[Canada] $100 360 price drop in effect Aug. 8

ennervate

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
It' actually OFFICIAL official. Canada will be getting a $100 price drop for the premium 360 starting tomorrow, August 8. This will be bringing it on par with American 360 prices at $399, which are only getting a $50 price drop. FS is also offering a bundle w/ the Forza 2 edition, throwing in Splinter Cell: DA for free.

Let's give a big hand to that stong canadian dollar, without it, I'm sure we'd only be seeing a $50 price drop too.

I'm very surprised at the $100 drop. Kudos to those that actually took notice at our dollar! Now... if only they would reprice the rest of the Xbox accessories and MS points :p

Where did you hear about FS throwing in Splinter Cell?

Now, the though part is to either wait for the Premium + HDMI that will be coming out soon or enjoy a 360 tomorrow... :dunce:

How's EBGAMES return policy? I've never bought anything from them, so i don't know if I should go to EBGAMES or FutureShop tomorrow...

Is there a 30-days money back at EB? With 65nm/HDMI version(s) coming out I don't want to take any chance!

Just went to the Futureshop in Vancouver, BC, and they are offering a Premium Bundle that includes the following:

XBox360 Premium Bundle
Forza 2
Hitman: Blood Money
World Championship Series Poker
Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Total: $499

Not sure how the price drop will affect it on the 8th.

aww man, its only for the premium? i was hoping the drop was going to apply to all versions (mainly the elite) =/

[quote name='Lyte9731']Just went to the Futureshop in Vancouver, BC, and they are offering a Premium Bundle that includes the following:

XBox360 Premium Bundle
Forza 2
Hitman: Blood Money
World Championship Series Poker
Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Total: $499

Not sure how the price drop will affect it on the 8th.[/quote]
They will probably remove this bundle and replace it with a Premium + Forza2 for 399$.

[quote name='AeonX']
aww man, its only for the premium? i was hoping the drop was going to apply to all versions (mainly the elite) =/
[/quote]
There's a 50$ price drop on the elite (from 550$ to 500$) but i don't think there will be a free game with it.

[quote name='kimphamg']Where did you hear about FS throwing in Splinter Cell? [/quote]

I work at FS :) so that's how I know the package. That deal with Hitman, World Series of Poker and Splinter cell should be done by tomorrow because of the price drop.

[quote name='ennervate']I work at FS :) so that's how I know the package. That deal with Hitman, World Series of Poker and Splinter cell should be done by tomorrow because of the price drop.[/quote]

Thanks! That's a pretty good deal, even better than the U.S one..:applause:

Did your futureshop received 360s from LOT 0728 and above? :) They suposedly have the new 65nm chips...

In other good news, I ordered a XBox360 Elite, and after arrival I checked and it's the new model with 2 heatsinks to help with heating issues.

So all the new stock you see at Amazon.ca that came last week should have the 2 heatsinks.

Finally its more in line with the exchange rate. Its still off, sure, but its alot better than it was.

AeonX, Elite is now $400

Xbox 360 will enhance the value of its entire family of consoles beginning on Aug. 8. At a new price of $399.99 (CDN), Xbox 360 offers an unsurpassed experience right out of the box with a 20 GB hard drive, wireless controller, Xbox 360 headset, and more.

For those looking for the ultimate value and the freedom to customize their console as they see fit, Xbox 360 Core System now has an estimated retail price (ERP) of $299.99 (CDN). Xbox 360 Core System provides everything gamers need to hit the ground running while giving consumers the ability to add new features and accessories they want.

Dressed in black and equipped with a 120GB hard drive, Xbox 360 Elite will be priced at an ERP of $499.99 (CDN) for those who want the premium games and entertainment experience.

In anticipation of this year's largest blockbuster game launch, the Xbox 360 Halo® 3 Special Edition Console will hit store shelves in September with an ERP of $449.99 (CDN). Featuring an authentic Spartan green-and-gold finish, this console will include a matching Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, Xbox 360 20GB hard drive, Xbox 360 Headset an Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit and more.

We are still paying too much for the system compared to the US price, but if they keep including a free game; I can live with paying $25 more then our friends south of the boarder.
imcrazy you are correct, the smaller price drop on the elite makes the system relatively more expensive in Canada then the US, when it was $550 the it was more in line with the US price. Still if you want the HDMI port, you have no other choice atm.

Update: If you look on the boxes for the new XBoxes, you can already find models with the 65 nm processor and 2 heatsinks.

For XBox360 Elites, anything with a MANUFACTURER LOT# of 0728 or higher has 65 nm processors and 2 heatsinks.

If you find MANUFACTURER LOT#s of 0724 or 0725, these have 2 heatsinks but no 65 nm processors. To be honest, the 65 nm processors make VERY little difference and doesn't help with sound or heating like others have assumed. The 2 heatsinks do much more.

I'm guessing that if my 360 hits the fan, that they will either slap on the heatsinks or give me a Falcon, and totally abolish the old refurbs?

Are there new heatsinks and/or the 65nm chips in current Premium consoles? If so, what LOT number should I look for. Would appreciate a quick reply since I will be heading out to purchase one soon.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Are there new heatsinks and/or the 65nm chips in current Premium consoles? If so, what LOT number should I look for. Would appreciate a quick reply since I will be heading out to purchase one soon.[/quote]

For all models (premium, elite)

New heatsinks are LOT 0724 and higher
65nm + New heatsinks are LOT 0728 and higher

I don't think you will find those in Canada.. yet...

[quote name='kimphamg']For all models (premium, elite)

New heatsinks are LOT 0724 and higher
65nm + New heatsinks are LOT 0728 and higher

I don't think you will find those in Canada.. yet...[/quote]

Amazon.ca and Futureshop.ca might be your best bet for XBox360 Elites. They recently got a new stock, and all shipments are 0724-0725. I myself ordered from Amazon.ca late July, and the model that came was 0724 with the 2 heatsinks.

If you go to retail stores in Canada, they are probably clearing out their old stock first so you will have a hard time finding the new models.

[quote name='Hovercraft']Do you get Games anywhere if you buy a core system?[/quote]

The source is offering two games with the core system.

so i was just reading up on the news and apparently all the new xbox premiums (the ones with the additional heat sinks) also have an hdmi port =D. this makes me very happy, i'll probably pick one up instead of an elite

[quote name='AeonX']so i was just reading up on the news and apparentl all the new xbox premiums (the ones with the additional heat sinks) also have an hdmi port =D. this makes me very happy, i'll probably pick one up instead of an elite[/quote]

Anyone seen a #0728 model in Canada yet? My 360 just got the red ring of death so I need to return it but want the newer model.

[quote name='neo.dorsia']Anyone seen a #0728 model in Canada yet? My 360 just got the red ring of death so I need to return it but want the newer model.[/quote]

Won't be in Canada for quite some time, the huge backlog of older 360s that MS has is being pushed towards us, fun times. I went through amazon.com and ordered one from there, had to ship it to one of my friends in the states and then he's shipping it to me. In the end, I actually saved $50 doing it that way then buying a 360 here in canada :lol:

bread's done
Back