and go to step 6b.

6a.

Okay, you have decided you want a wii code shown! This is very simple. All you do is go to paint and press the A button:

Now click under where it says "Wii Console Number" and drag a box:

Now type in your wii friend code. If you want to change the font, press View -> Text Toolbar.

6b.

Okay, you have decided you don't want a wii code shown! This is even simplier. Just click on the eraser tool:

Now go over where it says "Wii Console Number".

You're almost done!!! Just take the text tool (The A button, check step 6a for more info or look at the picture below) and make a box where you want your name shown. If you are using this template I suggest the top bar. Then click where the arrow is pointing in the picture below. This will make the white box in the text box go away:

Now just type in your name/username/wiiname/anything, press File -> Save, and your done!!! If you have any questions, post here and I'm sure myself or someone else would be happy to help.

---

If this seems a little too complicated for you (I tried to make it as clear as possible, though) then post here with your icon request, your games and the template you want and I'm sure someone wouldn't mind making one for you (I will if I'm not busy). But please note that people get no benefit for making it for you, so do not rush anyone or make anyone feel obligated to make one for you.

The new new new icons page is here. I am open to requests for new icons or if you make an icon that you think is better than one of the ones already posted, feel free to say so. I can also make you a gamercard if you make an icon. Fair enough, eh? If I'm in a good mood I might do it free.

Icons created by me, seanr1221, LinkinPrime, ep2011, liboo, botticus, thegame1921, and most likely a bunch of other people as well.

Fancy Templates Created by me, must be edited through Photoshop or the FREE Paint.net to allow transparencies:

Super Mario:
supermariogb1.png

Mario Strikers Charged: Bowser
bowserac2.png

Fire Emblem: Ike
ikepg4.png

Metroid: Samus
metroidmv9.png

Ouendan: Ryuta Ippongi
ryutapz7.png

...More to come.

I'm using 52x52 for the gamerpics. 30x30 for the game icons.

I use SeaShore. I think it may be a mac only program. If you have windows, you can try GIMP. It has a scale option, and you can use that to shrink things really easily.

Using CouRageous' idea for Strikers pics, here's Salsa Luigi from http://wii.nintendo.com/site/mariostrikerscharged/

luigiex9.png

As you go farther down, they probably get to small, so you'd have to shrink the full pic, but from at least Luigi and those left of him, you can just cut out the appropriate size.

I'll probably be replacing Ike with this one, but if anyone else loves Gumshoe as much as I do, I guess they can use it:

gumshoexw3.png

Hopefully there will be a Wii Phoenix Wright, there's a boatload of pics we could pull from that series if it were more relevant.

I might stick this guy in place of my Ike, but I guess if anyone else loves Gumshoe as much as I do, they're welcome to it:

gumshoexw3.png

Uh oh... we need to find a better host for these. Looks like Linkin's are already exceeding bandwidth.

Edit: Nevermind, it's back. Though I should still probably look for something better than imageshack for my own card.

I guess this will be my offical icons post. A link to it in the op would be appriciated.
I might be able to mirror the tags on my google page. Worst case scenario is we make people download them.
---
See third post, the *new* official page for my icons.

Well just learning what I just learned..lol..I went to the smash bros site and took a few pics and tried to turn them into gamer pics. No one will probably use them..but still. I tried. They are 49x49 and .png so these should be good! Hope they are..lol

drwrightgj7.png

Dr Wright

deoxyssh6.png

Deoxys

knucklejoeyf3.png

Knuckle Joe

groudonak6.png

Groudon

[quote name='lilboo']
Another suggestion would be to have a few more game icon options per game. But it's really not that important!
[/QUOTE]

My friend with photoshop took care of this for me by making a gif

wii-tag-mii-anim.gif

[quote name='CombatCraig']My friend with photoshop took care of this for me by making a gif

wii-tag-mii-anim.gif
[/QUOTE]

Wow that's awesome!

Here's mine! lol it's obnoxious! too much purple.. damn you Peach!!

CurrentCard.png

Now I gotta find a gamertag with the same size-- (any suggestions??)

So, could anyone whip up a tag template with only one blank space? I find the Wii code rather useless and would prefer just to have my name.

[quote name='Rocko']I think it's pretty self-explanatory myself.[/quote]

Yeah but some people have never worked with even paint. I was thinking of having a step by step tutorial in paint (with tons of pictures). And as you can see from the WIP thread (the locked one), I coded for Doomed all the icons in Forum code so he can post it easily. It would be much more organized and straightforward, even for someone who has no experience on a computer.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']ep2011 and Doomed, you know have the 2nd and 3rd posts.[/quote]

Yeah thats great. Thanks! I'll work on a howto thing.

