Circuity City does not pricematch against online advertisements?

simpsonps121

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I just went to Circuit City and tried to get them to price match against EB World which is across the street. Mad Maestro ($19.99 vs EB $9.99) I had brought in the print out off of EB's web site which stated the $9.99 price.
They said they don't do pricematching against web sites. I called the 1-800-251-2665 customer number, and they said the same thing.

Here is what Circuit City's web site says:

Nothing's worse than paying too much. That's why we do everything in our power to make sure you don't pay a penny more than you should for anything you buy at Circuit City. If you've seen a lower advertised price from a local store with the same item in stock, we want to know about it. Bring it to our attention, and we'll gladly beat their price by 10% of the difference. Even after your Circuit City purchase, if you see a lower advertised price (including our own sale prices) within 30 days, we'll refund 110% of the difference.

The Word "Advertised" has a link on it, and when you click it, this is what it says.

Advertised price - Any printed or electronically broadcast price that is verifiable and made available to the general public. Special offers or promotions do not qualify. This includes, but is not limited to, rebates, free-with-purchase offers, and special financing.

I asked the lady, what did "electronically broadcast price" mean. She said she did not know, but they could not pricematch vs another web site. Right now I am waiting for a call back from her boss. I thanked her for her time, and I told her I appreciated her helping me. (I disagree, but it is not worth being rude about it.)

Does anyone know if Circuit City does pricematch online? Or am I just reading this wrong?

Thanks,

Hey, I just pricematched at CC with a Web site last week. It was with the KB Toys 19.99 TMNT for XBOX. Not only did they match it, they gave me the 110%, making the game 17.99. I think you just got a crappy clerk.

I don't know how else you'd electronically broadcast something, besides TV, radio, Internet. That lady didn't know she was just bs'ing you... Technically you should be able to but considering how little those stores respect their customers these days you'll just be chased away. Unless there's fine print in there somewhere you've got their balls against the wall so to speak...

Another stupid customer service rep. for you. I really hate dealing with people who know nothing about which they speak of.

Hmm... The interesting thing is that the CSA in store and the person on the phone told me the same thing. When I called and first asked to speak to someone else, she told me you have circuit city corporate. You can not go any higher than this. I said I want to speak to your boss. (Reminder - I am on the phone with the Circuit City Corporate office.) They should know what they are talking about...
Anyone else want to give it a shot calling them? Or should I just call again? Maybe another customer service person would get it right...

The joke is: I think Mad Maestro is $9.99 in the system anyway. The tags are usually wrong, so next time your in there, ask somebody to pricecheck it for you. If not, TRU has it for 10.

I`ve been told the same at Eb, Toys R us and Game stop. They wont even match their own websites. Their explenation "our store prices differ from our website prices" No shit Sherlock, I would not ask them to match them if they were the same...

[quote name='BABETOOTH']I`ve been told the same at Eb, Toys R us and Game stop. They wont even match their own websites. Their explenation "our store prices differ from our website prices" No shit Sherlock, I would not ask them to match them if they were the same...[/quote]

That happened to me at Circuit City. I was shopping for a computer headset on their website, but decided to go to their store to buy it. The item was $25 on the website and $30 in the store. When I asked them about it, they said it costs less on the website because the middleman (I guess meaning the employees) is removed. I told them that I would just go home, order the item on the website, choose free in-store pickup, and come back to the store later that day to get it. At that point, I think they were sick of dealing with me, and went ahead and sold me the headset for $25. So I guess if you complain enough, they'll back down and sell for the proper lower price.

Strange. Circuit City's in-store pickup service would make one assume that if it's one way on their website, the same goes for the B&M.

Of course, B&M stores are notorious for paying crappy wages, which won't get you an employee, it only gets you a warm body to watch the stock. In-store employees probably don't know, don't care that they don't know, and wouldn't care if they did know.

The end to this story - They never called back. I called them today, and finally got in touch with a "boss lady." She said electronically broadcast price meant over the radio or TV. I asked, so if I hear it, you will honor it, but if I see it, you won't? She said, if it was on the radio or TV, they probably knew of it.
I expressed my displeasure - Said it makes no sense for you to lose a customer who wants to buy from CC if I can walk across the street and get the same item at the same price. She thanked me for the information, and that was that.

Last time I am in CC. I will just pricematch them against someone else. (Best Buy, or comp-usa)

Take Care,
Matthew

My CC price matches websites all the time, provided that there's a local store within the area. Must be a YMMV.

bread's done
Back