Gamestop.com - Xbox - Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - $4.99 - NEW

Didn't they release it on 360, too. If so, they're not in a hurry to BC this one. Anyone still play the original online?

I did until I sold my xbox a few months ago. It was still pretty populated when I left, and as always tons of fun.

I absolutely loved this game, and it's well worth the $4.99 if you've got an xbox to play it on. Personally, I kept mine when I sold my xbox, just to play it down the road on my 360 (if they ever make it backwards compatible... which I doubt they will since they've already got a version out for it).

But great price!

I'll be getting a 360 very soon but I've owned BF2:MC since April 2006 and I still play it online to this date. It and Halo 2 have kept me entertained on my big ol' XBox for some time now. If anyone who still plays games online for the original XBox is looking for something, this is well worth their time. I don't play PC games, and I'm pretty sure this isn't as good as that version, but it's VERY fun and still populated.

I've seen this game around for months @ $4.99 @ Gamestop, but since the employees at the only ones with copies in stock are total asshats to me, I would never buy this game.

Plus...is the offline single player any good? I ask because I saw it's only ONE player(WTF?!?!)and even for $5 anymore if the single player experience blows, I won't wanna waste my money on it.

Plus...is the offline single player any good? I ask because I saw it's only ONE player(WTF?!?!)and even for $5 anymore if the single player experience blows, I won't wanna waste my money on it.

Single. Player. Is awful. The online is the true core of the game, and thats why it's fun.

I know there used to be a few good cheaters, but they have been weeded out.

But see, for someone too cheap to spring for Xbox Live(aside from the years worth I grabbed that was already expired unfortunately for $4 from Sears), SINGLE PLAYER is where its at.

This is what aggravates me about MANY games anymore, in that you either need online to play with more than one player or you have to link two systems together. The only place I could do that would be my one buddies house, but his young nieces/nephew would be the main reason I'd never take both Xboxes I have up there, since they run round like lil banshees and one good tripping over the wires and I might have TWO screwed up Xboxes.

I already had it happen to my one PS2 I used to take up there, so again, WHY must devs make multi player either ONLINE only or through system link? It's fuckin stupid to do it that way. Give me a choice whether or not multiplayer requires me to go online.....

I spotted this in store today. They also marked down a few other new XBox titles:

Hunter The Reckoning Redeemer - $4.99
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue - $4.99

All of these titles were in the "summer sale" cardboard bins still on the store floor.

it's still my favorite game for online play. The single player campaign is sort of interesting, but the multiplayer is great.

Yeah there's a few cheaters but it's typically just a few spots on maps that you'll soon learn have places where you can get into the wall and glitch. Just avoid them and it doesn't even matter.

Single player blows.

The single player campaign is OK. It's a totally average shooter that *really* doesn't use any strategy from classic Battlefield. Kill, kill kill set a bomb, kill kill kill, you beat the level.

They delayed the game a whole year to add the single player campaign, and in doing so, removed single player botmatches, like the PC versions have. Those bot matches are what kept me going back to games like Tribes for the PS2 and Battlefield on the PC. Wish the two modes in the game was "Online" and "Offline botmatch". That would make a killer game.

If you have Live; grab the game. If you don't, steer clear.

I've only played 3 missions so far, but I'm finding the single-player to be lots of fun. Hot-swapping (switching from one soldier to another instantly) is great, and gives the game a unique feel. It can be difficult to tell what exactly is going on sometimes, as there's no overview map, but other than that, I'm really enjoying it.

deal's dead now? it's removed off the site :(

Also...USA value is slower than media mail it seems...and their tracking is a POS.

still waiting on mine :|

i just picked this up in store yesterday and it came with a two month xbox live trial. i m still in the process of unmodding my xbox so i can play live hopefully the code still works :pray:

[quote name='LilPaintballer']i just picked this up in store yesterday and it came with a two month xbox live trial. i m still in the process of unmodding my xbox so i can play live hopefully the code still works :pray:[/quote]

There's an expiration date at the bottom, and since the game came out around a year ago, I doubt it :( but there's a chance!

Here is a good reason why I fucking hate GS . . . game is out of stock, no biggie . . . I'll just use the website to check if any local stores have it but NO . . . they have the worst site (removing OSS items rather than just saying 0 avail) and they KILLED EB which had the best site . . . I fuckING hate GS.

B&M stores converted all new copies to "used." So if you do find it instore it's like 7.99 now.

Also I don't think xbox live cards expire even though they have expiration dates. They were just there so that you used them up rather than sit on them.

[quote name='Ziv']B&M stores converted all new copies to "used." So if you do find it instore it's like 7.99 now.
[/QUOTE]

there's no way people will buy them NEW. people will only buy them USED and whenever there's a B2G1 on USED offers. :lol: ahahahaha

something tells me there's one coming up. :lol: ahahahaha

I found it for 4.99 new. When she scanned, she asked if I wanted it used. I said no, it was cheaper new. Apparently the only copy they had was used, and it was obviously a new one converted to used, but she gave it to me for 4.99. Not a mark on it, so i'm guessing it was the new one. I would've been pissed if I bought it new and she put a used, scratched game in there. I didn't mind that it was open.. it was only $5, it was cheaper than used and I would've opened it anyway.

bread's done
Back