Would anyone mind giving a go at making a Battalion Wars image? I tried just shrinking down this beast that IGN has to 30x30, but it's pretty illegible. If it's not possible to get the whole logo in, BWii or the star by itself would probably work as well.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/849/849911/img_4699803.html

Trying to look ahead to what games I will probably be getting, making icons in advance. If anyone can make better versions of these, my feelings won't be hurt. Just trying to do my part!

Dewy's Adventure:
dewy2kk8.png

Boogie:
boogieoa9.png

Zack & Wiki:
zackwikiva5.png

I'm not at my home PC so I can't make any stuff right now, but I'll work on some stuff tonight, so if anyone wants something specific please post to let me know.

[quote name='botticus']
Just trying to do my part!

Dewy's Adventure:
dewy2kk8.png

Boogie:
boogieoa9.png

Zack & Wiki:
zackwikiva5.png
[/quote]
You sound just like Gumshoe. ^.^
My Boogie/Dewy icons look pretty much the same, but I'll get Zack and Wiki up on the double, pal.
BWii is also up, but I'm not too proud of it.

[quote name='Doomed']You sound just like Gumshoe. ^.^
My Boogie/Dewy icons look pretty much the same, but I'll get Zack and Wiki up on the double, pal.
BWii is also up, but I'm not too proud of it.[/quote]:lol:

Whoops, didn't check your page first! BWii is gonna be tough unless we can find a pic of the star by itself, not cut off by the rest of the logo. Nice DQ pic!

If anyone wants to make little sigs that say something like "Wii-tags" (very small) to advertise the thread for CAG's feel free.

Im going to start the paint tutorial.

[quote name='Doomed']Seeing as the game is like 4-6 months away I'm sure well come up with something once there's more material.[/quote]Hey now, be optimistic! It's only 3 months, October 29!

[quote name='ep2011']If anyone wants to make little sigs that say something like "Wii-tags" (very small) to advertise the thread for CAG's feel free.

Im going to start the paint tutorial.[/quote]How about... (click)

YAY!

I took a well deserved break after Paper Mario and decided to help make more!

The following are game icons. 30x30, right? I hope I got it right lol

Kirby's Adventure
gamekirbysadventurekg1.png

Dynamite Headdy
gamedynamiteheaddyyc8.png

Streets of Rage 2, all 3 characters
gamesor2whitehn0.png
gamesor2girlsg2.png
gamesor2blacksy1.png

1 New Gamer Pic!

Wendy O' Koopa!
iconwendyta9.png

EDIT: Not a bad idea! I'll add a link to this thread in my card! I'll probably take my 360 one off since I technically DO have it on the side lol.. unless I can find a smaller one that I like.

I'll get those uploaded. After those, we'll have 64 unique game icons. (2 of the SoR ones will get on the alt. page)

Just got back from work...time to read over this thread. Will edit this post in a bit ;)

*EDIT* I lol'd at how LP changed my OP around a little bit. I was like...hey, I didn't write that :lol:

Lilboo, I'm about to update the OP with your Gamer Pics.

To celebrate today's announced game:

Pawa Pro!

powerprotf0.png

2 for Contra III, I'm leaning towards the C, character is probably too generic with another Contra coming to VC at some point. And yes, MS Paint is the greatest graphics program evar!

contraiii2jl5.png
contraiiiak9.png

[quote name='botticus']To celebrate today's announced game:

Pawa Pro!

powerprotf0.png

2 for Contra III, I'm leaning towards the C, character is probably too generic with another Contra coming to VC at some point. And yes, MS Paint is the greatest graphics program evar!

contraiii2jl5.png
contraiiiak9.png
[/QUOTE]

QFT!

[quote name='ep2011']Hows the tutorial so far? Im almost done. 3 more steps I think.

And This is working out great![/quote]Tutorial's very good, it's pretty much what I did step-by-step.

Manhunt - I'm sure it will come out eventually!
manhuntzr1.png

Ok so maybe very few people may use these, but at least they are available..ya know? lol

Mortal Kombat Armageddon
gamemkaww5.png

DBZ Budokai Tenkiachi 2
gamedbzoh3.png

Spongebob Creature from the Krusty Krab
gamespongebobsx6.png

[quote name='mpj31']Why doesnt somone just create a php image?[/quote]

1) We need a web host

2) It's not that simple

3) It takes time

4) I will if I ever get a webhost, but it will take awhile if I have to do it (School is starting soon, etc)

--

Tutorial is done!!! Comments? feedback? corrections?

[quote name='mpj31']1) Good point, google doesnt do php?

2) Whats hard?

3) Not too long

4) See 3[/quote]

If you think it's so easy then you can do it. It is hard to have it display correctly, have everything work, etc.

bread's done
Back