$10 off Madden 08 at Blockbuster

petrieslastword

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
I assume this will work at GR as well, seeing as they are owned by BB. Received an e-mail today letting me know a coupon would be coming for $10 off Madden 08. I'll be sure to post it when the cupon arrives.

header.gif

madden.jpg

[quote name='mpj31']Can you price match to CC? lol[/quote]

I think you can, if you have the coupon.

that would be cool to get the $10 off at CC and then that $25 code for that fan's edge crap or whatever it is

[quote name='seanr1221']Nice!

Now...which version to buy...[/QUOTE]

May I suggest Madden 07?

Not that I'm that hardcore a cheap ass...I just like having my Bengals out of jail and on the field, y'know. ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']May I suggest Madden 07?

Not that I'm that hardcore a cheap ass...I just like having my Bengals out of jail and on the field, y'know. ;)[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

As an Eagles fan that rofles my copter ;)

[quote name='h2dk']any blockbuster or gamerush??? (I still have some credit to kill and no gamerush anymore)[/QUOTE]

Are our local Blockbusters starting to sell new games again? That would be great if so. Every time I ask they tell me they've never sold new games, despite the fact that I used to buy them there all the time (about 8 months ago and before). They did get rid of them all around last Fall though. And even when they had them, they never had hot new releases - just best selling GH/PC type stuff.

I've heard that some Blockbusters (non-GR ones that is) have started a pilot program to sell new games, though. This coupon may have only been sent out in those markets. The only test market I know of is in Ohio (because botticus has seen it).

[quote name='io']
I've heard that some Blockbusters (non-GR ones that is) have started a pilot program to sell new games, though. This coupon may have only been sent out in those markets. The only test market I know of is in Ohio (because botticus has seen it).[/quote]I did get this email, in case that is the determination.

Yeah, I was kind of wondering that as well. Are you guys signed up with Blockbuster online or something? I've never given my email to them despite all the GR dealings I've done in the past.

[quote name='io']Yeah, I was kind of wondering that as well. Are you guys signed up with Blockbuster online or something? I've never given my email to them despite all the GR dealings I've done in the past.[/quote]

I'm a member of blockbuster online, and when I get it ill post a scan asap.

It shouldn't be hard to get the coupon up and running, unless they make them one-time use (as they do with all the free rental coupons). But it'll be embedded in the email, so easy sharing.

[quote name='botticus']It shouldn't be hard to get the coupon up and running, unless they make them one-time use (as they do with all the free rental coupons). But it'll be embedded in the email, so easy sharing.[/quote]

If it was unique someone can have mine, I don't do sports sims generally, and if I do, it's when they drop to almost nothing prices.

[quote name='contej85']If it was unique someone can have mine, I don't do sports sims generally, and if I do, it's when they drop to almost nothing prices.[/quote]

PM'd

[quote name='seanr1221']Nice!

Now...which version to buy...[/quote]

xbox 360 version = 60 frames per second
PS3 version = 30 frames per second

360 version, easily.

[quote name='mykevermin']I just like having my Bengals out of jail and on the field, y'know. ;)[/quote]

Hear Hear! Is David Pollack in? Has he rehabbed enough to play any time this year?

Awesome, got my email from Blockbuster this afternoon, wasn't sure if I would get it since I saw this post already .. good deal.

[quote name='magykmyke']xbox 360 version = 60 frames per second
PS3 version = 30 frames per second

360 version, easily.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version is actually 60 FPS too.

Hmm...with the 360 version I get the best online, the PS3 version I get interactivity with the psp, and the Wii will give me the different controls and save me an extra 10.00.

[quote name='seanr1221']The PS3 version is actually 60 FPS too.

Hmm...with the 360 version I get the best online, the PS3 version I get interactivity with the psp, and the Wii will give me the different controls and save me an extra 10.00.[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_08#Graphics_and_gameplay

"Graphics and gameplay

Madden 08 will run at 60 frames per second on the Xbox 360 and 30 frames per second on the PlayStation 3[4]. A new branching animations system will allow dynamic gameplay for the first time in the franchise.[5] Players are no longer locked into animations but are now controlled more by the users.[5] Features of the new animation system include mid-air collisions, big-time, one-handed catches, hurdles, sideline catches and gang tackling."

[quote name='mykevermin']May I suggest Madden 07?

Not that I'm that hardcore a cheap ass...I just like having my Bengals out of jail and on the field, y'know. ;)[/quote]

Ouch! That hurt Myke. Makes me sad.

I wonder how good the Wii version will be. I rented 07 recently, enjoyed the controls, but that's about it. It didn't really feel like a Madden game otherwise. It felt lacking in every other aspect.

[quote name='seanr1221']Ah thanks, I'll update that thread on the PS3 boards.[/quote]

Yeah, the guy that he supposedly told that to (I think it was Shopmaster of Maddenwars.com actually recanted the 60 fps thing himself on his website a while ago.

[quote name='importguyr34']I just called my local Blockbuster and they said they would not be selling it...[/quote]

Yeah, I'm kinda concerned about this as well. I'll find out next week.

The coupon isn't in my mailbox yet; I don't think it's gone out. EDIT: The email people are getting right now is letting them know about the coupon, not the coupon itself.

BTW, don't PM me asking for it, because that's one surefire way to not get it from me. Thanks in advance.

EDIT2: NWgamer, Pollack is out for the entire 2007 season. :cry: I'm not sure if that means he won't be in Madden (or Chris Henry, or Odell Thurman, or....:lol:)

I talked to a guy at my Blockbuster. He told me that the Madden 08 order or whatever wasn't in the computer but he was "sure" they were getting it for sale, just maybe not on the 14th. He still told me to call or be there around noon since that is when the truck comes in.

[quote name='Sarrasis']

P.S. GO EAGLES[/quote]

do you guys hate TO? like if someone wears his jersey to the club, is he gonna get tore up ?

[quote name='monkeydeew']do you guys hate TO? like if someone wears his jersey to the club, is he gonna get tore up ?[/QUOTE]
Hated? yeah a little. I still see a few people wearing the jerseys though.

I think beating Dallas twice last year killed some of the animosity tbh.

No, TO is a fine player. He just has had too many off the field issues, which hinders his status a bit. And no, I don't go to clubs, I'm white and I do not beat up people for where certain clothes, I'm not an idiot.

i work at a blockbuster and we are starting to sell new games once more per certain stores. my store right now only has the darkness, ncaa 08, and mario party 8. i guess it goes according to our stores regions but i am guessing that madden 08 will be national. its kinda a big deal.... we are also starting to sell new accessories for the systems like controllers, poinits cards, and head sets. we just started to that in the last month.

I work there as well (blockbuster/gamerush store) and from what I'm hearing is that the coupon is being sent to our online total access subscribers. so I'm not sure if the $10 off will be once per coupon code or is going to be a universal single code.

bread's done
Back