Stranglehold - Gen. Discussion & Info

-Never4ever-

CAGiversary!
Feedback
107 (100%)

Features

Experience exhilerating third-person next-gen action as you continue the story of John Woo's influential action film, Hard Boiled, starring Chow Yun-Fat. In John Woo presents Stranglehold™, run into danger with a gun in each fist and take down the organized crime bosses who stepped over the line when they took your family.
Ensnared by a crime boss with a gripping secret, Inspector Tequila is forced to cross the line from sworn duty to bloody revenge. Engage your enemies with intense cinematic gun battles and cause massive environmental damage in real-time or revolutionary slow-motion Tequila Time.
  • Signature cinematic action: Stranglehold allows you to play a John Woo-directed action blockbuster movie. Dual-wielding, stunt-laden gameplay combined with massive destructible environment ensures that Stranglehold will be a true tour-de-force. The environmental interactivity and two-fisted gunplay all come online, bringing the experience to a whole new level.
  • Amazing gunplay and stunts: Experience snooth flowing gameplay, such as running up railings, swinging on chandeliers, and leaping onto moving objects, all without interrupting intense gun battles.
  • Blockbuster Hollywood talent: Featuring the cinematic flare of acclaimed action director John Woo, Stranglehold also benefits from Woo's direction on storyline, camera placement, and cutscenes. Starring international action star Chow Yun-Fat as Inspector Tequila, the game's cast is also comprised of other A-list Hollywood talent.
  • Environments as weapons: Using the Massive D™ physics engine, bring the world down on your enemies. Carve your own realistic path of destruction through environments and manuver through unique piles of debris which persist in the environment.
  • Intense cinematic gun battles: Engage the enemy in Tequila Time™ by targeting and firing in real-time while the world dramatically slows and enjoy the exhileration of running up railings, swinging on chandeliers, and leaping onto moving objects, all without complex controls.
  • Unreal 3.0 and Havok: Using a modified version of the Unreal 3.0 engine integrated with the Havok physics system, Stranglehold breathes new life into game environments and characters with its stunning graphics. Incredible physics make it possible for everything in the world to be destructible and interactive, allowing for an ever-changing battleground depending on how players approach different situations.

Achievments: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/j/johnwoopresentsstranglehold/

Sorry if this is a repost.

woot hope its up there overnight like 2pm pacific time or earlier, because im going to be up anyway.

\\:D/

Anyone know about what time? Gotta be to work at 9 AM EST, but I gotta leave about 8:15 hopefully they will have it up so I can download it before work.

[quote name='mvp828']\\:D/

Anyone know about what time? Gotta be to work at 9 AM EST, but I gotta leave about 8:15 hopefully they will have it up so I can download it before work.[/quote]

Probably 6am like the norm.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I'm really hoping this ends up being the sleeper surprise of the season.[/quote]

It's the 360's Max Payne. It'll get great reviews, it'll be a blast to play.. but it'll get old.

[quote name='Slackerchan']Its up right now. Its 1.28gb just so everyone knows.[/QUOTE]
Downloading now. Hope it's good...

I might just have to rent this one, games fun as hell, but I dont know about replaying it. Blowing shit up everywhere and the massive amounts of guys is fun. -thumbs up-

Damn, 2:01 AM huh? I should have checked went to bed about 20 mins later. Grrr. Could have played before work.

That demo was a lot of fun. Definitely going to be picking this one up. Though I'll be getting the PS3 version since I want the movie too.

DAAAAAYYYYYYUUUUMMM this game is awesome. Stranglehold makes Max Payne look like Bad Boys Miami Takedown. The game looks great, controls great, feels great, and sounds great. The demo is nice and long too. I can definitely see myself playing through this demo many times, which is rare for me. I had a huge grin on my face the whole time.

I pulled off an AWESOME feat a minute ago. I was fighting in an area with a lot of tables and little shops full of fruit and such. There was a propane tank sitting on a table and some guys running near it. I had a bad judgement of distance and I was too close to the blast. As soon as I shot it, I realized that I was way too close to it. I quickly ran backwards to try to escape the blast. As soon as that propane tank went off, I slid backwards onto the table in slow motion as the explosion took out three guys. It looks sooooo fuckin' cool.

Shooting guys in the face and balls with precision aiming = amazing.

People gettin me all riled up at work. This sounds too awesome. I've been holding my breath on this one.

I had no interest in the game until I played the demo. Not a day 1 purchase for me since I will have other stuff to play at that time, but I will definately pick it up soon after it comes out as I loved the demo. The only small knock I have aganist the game is that the controls could use a little fine tuning.

[quote name='mvp828']Hey are you a new Moderator Casey???

Never seen any of your posts before or just didn't realize it.[/QUOTE]

I have been a mod here for over 3 years now.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I have been a mod here for over 3 years now.[/quote]

Ah, guess I just am not that observant. lol

Pretty cool game. Doubt I'd pay full price for it, but I was expecting much worse. The PS3 SE is pretty tempting though.

bread's done
Back